Message Boards

Topic : 09/10 Season 6 Premiere!

Number of Replies: 2174
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 07, 2007, 03:30:35 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The Dr. Phil show is kicking off its sixth season, so buckle up because Dr. Phil is coming at you with intensity! This year, he tackles the news stories that impact you – from celebrity meltdowns to school tragedies. He delivers the news to you as it breaks on a revolutionary, high-tech news platform that will change the way you stay informed! Today, he exposes a deadly trend that’s sweeping the nation: driving while sending text messages. Between Blackberrys and cell phones, Americans have a harder and harder time keeping their eyes on the road, but with teens, the problem is even worse. Seventeen-year-old Chelsea averages 5,000 text messages a month and insists that she can text while driving a stick shift. What will it take for her to put the brakes on her dangerous hobby? Plus, Patrick killed a man while texting and driving, and he’s still living with guilt. Will his tragic story be a wake-up call for Chelsea? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 25, 2007, 7:08 pm CST

Do me a favor

Quote From: marianparoo

...there are so many parents out there that are scared stiff of their kids.

Teach your kids responsibility

January 9, 2008, 11:07 am CST

Me, me, me, and me and I

I become horrified when I see how parents treat their children - what the h*ck!  Why are these children being brought up believing that they are  the centre of the universe? Is this some sort of  US trend (because I have seen is much too often,  also when living there)? The mentality of I and Me and  Individualism that is so popular is creatng little monsters among children.

"I cant not look at my phone". *? What does that even mean? It definately has nothing to do with that godforsaken phone, it  means that someone is brought up in a society and in a family which has taught way too much selfishness and not enough altruism - a common disease I must say.

So frustrating.

April 7, 2008, 11:26 am CDT

Put it under the law

As a viewer of the Dr. Phil show in the Netherlands (we are about 6 mnds. behind) i saw the show from september 10th at the beginning of april 2008. I was very suprised that it is allowed (i did'nt get the impression that it is forbidden) in the US to use your cellphone while you're driving. In Europe it is not allowed and ruled by law. 

Kind regards

André de Bruijn

Spijkenisse

Holland

PS

Correct me if i'am wrong

September 15, 2008, 6:14 am CDT

Let her keep the phone

Oh Dr. Phil, you were so wrong about on this one. I found myself shouting at the tv. TAKE THE CAR, TAKE THE CAR  AWAY!!!!!!  This girl can texts to her hearts delight while walking, taking a bus or having her Mom drive her where she needs to go (work and school) to pay for previous damages to the car and the phone bill.  I am sure when not texting there are other things to distract her.

First | Prev | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | Next Page | Last Page