Message Boards

Topic : 12/27 The Nanny Affair, Part 2

Number of Replies: 1150
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 07, 2007, 03:35:05 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/13/07) The saga continues, as Dr. Phil brings you more of the affair that shattered the lives of a husband and wife and her best friend and parents. One year into his marriage, Brandon was caught cheating on his wife, Amy, with their teenage nanny. After fearing for her life, Amy filed a restraining order against Brandon, and he filed for divorce. But, their separation didn't last long. Amy decided to let Brandon back into her life, much to the dismay of her best friend, Heidi, and her parents, Cyndie and Mont. Why does Cyndie say she's scared of Brandon, and why does Mont say he doesn't believe a word Brandon says? Then, how are the kids faring during all of this chaos in the home? Heidi and Cyndie say they worry Brandon's discipline is over the top, but he says he's a loving father. What does Amy have to say? And, why does Dr. Phil question Brandon's sincerity to change? Is there hope this couple can save their marriage or should they call it quits once and for all? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 3, 2008, 6:49 pm CST

Dr. Phil's M.O.

Dr. Phil, sweetie, you do it EVERY time.  At the end of the show, you always let whomever it happens to be off the hook. 

How about one time you tell the fella that he's a dirty rotten scoundrel, and there's no hope for him/her, period?

You could have started with Brandon -- perfect candidate.

January 6, 2008, 3:02 am CST

12/27 The Nanny Affair, Part 2

I agree with Dr. Phil. They both need to back off from this marriage. They are both liars and cheats and neither has taken their marriage seriously. I dont believe that he will change for this woman. I dont believe she is scared for her life since she dismissed the restraining order. It would have been nice to go into the details of her affair so we can see that cheating was a part of their marriage and not only his issue.  I disagree with the father when he did not want to recognize the pressure the husband was in. I believe there is alot of pressure being up there in front of millions of people and being targeted. But the husband handled himself well under the circumstances.

January 6, 2008, 10:41 pm CST

Quote From: chicomalo

I agree with Dr. Phil. They both need to back off from this marriage. They are both liars and cheats and neither has taken their marriage seriously. I dont believe that he will change for this woman. I dont believe she is scared for her life since she dismissed the restraining order. It would have been nice to go into the details of her affair so we can see that cheating was a part of their marriage and not only his issue.  I disagree with the father when he did not want to recognize the pressure the husband was in. I believe there is alot of pressure being up there in front of millions of people and being targeted. But the husband handled himself well under the circumstances.

Brandon lied under pressure which is how he responds to everything.

And that was long before he went on the stage of the Dr. Phil show.

The wife did not have an affair.  Brandon wanted to think she did to even the playing field, but it was just another lie.

They do not need to be together as it would not help either of them or their children. 

It is too sad that Brandon didn't even realize how nuts he is, and how inappropriately he responded to everything that was brought up.

So much like Drew Peterson that it is beyond not funny, it is scary. 

He is a fireman because he wants to appear to be a hero and a helper.  There will be a tragic end if he does not get the real help that he needs.

January 7, 2008, 2:23 am CST

Disagree with Dr. Phil on this one.

I usually agree with Dr. Phil but on this program there is one thing I disagree with, and that is that the husband is "not an evil guy".  I think he is, and that he is a sociopath.  What could be more evil than a man forcing himself on a young girl and threatening to cheat her out of her wages unless she lets him violate her body.  She worked for those wages!  If she wanted to be a prostitute she could make a hell of a lot more money than he's paying. He also apparently drugged one of the girls, which could have killed her, as is what probably happened to Nataly in Aruba.  He belongs in prison, where he would be at the bottom of the social ladder along with child molesters.

February 18, 2008, 3:45 am CST

Maybe the women should get som respect?

We all want to help her to see that what her husband is doing is wrong for her. But if we need to have an agenda for her life maybe that should be to give her a chanse. It,s easy to say that other people is doing something wrong. What if the only way she feels good is with her husband and the only thing she has to learn is to not shear everything with her friends and family. Because they of cause want to help, but maybe it isn,t the right help for her. Respect for her descissions and for her. Yes of cause I can see that this is wrong from her husband. But.....

April 7, 2008, 12:02 pm CDT

Heidi

This show was broadcasted april 5th 2008 in Holland and I must say i was perplexed about Heidi who was interfering in a way that i could not understand, and dr. Phil let her! Why? What was Heidi's motivation to speak in the show? She was interrupting constantly in a destructive way. At least i expexted that dr. Phil should correct her firmly, but nothing happen.

Kind regards,

André de Bruijn

Holland

April 11, 2008, 6:21 am CDT

Heidi, Amy's friend went too far!

I live in the Netherlands and here they bring these shows for us like 2 or 3 months after it was originally aired, so I understand that this was last year's but I have just watched it less than 3 weeks ago and I will not be at peace until I have said what I think about it. First af all, Brandon is a DOG! He is those kind of guys that their male ego will not let them think and reason normally and it pisses me off! when he, like everybody else that comes to that show, starts giving excuses like "I did not know any better, I grew up in ........household, my father or my mother did this and that", what the hell! It's just like the trend these days, to find something to blame it upon...... I don't know who falls for all that, but I do not! I understand that Amy loves him and I believe that a relationship could and should be worked out especially where kids are involved ( so that those kids will not grow up with another excuse of....."my parents divorced when I was.....old, so......."), BUT! there's definitely no excuse for a man talkless of Brandon to cheat on his wife, if he could cheat on her with a teenage nanny, then he could also flirt with her sister or friend and if they stupidly fall for him (as is the case sometimes), Brandon will not look back. He is dangerous!

Secondly, Amy is just too naive for my liking, she looked totally confused through out the entire two episodes of the show. Sit up girl! The ball is in your court, what do you want?

And finally, Heidi took it too personal! It makes me feel there's a little jealousy in there. We as friends or family members need to know where to draw the line, come on!.... that was just too much. I was gasping the whole time she was talking, no matter what, it is still Amy's life and her business..... Allow her to say the last about it!

April 15, 2008, 12:20 pm CDT

Quote From: dedndogyrs

I usually agree with Dr. Phil but on this program there is one thing I disagree with, and that is that the husband is "not an evil guy".  I think he is, and that he is a sociopath.  What could be more evil than a man forcing himself on a young girl and threatening to cheat her out of her wages unless she lets him violate her body.  She worked for those wages!  If she wanted to be a prostitute she could make a hell of a lot more money than he's paying. He also apparently drugged one of the girls, which could have killed her, as is what probably happened to Nataly in Aruba.  He belongs in prison, where he would be at the bottom of the social ladder along with child molesters.
I agree with you. Dr Phil's telling obviously evil people they aren't is getting really tedious. If ever he had an evil guest on his show, it would be Brandon. Who does belong in prison for what he's done. There are laws in this country. Laws which Brandon broke. Therefore, he belongs in prison. Not getting freebie counseling arranged by Dr Phil. Let the prison chaplain counsel him. 

August 25, 2008, 9:56 pm CDT

Nanny Affair or selfish man and the stupid women who loves hi

Hello All,

The Nanny Affair (part 1) just aired today in Australia, 26 August 2008. I have to agree with you prettyjossy, I’ am completely over the people who blame their bad behaviour on their upbringing, parents etc. BooHoo. It’s time to grow up. We all have sad stories, but most of us can still treat people (especially those we claim to care about) in a reasonable manner. I don’t believe Brandon is the devil incarnate. (Good grief, it’s not like he’s Hitler). He is just a petulant, selfish CHILD who is under the impression he is god gift to women. Funny how he only seems to ‘come on’ to significantly younger women he employees!

Must disagree with you on one point prettyjossy. Amy did not come across to me as naïve, just a total moron. May sound a little harsh, but true. Part 2 will air tomorrow. I think there is a lot more to this story.

March 16, 2009, 3:35 pm CDT

Quote From: alleybratz

Why is this beautiful woman  standing by a man , Brandon who is obviously all for one  HIMSELF>>>>>   This is the type of man who ends up murdering someone.....  Amy don't stay with a man who doesn't love you... If this is love why would anyone want any part of a maniac like Brandon..... All Brandon wants is the significance of being on Television...  I see his self esteem at the lowest level... Please Dr.Phil send Amy to a mental hospital she needs help to stay away from an abusive life.  Why does she want to remain as a victim????     

When a man or woman stays with an abusive partner they choose to be a victim.... This woman obviously would be smart to see why she is attracting this kind of partner.  Its time that we don't allow victims to stay in the victim mode... By saying the victim isn't responsible is insanity....

First | Prev | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | Next Page | Last Page