Message Boards

Topic : 09/11 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp Newlyweds

Number of Replies: 266
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 07, 2007, 03:31:51 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Most newlyweds cherish their honeymoon period and look forward to planning their future together. But these recently married couples say they’re already talking divorce! The wives say they’re sick and tired of being controlled and belittled by their demanding, overbearing and chauvinistic husbands, so they’re dragging them to Dr. Phil’s Man Camp for a complete overhaul. It’s not a one-way street through – the husbands have serious complaints about their better halves. Jim and Kim have been married only six weeks. Though Jim’s job takes him away from home, the distance doesn’t stop their fighting. Kim says his habit of leaving nasty voicemail messages is just another way for him to abuse and control her.  Jim says his wife loves his paycheck, not him. Then, Jack and Danielle are also only six weeks into their “wedded bliss” but are already sleeping separately. Danielle says Jack is so controlling, he even tells her how to shower. Jack admits he can’t get over his wife’s past, and he brings it up every time they fight. And, John and Karla have been married for nine months, but cameras capture a volatile environment that has Dr. Phil extremely concerned. Does Karla have good reason to sleep with a knife under her pillow? Join the discussion and tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 11, 2007, 1:11 pm CDT

09/11 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp Newlyweds

Quote From: shetypes

I watched and lstened to the whole show, thought abotu it over time and still came up the same.

The children are suffering abuse in all these homes.  The adults choose to be in the relationships, choose to stay for wahtever reasons BUT the children are given no choices.

Get the children out of them homes before they get hurt.

The man who shook a child: jail!

The Motehr who feared for her won safety but not kept her daughter safe?

You need a knife? No, you need to get help and your children should absolutely be taken out of that home

away from the serious lack of protection.  Idiots: does anyone actually knwo for sure this child does nto have damage from that shaking?

Excuses from every one of them with no accountablity for the stupidity for what they really do already know is wrong, themselves!

Alot of what people do is a learned thing. If they saw it when they were young, they will repeat the action. Yes I know thats no excuse but its easy to throw stones when you are not in the situation. I am sure that your own personal life is not perfect.

September 11, 2007, 1:16 pm CDT

Oh, boy!

I knew while I was taking my vows that it was a big mistake. I felt trapped into the decision and I just kept hoping it would turn out alright.. It was a long nightmare for 14 years. I really hope these newlyweds can straighten out their problems but if the opening remarks are any indication of things to come, they don't stand much of a chance. :-( 

September 11, 2007, 1:21 pm CDT

man camp

The men ar pigs-dogs-cowards, and much more. The women are just trying to get over as usual. Fake it fakit it faket it. God why do people even get into a relationship????????. Pastor Jon Hegy says You dont know the real person till you get them home. The real person lives in a cage till you let them OUT. No man has the wright to put his hands on a woman no matter what she says, and then no woman has the wright to provoke any man to anger.

September 11, 2007, 1:23 pm CDT

Ribs

Quote From: r0undman

You know Dr. Phil, there are BOTH MEN and WOMEN in this world who have adopted a belief that it is easier for them to BULLY the rest of the world and force them to do what they WANT, instead of trying to go about a peaceful means of co-existence.  Those kind of people become TYRANTS, DICTATORS and even pschyosematic terrorists, like OSAMA BIN LADEN!  Our Constitution states that ALL MEN (AND WOMEN) were created EQUAL and with inalienable rights.  If this is so hard to understand, what were you doing during AMERICAN HISTORY CLASS?!?!?!  Dr. Phil, I hope that these MEN, with your assistance (AND A GOOD SWIFT "KICK-IN-THE-ASS") they will realize their role in a marital relationship and be a 'MAN' and step up to the task that GOD gave us to do!!  GOD created woman to be OUR (MAN'S) help mate!  Women are a part of us as we are a part of them, think about it!  We (MEN) are missing a rib and women have ALL of their ribs.  The proof is in the Bible an right in front of us!!  If men would begin to understand women and how they respond to all situations as we do, they would see a tremendous resource and asset GOD gave to us.  MEN are more aggressive and willing to fight, but, women are more compassionate and willing to work out problems to a peaceful resolution for all.  In the BIBLE, Ephesians Chapter 5, verse 25, the apostle states:  "Husbands LOVE your wives, even as CHRIST LOVED the Church and gave himself for it."

WE ALL (MANKIND) have a part or role in this life on earth, we just have to ask GOD where we fit in.  AND remember we are not the only CHILDREN playing on the schoolgrounds.

As always, GOD Bless you and your family Dr. Phil.. AMERICA, and those who continually and BRAVELY serve, protect, and DEFEND HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The idea that men are missing a rib is an urban legend. Both men and women have twelve ribs on each side of the body.

September 11, 2007, 1:30 pm CDT

Wow, what a show!

It's going to be a good series of shows. I sincerely hope that these couples' marriages can be saved. It is amazing to me that people are brave enough to come to the show and bare all to us. I could never do that. In watching the show today, I began to question myself. Why do I enjoy this type of show so much? I'm almost frightened to think that I can enjoy a show where these couples' pain and suffering is so obvious. When DrP talked to the wives and then the husbands, I found that I had tears in my eyes. No one should be trying to exist this way. And yet ,I certainly know that this is common. I know of couples' whose lives are like this. I am so thankful that I have had a good husband and a good marriage. I cannot give myself the credit for it. My husband is a good man. I, in turn am a good woman. But I cannot take the credit for my husband being good , that's just the way he is. Had he been different what could I have done to change things? It would have been a battle as it is with these couples and others I have known and presently know. But,for the Grace of God go I. They all deserve better. Is there something wrong with me in that I like to watch shows like these? It was a tremendous show and I look forward to the remaining installments. It's like a reality soap opera. I so hope the lady with the drinking problem can decide to get some help for her drinking. I don't know how the marriage can get better as long as she drinks, no matter what strides the husband is able to make. She was really pissed with DrP wasn't she? Frankly, there are times in the past when I thought DrP was a bit of a bully, but not today on this show. He was just very straight forward and no nonsense. Oh well, looking forward to the rest of the shows and wondering if there is something lacking in me because of it.

September 11, 2007, 1:32 pm CDT

Wake up women!

I know why the two women went out the night before the show. They live with a couple of monsters and they needed a break! Look, ladies, if your dating a man who belittles you, if he thinks he has the right to tell you how to shower and he's lousy to your kids, for God's sakes run in the other direction. I wouldn't even attempt to save these marriages. The men are too damaged to make reasonable partners. Ladies--do yourself and your children a favor and get out!

September 11, 2007, 1:33 pm CDT

Quote From: shetypes

I watched and lstened to the whole show, thought abotu it over time and still came up the same.

The children are suffering abuse in all these homes.  The adults choose to be in the relationships, choose to stay for wahtever reasons BUT the children are given no choices.

Get the children out of them homes before they get hurt.

The man who shook a child: jail!

The Motehr who feared for her won safety but not kept her daughter safe?

You need a knife? No, you need to get help and your children should absolutely be taken out of that home

away from the serious lack of protection.  Idiots: does anyone actually knwo for sure this child does nto have damage from that shaking?

Excuses from every one of them with no accountablity for the stupidity for what they really do already know is wrong, themselves!

Thank you!!

Have we all forgot about the children?   Look at the war zone these children are living in.  It is so sad.  These adults need to act like adults!

September 11, 2007, 1:33 pm CDT

These three men are disgrace to America.

Who wanted to marry these losers anyway,

they don't deserve wives and children,

they should be in jail with rest of the criminals and child abusers.

Why she sleeps with a knife, is he sleeping with a knife? NO! The wives did not created home where you life is in danger.

Did her parents raised her to be slathered by some animal?

American little girls getting this kind of future?     .................What is going on heeeeeeeeeeeeeere?..............

September 11, 2007, 1:39 pm CDT

Man Camp

I just watched the show and I'm so angry!! For reasons many women can't leave until they are ready, I being an abused woman myself can relate to alot of what was said BUT, THE FIRST time my ex husband hit my oldest daughter that was the end of him!!!  I at that time thought I deserved it but she did not and was not going to get beat like I did as a child. I went through restraining orders, afraid for my life and my children but in the end I escaped and she needs to get off the booze and pills and get her a-- moving to get her kids in safety and get herself some help also.

September 11, 2007, 1:42 pm CDT

mancamp newlywed

i was married to an abusive man for 10 years.the last time he put his hands on me my son was watching and criing for him to stop.i made up my mind then that he would not hurt me or my kids again.he does not see my kids anymore and my kids are happier.i have remarried and now i have a wonderful man in my life he treats my kids like they are his.noone deserves to be abused mentally or physically.the woman who is the alcohloic needs to wake up and see what she is doing to her kids.if she feels like she needs to do drugs and drink then she needs serious help.everything she is doing will come back to haunt her.the kids see it and think its ok to drink and do drugs cause mommy does it.well its not and she needs to get help for her kids.leave the husband if you feel you have to do these things to be in the marriage.you are only hurting your kid in the process.wise up and take care of the kids.stop drinking and doing drugs.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last