Message Boards

Topic : 12/26 The Nanny Affair, Part 1

Number of Replies: 962
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 07, 2007, 03:33:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/12/07) Affairs, fights, lies and dark secrets are tearing a family apart. Brandon and Amy have been married for 2 1/2 years and have three children. One year into their marriage, Brandon was caught having an affair with their teenage nanny. Was she the only one, or did he cheat with others? The couple's tumultuous relationship reached a breaking point when Amy, who said she feared for her life, obtained a restraining order against Brandon. What led him to file divorce papers?  Then, five months into the proceedings, their relationship reignited. Why did Amy let Brandon back into her life? Amy's parents and her ex-best friend, Heidi, say Amy's heading down the road to disaster. So why do they doubt Brandon's recent revelations? And, why does Brandon say Amy's ruining his reputation? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 12, 2007, 5:02 am CDT

09/12 The Nanny Affair, Part 1

What kind of idiot has a kid like that being a nanny to her kids?  I can see teens babysitting for a couple of hours, but a nanny?  Yes, that's what I want.....a teenager being a nanny taking care of my babies.

September 12, 2007, 5:32 am CDT

Quote From: housewife52

And I'd say sometimes affairs happen for the reasons you stated. But in other cases, I think men (or women) just can't resist temptation. I think sometimes it's just the nature of the human beast. But like DrP always says, you don't turn away from the spouse and go outside of the marriage looking for solace. I'd say it only makes things worse to do that.Best of luck to you.

A lot of my friends are recently divorced because of affairs.  I think a lot of it is learned behavior or something in one's childhood that makes them think that it's okay.  People don't think before they act.  They want instant gratification and they want it yesterday.  If everything isn't rosy over here, let me go try over there.  One of my friends decided to stay with her husband even after the third affair!!!  She trusts him this time.....they have three little girls and are highly education people.  These girls are going to have the same thing happen to them.  Men (and women) need to step up and grow up.  Life isn't all green grass and roses.  Crap happens and couples need to turn to each other instead of finding someone else outside of their marriages.  My husband and I have been married for 23 years.  He and I were both taught by our parents on how to be married and raise a family.  Though my father-in-law is rough on the outside, he's the one who taught my husband (who watched him for 24 years) on how to be a respectful husband and a caring father.  That's what boys need now days.  We are the parents of five boys....great kids....respectful, successful....and hopefully, and I have no doubt, they will be great dads and husbands one of these days. 

September 12, 2007, 5:41 am CDT

Quote From: raymom5

What kind of idiot has a kid like that being a nanny to her kids?  I can see teens babysitting for a couple of hours, but a nanny?  Yes, that's what I want.....a teenager being a nanny taking care of my babies.

Teenagers are good for nothing, as far as responsibilities of any kind are concerned.

They are still evolving mentally, spiritually to become thinking and decision making adults.

They in the process of transformation from child to grown up.

You can not count on them if you smart.

Especially with your baby. Looks like if they don't do something wrong with the baby,  they will with your husband, because they dint know.

They can not see that far ahead what is actually going on ...

It is the husbands fault  to use this teen. He is a dirt bag and child abuser. He took advantage of that person (to be).  If child tells you jump out of  a window are you going to?... You know better grand pa. You are old. Is that wise? You are not a man.

Head of the family, protector of women and children, faithful husband, keeper of promises,

a hero... A MAN.

September 12, 2007, 5:45 am CDT

I don't get women who are married to cheaters and continue to give them chance after chance after chance to shape up, all the while dragging their poor kids through the fall-out zone with them.  This guy says he only had one sexual encounter with one nanny - if you believe that, I've got some lovely swamp land in Florida that I'd like to sell you.

Sorry, but serial cheaters dont change - they just try to sharpen up their game after they get busted, so they can keep doing what they want to do.  The guy couldn't get his story straight - everyone else was lying, everyone else was out to get him, and of course, that old standby, "Gee, I don't remember". 

The guy is a DOG, and if his wife chooses to stay with him, she deserves what she gets -  when you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.  Too bad her kids will have to suffer along with her, cause they sure don't deserve to.

September 12, 2007, 6:05 am CDT

Quote From: j2b3o1

Not only are you repeating yourself about things you know NOTHING ABOUT since you are single......but you are bashing people that you know NOTHING about. I don't judge. I leave that up to God. I do however, speak the TRUTH about what I KNOW and again.....I know BOTH Brandon & Amy so I KNOW what I'm talking about. Stick to the things you know young man. Love, marriage, kids.....those are definitely things you know nothing about yet.

Were you not judging the other poster when you called them a "man hater?" Where's the "leaving that up go God?" You're doing exactly what everyone else who knows people who go on the show does...come in and tell everyone else that they know nothing. We don't get the "whole side of the story", blahblahblah.

Frankly, you don't have to know every aspect about someone's life to make a "judgment call" on what they're like. Their behaviors on the show are sufficient.

I DO know about love, marriage and kids....and I know that the behaviors of this guest are WRONG. I don't need to live next door to him for 20 years to know that. A 17-18yo girl should be dating a 17-18yo BOY. Not a married man with children.

Would YOU hire an 18yo girl to be a NANNY to your children? I wouldn't. I've had 18yo daughters, though they're older now. While there are some extremely mature 18yos, and they deserve kudos for that,  the majority can't be counted on  to take out the trash.

September 12, 2007, 6:06 am CDT

Of course, don't forget about the brilliant women who fall for these guys.

September 12, 2007, 6:32 am CDT

Women wants to build their home life and build relationship based on trust.

We need a friendship first with our man. That is most important to be best friends first.

If I don't have this you have nothing.

If you best friend with a man or woman anyone besides me get out!

I just don't have a energy to waste on you, to build a life with you it's just too much work efforts destined to fail and drain me of my energy and time.

With a best friend you always have fun, you have a sacred bond

that is there, everybody knows it. It shows. It is unbreakable, never fades away.

It's just there. Constant!

You share your daily life together perfectly content...

September 12, 2007, 6:50 am CDT

Quote From: livvygirl

I don't get women who are married to cheaters and continue to give them chance after chance after chance to shape up, all the while dragging their poor kids through the fall-out zone with them.  This guy says he only had one sexual encounter with one nanny - if you believe that, I've got some lovely swamp land in Florida that I'd like to sell you.

Sorry, but serial cheaters dont change - they just try to sharpen up their game after they get busted, so they can keep doing what they want to do.  The guy couldn't get his story straight - everyone else was lying, everyone else was out to get him, and of course, that old standby, "Gee, I don't remember". 

The guy is a DOG, and if his wife chooses to stay with him, she deserves what she gets -  when you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.  Too bad her kids will have to suffer along with her, cause they sure don't deserve to.

...when you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas... That is hilarious, that made me laugh, really it is     very funny.

Although I don't agree.

...What if the dog looks like a lamb. ..

What if  it is the wolf in sheep's clothing, she has no way of knowing.

He goes on his ti-pi toes in a dark and take his sheep clothing off and it's a dog!!!..

Than , who is to blame?

The man!!!... ( why it is always the man, I don't know? It is true look at the statistics, majority...)

You are lucky not be a statistic?!...

September 12, 2007, 6:57 am CDT

nanny

I really don't get this. This man is lying. You can tell by his body language. And what is she thinking? Taking him back? I really don't get what is in peoples heads.

September 12, 2007, 6:59 am CDT

This is a very distrubing issue

The sad part is she will take him back and he will cont. to have to live in fear of her life and being done wrong. She looks as if she is scared to speak her mind now. You can tell he is lying the way he is studering. I have seen this before she needs to move on with her life and give her kids a better life. Let him hurt and upset someone else.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last