Message Boards

Topic : 12/26 The Nanny Affair, Part 1

Number of Replies: 962
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 07, 2007, 03:33:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/12/07) Affairs, fights, lies and dark secrets are tearing a family apart. Brandon and Amy have been married for 2 1/2 years and have three children. One year into their marriage, Brandon was caught having an affair with their teenage nanny. Was she the only one, or did he cheat with others? The couple's tumultuous relationship reached a breaking point when Amy, who said she feared for her life, obtained a restraining order against Brandon. What led him to file divorce papers?  Then, five months into the proceedings, their relationship reignited. Why did Amy let Brandon back into her life? Amy's parents and her ex-best friend, Heidi, say Amy's heading down the road to disaster. So why do they doubt Brandon's recent revelations? And, why does Brandon say Amy's ruining his reputation? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 8, 2007, 6:32 pm CDT

Men and thier nannies...

It seems like you can't turn around nowadays without reading about some celebrity sleeping with the nanny. It must have creeped into everyday ordinary life too. Is it a phase that our culture is going through? These couples might do better to get an older, less appealing woman (no offense,I am basically describing myself) for a nanny. The husband might be less tempted.(with the nanny,I mean) I guess it's possible that if a nanny wasn't available, it might be someone else.)

September 8, 2007, 6:57 pm CDT

09/12 The Nanny Affair, Part 1

Quote From: emt888

I think not. Does it say that the nanny was a child? At what age are you considered an adult in your state? In Oregon it is 18 years old. You are a typical hater... You haven't ever seen the show yet and you are forming your own conclusion. Stupid. If you ask me, you are "acting a fool".

I wouldn't even be here, but I happen to know both Brandon and Amy. What is your excuse?

Get a life.

Well its nice to see they'll have one friend on the board.

If she were eighteen or nineteen then she is an adult, but as such she was put into a position of trust, and yes even with the fact her brain is still growing and probably has that invincibility thing still going on, she did know better.

That said, he has no real excuse he DID know better, unless she raped him, doubtful.

If what the blurb said is true though and she is fearful, then they shouldn't jump back into the marriage, cheating I think can be forgiven, and I don't think "Once a cheater always a cheater", I think if their relationships mean ANYTHING to them, they can and do change (I'll get blasted I'm sure).

But if you think its bad now, wait until the show actually airs.

September 8, 2007, 8:00 pm CDT

OK this is crazy

I think not. Does it say that the nanny was a child? At what age are you considered an adult in your state? In Oregon it is 18 years old. You are a typical hater... You haven't ever seen the show yet and you are forming your own conclusion. Stupid. If you ask me, you are "acting a fool".

I wouldn't even be here, but I happen to know both Brandon and Amy. What is your excuse?

Get a life.

i could care less i f the girl is 18 or 16 the man is sleeping with the person they as a family unit put in charge of their kids. GOOD GOD!!!!! How is she ever going ot hire anyone again? i wish this women all the luck in the world and i pray for her and those children that she can forgive him or she nneds to move on. CHEATING on a person when you lay beside them at night and say you love them and they carry your children and do all the things that spouses do for one another is just not understandable to me. I am so glad there are people in the world that will stand up and say im not taking it, and leave but on the other hand it seems she is giving it her all when any less a women would have told him to go to hell. Good luck to them and i hope he keeps his pants on or only off for her from now on.

September 8, 2007, 8:05 pm CDT

who cares

It says she was a teenager. Could be 18 or 19. Of course thats of age in Oregon.
Maybe they will say the age on the show.

I wonder why they didn't get one of Brandon's friends to be on the show????

Why does it matter to everyone how old she is if my husband is sleeping with my nanny the girl could be 50 and it would still P me off.

and why would they get any of his friends to come on the show and make him look good?? Right now half of the world thinks he's a BUTT and hasnt even seen the show. JUDGEMENT is a dirty thing. Give it time people it only in a couple days.

September 8, 2007, 8:10 pm CDT

09/12 The Nanny Affair, Part 1

OK i'm was not there and i cant tell you why he said this or waht but how in the world is any man goingot sleep with someone that is NOT IS NOT his wife and she ( hiswife) is ruining his rep.???????? WHAT???????????????? You kinda did that to your self and no mistakes like that dont dont dont just "happen".

September 8, 2007, 10:03 pm CDT

Me, I can't figure out the teenager!

Quote From: juzzaboo

Why do women let men do this to them. he didn't only cheat on her with a women but he cheated on her with a teenager a kid practicaly!! Im sure she didn't hire this girl to watch her husband. that wife should have kept that divorce and let him be with the teenager or any other kid and let him get in trouble for being a petafile and not let it shame the family. Im sorry but i was always raised that your actions dosen't just reflect on you but your family to. I was told never act a fool like that. so now people are going to look at her saying that she is married to a petafile and she has kids. the general public would worry for the kids. he did it to a teenager do you think he would do somethin to the kids. you never now!!

Me, I can't understand the teen in cases like this.

Never mind the whole argument about adultery.

What is she thinking? As a ten does she really want to become Ms. Whatshisname with step kids so early in life?!

September 8, 2007, 11:00 pm CDT

EMT.....RIGHT ON!

Get a life.

AMEN! I'm not saying he was right........or wrong......but what about this nanny? Doesn't she have any ownership in this as well?? I am quite positive she was not a LITTLE GIRL.......she was old enough to drive......and KNEW that Amy & Brandon were married. She watched their children for god's sakes! She is just as GUILTY as Brandon and as far as I'm concerned.......if you are going to smear his name all over the boards, smear hers too.

September 9, 2007, 12:53 pm CDT

Don't judge.

Quote From: j2b3o1

AMEN! I'm not saying he was right........or wrong......but what about this nanny? Doesn't she have any ownership in this as well?? I am quite positive she was not a LITTLE GIRL.......she was old enough to drive......and KNEW that Amy & Brandon were married. She watched their children for god's sakes! She is just as GUILTY as Brandon and as far as I'm concerned.......if you are going to smear his name all over the boards, smear hers too.
I don't think that other women should never be bashed at all. The husband is the one that should be bashed, after all, he is the one who is married. And what if the Nanny was under 18? Perhaps he was bribing her in someway to have sex with her. Don't bring any judgments on her, or OW who may be involved as well. They are just trying to look for love, but looking for love in the wrong person. I'm a single man at 25 years of age, & I know these things. Don't judge others, unless you want to be judged, too.

September 9, 2007, 2:37 pm CDT

Okay, I get it.

Quote From: nscoltsfan

i could care less i f the girl is 18 or 16 the man is sleeping with the person they as a family unit put in charge of their kids. GOOD GOD!!!!! How is she ever going ot hire anyone again? i wish this women all the luck in the world and i pray for her and those children that she can forgive him or she nneds to move on. CHEATING on a person when you lay beside them at night and say you love them and they carry your children and do all the things that spouses do for one another is just not understandable to me. I am so glad there are people in the world that will stand up and say im not taking it, and leave but on the other hand it seems she is giving it her all when any less a women would have told him to go to hell. Good luck to them and i hope he keeps his pants on or only off for her from now on.
 I point out one very important  thing, and you all run back to the "he still shouldn't have cheated.
I agree, he shouldn't have. But how can everyone assume that he is a petifile? You guys just want to blast him.

If it were here cheating, it would be no big deal.

Next, she doesn't need to hire a new nanny. She is just used to having lots of money and not wanting to raise her own kids. (well, all of the time) Some may see that as lazy.
Hmmm, My wife and I both work. we have 3 young children. 7, 2 & 2. We don't need a nanny.

How do we do it???

September 9, 2007, 2:38 pm CDT

Thank you

Quote From: j2b3o1

Finally, a person of true reason.

Thank you

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last