Message Boards

Topic : 12/27 The Nanny Affair, Part 2

Number of Replies: 1150
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 07, 2007, 03:35:05 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/13/07) The saga continues, as Dr. Phil brings you more of the affair that shattered the lives of a husband and wife and her best friend and parents. One year into his marriage, Brandon was caught cheating on his wife, Amy, with their teenage nanny. After fearing for her life, Amy filed a restraining order against Brandon, and he filed for divorce. But, their separation didn't last long. Amy decided to let Brandon back into her life, much to the dismay of her best friend, Heidi, and her parents, Cyndie and Mont. Why does Cyndie say she's scared of Brandon, and why does Mont say he doesn't believe a word Brandon says? Then, how are the kids faring during all of this chaos in the home? Heidi and Cyndie say they worry Brandon's discipline is over the top, but he says he's a loving father. What does Amy have to say? And, why does Dr. Phil question Brandon's sincerity to change? Is there hope this couple can save their marriage or should they call it quits once and for all? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 12, 2007, 3:12 pm CDT

He's NEVER gonna change

To say that he was just young and immature is ridiculous. He was old enough to know better, he's not a child. He could have told the girl he was married, if she in fact came on to him, which I'm not convinced she did.

I think he would cheat on her today if he thought he could get away with it. He has no respect for his wife, that is obvious by his behavior on the Dr.Phil show. She's a moron if she stays with him. She needs to think of her kids and in the words of Dr. Phil , "it is better to come from a broken home than to live in one"

I hope they all get their stuff together for the children's sake and she needs to get out of the relationship and stay out and quit playing house.

Autumn

September 12, 2007, 3:16 pm CDT

Reasons

He hates to lose...at or in any thing.  His wife's friend is not under his control and he sees her are a wild card. She is in more danger then the wife.
If they split...he will move on to another and repeat the relationship.  The question now is...will he make a change, and will she stick by him with fingers crossed.

September 12, 2007, 3:58 pm CDT

Stalker!!

The best friend here needs to quit being a mommy to the lady.  Grow up and stop trying to get so much control over your "best friend"  My friends love me and support my decisions even if they disagree with them.  It's her life not yours BACK OFF OF YOUR FRIEND Heidi!  You drive by her house that is STALKING who is the crazy one?  Get a life and quit obssesing with hers!

September 12, 2007, 4:36 pm CDT

the nanny affairs 2

Quote From: hotvoclst

The best friend here needs to quit being a mommy to the lady.  Grow up and stop trying to get so much control over your "best friend"  My friends love me and support my decisions even if they disagree with them.  It's her life not yours BACK OFF OF YOUR FRIEND Heidi!  You drive by her house that is STALKING who is the crazy one?  Get a life and quit obssesing with hers!
         I agree the friend needs to get a life of her own .Just be a friend she is to damn NOISEY. BACK OFF

September 12, 2007, 4:36 pm CDT

she must love lies

she is a grown woman so why hasn't she figured out that he is a pathological liar and flirt!! he went so low as to sleep with the nanny in their own home and hasn't divorced him yet ? why is he the one who filed for the divorce? by her saying that there is a possibility that they might get back together she is just setting herself up for another failed relationship and it will happen again. he cant even get his stories strait. as for the friend she is just trying to get her to see what she sees in him and thats obviously nothing positive. she is a beautiful woman who needs to move on with her life and needs to be less gullible.

September 12, 2007, 5:21 pm CDT

The Nanny Affair, Part 2

Dr. Phil:

I am concerned as to why the "friend" is involved.  Friends are usually there for support not for advice.  Not even a friend knows what is in a person's heart.  I feel the friend has added to this distressed relationship. I sense that the "friend" is a very unhappy person herself and could use some GOD magic in her life. I also feel, that if the couple is truly serious to make this work, then they should start by finding a church close to home and seek support and forgiveness.  A great place to confess ALL your sins without being judged.  This is a wonderful place to start their family through the healing process.

September 12, 2007, 6:06 pm CDT

Run Run Run

I think that bells and whistles should be going off in Amy’s head. I worked with a man and he told people he was going to kill his wife.  His known girlfriend, said to other coworkers she wanted to make a sacrifice for a male friend’s birthday. No one I know tried to tell his wife or family. The wife despaired from a Target parking lot and her body was found in a ravine. During the murder trial it came out that the man had a relationship with another woman from the Santa Barbara area  and the main reason she broke up with him was he had said he wanted to kill his wife and he knew how he was going to do it too. He stated he would push her off a mountain side while hiking. When they started having problems he tried to take her hiking. She had no family and had made him the beneficiary of her life insurance.  Smart Girl made a phone call to her insurance man and had her life insurance changed and broke up with this guy. Too bad Sherri Dally didn’t get the advice to run. Have you ever thought why when someone disappears that cops often look at the spouse as a suspect? If he says he will do it or even jokes about it I don’t think it is funny or worth taking the chance that an unstable person can make good on his threat.  How many murdered wifes does it take to prove my point?  Run Run Run

September 12, 2007, 6:31 pm CDT

Question?????

Did anyone else catch that he said that he would kill her and put her in a cement box? Not just one time but twice? Any other friend or family member hear him make this comment? Just because he is on Dr. Phil's show don't think for a minute that this man isn't capable of doing it. He has a history of putting himself first. He Cheats. He Lies. What about the Petterson case? This type of man thinks he is above the law. That he is too smart to get caught.

September 12, 2007, 6:59 pm CDT

manipulator

I personally think that he is very manipulative and cunning.  I have seen this so many times from dealing with my brother.  They know how to work everybody and say what needs to be said.  At the same time I can understand where she is coming from. I have been in an abusive relationship and it is not easy to get out of it but there does come a time when you have to say enough is enough.  Think about your children. Do you want your sons growing up to know that it is okay to treat a woman the way their father does? Now is not the time to think of you but of the children

September 12, 2007, 7:45 pm CDT

09/13 The Nanny Affair, Part 2

I will say if this young woman was drugged as it was claimed, by Brandon and Amy and Heidi were privy to it, I do hope all three are charged to the fullest extent of the law, last time I checked you cannot have CONSENSUAL sex with someone who has been drugged (they are in no state to give consent ), that might help this whole "Stand by your Man" mentality, really how long and how many humiliations do you stand by him for ?

Heidi does need to step out, agreed, but lets remember she has been listening to
Amy from the beginning, and in her defense she might be trying to help her friend, I just don't see her as some evil witch bent on destroying the marriage, if that's the case then Amy's parents are guilty of the same thing.  As a grown woman the choice is Amy's, for better or for worse and right now  she seems so browbeaten that she'd follow him to hell and back.

So what about the children ?  Do any of them spare a thought to what they are going through, or what their lives must be like right now ? Seems like a NOT.

Maybe the big bombshell will be that Heidi and Amy are having an affair, who knows, and I won't find out until Friday morning (gotta work tommorrow night ).

I thought Marriage was supposed to be based on Love, trust, commitment and RESPECT ?  I wasn't getting a really warm fuzzy feeling from Brandon.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last