Message Boards

Topic : 09/06 The Ex Factor

Number of Replies: 127
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, August 31, 2007, 10:21:47 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
What do you do when your ex is still in the picture and wreaking havoc? Louise says she broke up with Mike two months ago because he choked her, threw chairs at her, and even threatened to throw their infant son over a fence. Mike says anger just runs in the family, and he wants Louise to take him back but another ex of Mike’s has a warning for Louise. Shannon says she wants to expose Mike for the cruel man he really is. Mike says Shannon is a liar and an unfit mother. When Dr. Phil digs deeper into the story, you won’t believe the claims Shannon makes. Plus, what did Mike confess to Louise that has Dr. Phil concerned for the children? As allegations of abuse, threats and theft fly, Dr. Phil tries to make sense of these strained relationships. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 31, 2007, 11:01 pm CDT

The Ex-Factor

This should be an explosive show... can't wait to see it!!!

September 1, 2007, 6:54 am CDT

this is my story

i think men you not hit woman at all i think it is wrong to do that ans if you have kides to it scares them and it is not good for men to be abuse towards woman they should get help for it be they hurt some one else and think what could happen if they do that to woman that is my story

September 1, 2007, 8:00 am CDT

my ex like to mental abuse

my ex  didn't hit me but he knew how to control mental abuse.

He was never around to help me rasie his son. But once the realtionship was over he turn around and blame me for the mess that he is in . second of all it all my fault having his son .

He would not allow my sister to go near my son or my mother . he was trash my family tell everyone on the internet that my family is bad people. I was force to which I stood my ground after I had enough of him walking in and out of my son and my life. and he hates it.,

I never going to date anyone becasuse I going to deal with my ex  control tell me that this guy is not good to be around his son. when it ok for a 35 old man chasing teenagers.

He claims he want to be in my son life but when it come to been there he never around.

I would like to move on and having a pain ex on my butt I can't. every move I am judge on to the point where I lost my control which he started and tape it on his mob phone

I had raise my son on my own . No help and I would like my ex to go .

mental abuse it twice as getting punch in the face.

September 1, 2007, 10:05 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Doctor Ex-Fac Phil The Tor. Better try that one again next week Doctor Phil. See you tomorrow

Afternoon. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.--------------------------------------------------------------

September 1, 2007, 3:16 pm CDT

My thoughts

When I first met my ex, he was funny, great to be around. Until the day I told him I was pregnant. He became verbally abusive, started hitting me, even put a knife to my throat one night. All the while I was pregnant. Once my son came he was in and out of the house, I caught him cheating on me and I told him enough was enough and threw him out for good. I raised my son since birth by myself. Was it easy, no; is my son perfect, no. Are we better off without him, absolutely. I went for full custody of my son when he was 4 years old, his "father" showed up at the hearing, the only thing he had to say was he wanted to see his son. I told him fine, you need to give me 24 to 48 hours notice, show up sober and drug free. I got full custody and we never heard from him again. We have not seen him in 10+ years, the last I heard he was in prison.

September 1, 2007, 8:28 pm CDT

believing the lies

Wow! Can't wait to see this one! My ex TO THIS DAY (4+ years after divorce) tries to control me and STILL abuses me and the kids emotionally! He lies to his family, employers and friends about me, going so far as to telling his employers that I had moved to California while HE had custody of the kids.........he took a two month vacation and told his bosses that he had to take the kids to see me, when in reality HE went on vacation and the kids were here with me! He has told my daughter that he was working in the same town as we live and that "she had better not be surprised if she turned the corner and he was there watching her" and that "he knew more about her than she thinks he does", etc. I called where he said he was working and I was told that he had NEVER worked at that station before (US Post Office) and wasn't at any time working there. He has told his family that I had an affair and that was why he ended the marraige when in truth, he came out of the closet, but doesn't have the nerve to tell his family, and he has been living with his "life partner" for over two years now! But instead of telling people the truth, he tells them lies and tries to tell people that I am a bad mother, I sleep around, etc. and that he always has the kids with him, when again, in reality, the kids are with me 99% of the time! The whole time we were married he would tell me that I wasn't pretty enough, not smart enough, I could never make enough money as him, I couldn't clean as well as him, cook, etc. What'sworse is that he would say things like this to his family and friends. He had beat me so far down emotionally that I believed him, and I am STILL recovering from it! Recently I bought a house, and he is so mad that I have succeeded without him, he is taking me back to court because he is mad that I bought a house 1 1/2 miles away from where we were renting! All of a sudden, where we live is an "inconvenience" to him! Because of the way he has treated me for the past 15 years, I rarely leave my house unless it is a school function, I have to pay bills or go to the store. I haven't dated in over two years and I am afraid to. I do not trust anyone, and if I am not with my children, I am usually home alone. I could go on and on but I will stop now. I am interested in watching this particular show, because I want to see how Dr. Phil can help this woman. I would hate for someone else to live the way I do and be afraid.

September 1, 2007, 8:58 pm CDT

me again...

Me again! I also forgot to add that my ex stopped talking to my daughter when she was 11 years old and she will be 14 next month! The weekend after he stopped talking to my daughter, he moved his boyfriend in the house, pretty much choosing his boyfriend over his child.  That day that this all happened my daughter had been fighting with her sister, typical sister stuff, he yelled at my daughter, she started crying and said that she wanted to go home to me. He told her "fine, I will take you home but you have to beg if you ever want to come to my house again". And now he  tells me that SHE has to apologize  to him! He only sees the two other girls and buys them clothes, etc. and makes them leave everything, even the clothes, at his house and does not let them take their things to my house, even though I am the one they live with most of the time! By the time they get back to him the clothes are usually too small or out of season! This summer his mother paid for plane tickets for he and the kids to see them, and he only took two of my daughters, not the oldest, and although it was planned that he would stay with his mom, since she bought the tickets etc., there was a family squabble by the time he got there, and he wouldnt let the kids see his own parents! Seriously I could go on and on, but this is really about the show that is coming up! haha! Guess I just needed to vent! Thanks for letting me!

September 2, 2007, 7:05 am CDT

my ex and wreaking havoc

My "ex" has been my "ex" since 1988.  He was very abusive (mainly mentally) to my children and myself.  We had 3 daughters.  When I finally left, my eldest daughter (then, 12) was 25 pounds overweight, my 5 yr old wet the bed nearly every night, and my 2 year old sucked her thumb.  Within THREE MONTHS of leaving him, all three of them were free of their "problems".  Yes, we had a rough time making ends meet, but we did it.

He used to badger ME about my weight...."lose weight or get a divorce" (when I was only 150 pounds and had just given birth to my middle child).  "I want you 140 and on a diet" he would say....so I chose divorce for many reasons but also because I knew that he would never be happy with whatever weight I would get to.....because 140 is only 1 pound over my "perfect weight" according to the charts.  He would badger my oldest about anything he could find and we always argued in front of her and I took her side most of the time.  (My bad to argue in front of her and to take her side IN FRONT OF HER).  He would spank and belittle my 5 yr old for wetting her pants.....so she wet every night.  The stresss of the marriage and the fighting obviously got to my 2 year old.

We are so much better off without him.  And, I have NEVER demeaned or talked poorly of their Dad in front of them.  It has taken a long time, but HE'S the one that taught them how bad of a father he is and has been.  They have grown up and he still treats them poorly, doesn't call them, rarely even emails them, still forgets birthdays and Christmas (he used to tell them that I stole their cards)....and has strong, biased opinions that are different than theirs and is VERY prejudiced.  He won't acknowledge that they want their step-father AND their father to walk them down the aisle when the time comes.  Well, 2 of my daughtes have said that if there was a choice, they would choose their step-father (who would graciously step back and let their Dad do the honors).  Their step-father has sent them (and paid for it) to see their father or else they would have only seen their Dad 3 times in 15 years.

So, know that you can do it and know that there ARE people out there that can be good to you.  I'm proud to have the title of "Divorced" because my "ex" treated me and my children poorly every day that he was home to do so.  We were military so we got some relief when he was out to sea.

September 2, 2007, 7:37 am CDT

Abusers never change

Quote From: kathy58

When I first met my ex, he was funny, great to be around. Until the day I told him I was pregnant. He became verbally abusive, started hitting me, even put a knife to my throat one night. All the while I was pregnant. Once my son came he was in and out of the house, I caught him cheating on me and I told him enough was enough and threw him out for good. I raised my son since birth by myself. Was it easy, no; is my son perfect, no. Are we better off without him, absolutely. I went for full custody of my son when he was 4 years old, his "father" showed up at the hearing, the only thing he had to say was he wanted to see his son. I told him fine, you need to give me 24 to 48 hours notice, show up sober and drug free. I got full custody and we never heard from him again. We have not seen him in 10+ years, the last I heard he was in prison.

I had an abusive husband, which is now why he is the ex.  I have heard every excuse  there  is why he did it. But  none of the  excuses were good  enough to want  to stay  with him.  My children and I are much happier without him.

September 2, 2007, 8:48 am CDT

move NOW.

I simply cannot understand WHY woman stay with guys who threaten their children. An adult can fight back [sometimes], a child cannot. I would protect my kids with my life, and did. I brought up 3 alone, they are now happy, healthy and settled young adults, with homes and families of their own.. My youngest at the time my  ex.husband walked out was 1. 1/2. Lady, move out NOW, before your kids get seriously hurt, then expose him for  the rotter he is. Make sure you are out of reach first.    thank you, wia in australia.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last