Message Boards

Topic : 12/26 The Nanny Affair, Part 1

Number of Replies: 962
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 07, 2007, 03:33:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/12/07) Affairs, fights, lies and dark secrets are tearing a family apart. Brandon and Amy have been married for 2 1/2 years and have three children. One year into their marriage, Brandon was caught having an affair with their teenage nanny. Was she the only one, or did he cheat with others? The couple's tumultuous relationship reached a breaking point when Amy, who said she feared for her life, obtained a restraining order against Brandon. What led him to file divorce papers?  Then, five months into the proceedings, their relationship reignited. Why did Amy let Brandon back into her life? Amy's parents and her ex-best friend, Heidi, say Amy's heading down the road to disaster. So why do they doubt Brandon's recent revelations? And, why does Brandon say Amy's ruining his reputation? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 12, 2007, 7:02 am CDT

Puhleez!

That man is full of it! It was hard to watch him, knowing he couldn't remember what he had said or know what to say next. I bet there will be many women who come forward and confirm that he has had many other extramarital affairs! LOSER. Amy should take the kids and run!

September 12, 2007, 7:06 am CDT

THE FRIEND NEEDS TO BUTT OUT

THE HUSBAND IS WRONG FOR HAVING AFFAIRS. I DO THINK THE FRIEND NEEDS TO BUTT OUT AND GET HER OWN LIFE. SOME OF THE PROBLEMS SEEMS LIKE THE WIFE NEEDS TO GET UP, TAKE CARE OF HER OWN KIDS, HER HUSBAND AND HOUSEHOLD. INSTEAD OF BEING WORRIED ABOUT RUNNING UP BEHIND THE FREIND. IF YOU SAW YOUR HUSBAND GIVE AND 18 YEAR OLD GIRLS PILLS WHY DIDNT YOU CALL HER PARENTS, THE POLICE OR SOMETHING. THERE ARE THINGS IN EVERYONE STORIES ON THIS SHOW THAT CANNOT BE TRUTHFUL AND IF THEY REALLY WANT TO BE TOGETHER THEY HAVE TO WORK ON THEIR PROBLEMS WITHOUT THE FRIENDS INVOLVEMENT.

September 12, 2007, 7:07 am CDT

Something's missing: Girlfriend is over the top

Girlfriend is TOOOOO invested.   WHY?

Was she living with them?  That's odd.  WHY?

Is the girlfriend a girlfriend; seems there's an attachment.  The girlfriend is making the wife choose; this is a manipulation that reaks of an intent of romance between the girlfriend and wife.

SOMETHING BIG is missing.  Get the scoop.  Wife has no direction or opinion and will adopt ANYONE's position that seems to care about her.  Where are her parents?

September 12, 2007, 7:07 am CDT

the children

what a great example of how to raise children. She has an obligation to raise boys into men.....and this kind of abuse is ridiculous. hell would freeze over before i allowed him to continue to be a role model for my boys!!!!

September 12, 2007, 7:09 am CDT

09/12 The Nanny Affair, Part 1

Quote From: yvette16

...when you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas... That is hilarious, that made me laugh, really it is     very funny.

Although I don't agree.

...What if the dog looks like a lamb. ..

What if  it is the wolf in sheep's clothing, she has no way of knowing.

He goes on his ti-pi toes in a dark and take his sheep clothing off and it's a dog!!!..

Than , who is to blame?

The man!!!... ( why it is always the man, I don't know? It is true look at the statistics, majority...)

You are lucky not be a statistic?!...

I agree with what you're saying to a point - some people are very good at hiding their true colors for awhile.  But at some point you've gotta open your eyes and see people for what they are - especially when you're a parent with litle ones depending on you for security and well being.

And I am a statistic - my first boyfriend was a dog in sheeps clothing - telling me how much he loved me, and then going out and sleeping with anything with a pulse the minute my back was turned.  It took me a year to fully wise up and see this jerk for what he was - and then I tossed his lying butt out and never looked backed.  Thank God I was smart enough not to let myself get pregnant by this loser.  I've now been married for almost twenty years to a wonderful guy who knows how to keep it zipped up unless he's home with me where he belongs!!

I do feel for Amy, but she's gotta open her eyes.  Guys like this just dont change.  And there are plenty of women out there as well who are liars and cheats, it's not just confined to guys!

September 12, 2007, 7:09 am CDT

NO!   in this case she should not take him back. It is time to move on. Sell the home ,cut your loses and move on.

You will be better of trust me, why waste more time on him.

He will do it again, all he needs is an excuse and that is easy to find, trust me.

Don't look back!...

September 12, 2007, 7:10 am CDT

Don't yell at me for my opinion

Ok.  I think the wife's friend needs to stay completely out of it.  I believe she is adding fuel to the fire and it is not her place.  Yes, she should say her peace and step aside.  I just wanted to jump through the TV just to make her STOP.

Next, Yes...I do believe that maybe...just maybe he may be willing to work things out with his wife.  He had the chance to run during their separation, but he chose to work it out instead of being a bachelor again.  I also do believe that he isn't telling the whole truth but I think he is doing it because he does want to work things out with his wife and doesn't want too much to come out and get in the way of that happening. 

I think maybe more therapy for BOTH and a lot less time with RED. 

September 12, 2007, 7:14 am CDT

Quote From: yvette16

Teenagers are good for nothing, as far as responsibilities of any kind are concerned.

They are still evolving mentally, spiritually to become thinking and decision making adults.

They in the process of transformation from child to grown up.

You can not count on them if you smart.

Especially with your baby. Looks like if they don't do something wrong with the baby,  they will with your husband, because they dint know.

They can not see that far ahead what is actually going on ...

It is the husbands fault  to use this teen. He is a dirt bag and child abuser. He took advantage of that person (to be).  If child tells you jump out of  a window are you going to?... You know better grand pa. You are old. Is that wise? You are not a man.

Head of the family, protector of women and children, faithful husband, keeper of promises,

a hero... A MAN.

How can you say that all teens are "good for NOTHING"

I have cared for children for around three to four years and I am only 17.

I have had no complaints and it sickens me that anyone would discriminate against people due to age.

You need to grow up. Teenagers may be able to take better care of children than you are.

Oh and another thing is that I am Certified to babysit and have babysat for a 5, 2, and 5 month old and people trust me.

September 12, 2007, 7:14 am CDT

The Nanny Affair, Part 1

First of all, she needs to remember that she is married to Brandon, not the (so called) best friend.  Just like love friendship should be unconditional.  Friends are for comfort, refuge and SUPPORT during this kind of storm.  Hiedi needs to step out and let her resolve her anger, hurt and disappoinment with Brandon and only be a sounding board.  When someone invites you to live in their home, it does not grant you the right to interfere in their marriage to the degree that she has. It seems she wants Amy to choose between herself and Brandon.

September 12, 2007, 7:17 am CDT

OK, let's go  away from the whole cheating aspect for a moment (because we all know that it is wrong and if she did not get it after at least the second infidelity, she will continue to allow it until her life is just completely blown to hell). Let's talk about what ramifications there should be on his part for sleeping with a teenager. Has anyone, his wife, her best friend, her parents, his parents, the TEENAGED  nannies parents bothered to have this man charged with statutory  rape in their home state?? My daughter could be 2 DAYS from her 18th birthday and I WOULD HAVE HIS BUTT IN A JAIL CELL SO QUICK HIS HEAD WOULD NOT ONLY SPIN, BUT FALL FROM HIS SHOULDERS.  Even if the laws permitted it, him being arrested would be enough for me to get the media involved and warn other parents. Why would this woman allow more teenagers into her home knowing full well what her husband is capable of. Here is a great thought..... take your kids to a outside daycare facility where he would have minimal contact with your childcare providers. Stop bringing girls into your home.....that makes her just as guilty as he his.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last