Message Boards

Topic : 09/10 Season 6 Premiere!

Number of Replies: 2174
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 07, 2007, 03:30:35 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The Dr. Phil show is kicking off its sixth season, so buckle up because Dr. Phil is coming at you with intensity! This year, he tackles the news stories that impact you – from celebrity meltdowns to school tragedies. He delivers the news to you as it breaks on a revolutionary, high-tech news platform that will change the way you stay informed! Today, he exposes a deadly trend that’s sweeping the nation: driving while sending text messages. Between Blackberrys and cell phones, Americans have a harder and harder time keeping their eyes on the road, but with teens, the problem is even worse. Seventeen-year-old Chelsea averages 5,000 text messages a month and insists that she can text while driving a stick shift. What will it take for her to put the brakes on her dangerous hobby? Plus, Patrick killed a man while texting and driving, and he’s still living with guilt. Will his tragic story be a wake-up call for Chelsea? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 8, 2007, 9:56 pm CDT

Zero Tolerance

I have zero tolerance for any cell phone use while driving. I don't care if it is hands on, hands off texting. Anything.

Here this is an enormous problem, but as for all violations while driving, including those that result in death, the punishements are a sick joke.

There is absolutely no justification, short of calling an ambulance or the police, that justify any cell phone use when driving.

Marian (Tel-Aviv, Israel)

PS - Have also seen cyclists using cell phonee, although not texting while on the roac.

September 8, 2007, 11:09 pm CDT

texting will driving kills

On August 13th a teenage girl took her own life by texting while driving and took with her a friend of mine, Stacey Stubbs.  Maybe adding a name will make arrogant, invinsible teenagers see that real people are killed.  Stacey was 40 years old and her daughter, Rebecca who is only 6-  will now have to grow up without  her mom just because a teenage girl (named Ashley) seemed to think that in her less than one year's experience behind the wheel that she was somehow an amazing driver who could type and drive.  That text message cost Ashley her life- I doubt it was worth it.  This happened in Phoenix while Stacey was there for a doctor's appt.  I live in a rural area and we have far too many accidents with teenagers- and I don't mean fender benders- we have had quite a few fatal accidents in this area and yet the kids still don't take driving seriously.  I wish drivers young and old would concentrate on driving when they are behind the wheel- try not to be distracted or be in too much of a hurry.  Just remember that whatever your friend was typing out to you on that text message or passing that car when there really wasn't room- it isn't worth the trip to the hospital or the morgue or knowing the rest of your life that you killed someone because you were being stupid.

September 8, 2007, 11:12 pm CDT

is it worth it?

Quote From: nextdrphil

I am definately guilty of text messaging while I'm driving. I text a lot and know exactly where the buttons are on my phone and which ones they are...so I don't even have to take my eyes off the road...not that that makes it any better but....atleast I'm not staring at the phone and doing it. I think this is one of those things that people hear about one person doing and start doing it...because I know I happened to mention that I did it and everyone acted as though I had just confessed to a horrific crime but by the end of that week they were saying they too were doing it....I don't understand that....
When you go to text next time you're driving-  think about it first- just how important is that message?  Asking a friend what they're doing or where to meet- whatever-  is that worth killing yourself over or killing someone else?  Don't think it couldn't be you.

September 9, 2007, 12:19 am CDT

Driving when sending text messages

Never drive and send text messages at the same time. Pull over!   It only takes a moment to crash your car.  I was traveling in my car on my way to Hollywood to be in the audience of the Dr. Phil show just 2 weeks ago. I blinked off for just a moment flew off the road hit a tree and just about  ending  up in a creek.  I never made it to the show or my plans to the ocean, but I still have my life. I've seen so many people hurt  bad from car crashes. I work in Surgery its sad. Please keep your eyes on the road!

Janice

September 9, 2007, 6:23 am CDT

Dr. Phil's "Finger Wave"

Hopefully, after 5 years of getting used to the camera, audience etc., Dr. Phil will ditch his nervous habit of that silly "finger wave" at the beginning of each show.  I watch him everyday but find that habit rather annoying and  "juvenile."  I am surprised he continues.  Please know that I admire him greatly and have learned a lot by watching hia show. 

September 9, 2007, 7:07 am CDT

Texting Messaging and driving

Hello Everyone

Texting messages and talking on cell phones is dangerous while driving. It increases the risk of an accident and runs the risk of killing yourself or someone else. Ive heard a lot of state are toughing up on it. You can be pulled over or get a ticket for texting or cell phone use behind the wheel of a car. Of Course, you have to get caught at it before you get a ticket..........

September 9, 2007, 7:17 am CDT

The Fireman

I haven't seen this show yet. In the previews It looked that the fireman may have had a little bit of Television Nervousness. One the previews He was saying I..I..I..I..I..I when accused of sleeping with the Nanny. I guess if I was on TV and accused of that I would  be embarrassed and react that way to..........

September 9, 2007, 7:37 am CDT

09/10 Season 6 Premiere!

My 21 year old daughter is constantly texting or talking on her cell phone while she drives on the interstate and in downtown traffic. I have been in the car with her on several occasions and I repeatedly ask her to stop. She is too busy on the phone to notice when she is veering toward the center line or the shoulder, or even when she is gaining on the car in front of her. She just tells me not to worry, she has it under control. If she was 16 or 17 years old I would take her phone away. I just pray that I never get that phone call or knock on my door that she has either been severely injured, or even worse, killed herself or someone else while texting or talking on her phone while driving. 

September 9, 2007, 7:39 am CDT

09/10 Season 6 Premiere!

A 17 year?  Work or in school?  Who pays for the cell phone?  More importantly, who pays for the car?  If it's the parents, they are actually teaching her how to be a dangerous fool.........She is at an age where she cannot think very well.  Where are the parents?  Children at this age need parental guidance.  I hope that Dr. Phil can be her guidance "parent" for an hour.  He may even save a life(s).

September 9, 2007, 7:40 am CDT

09/10 Season 6 Premiere!

Quote From: tansiher

Hopefully, after 5 years of getting used to the camera, audience etc., Dr. Phil will ditch his nervous habit of that silly "finger wave" at the beginning of each show.  I watch him everyday but find that habit rather annoying and  "juvenile."  I am surprised he continues.  Please know that I admire him greatly and have learned a lot by watching hia show. 
Are you a child?  Get over it.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last