Message Boards

Topic : 12/27 The Nanny Affair, Part 2

Number of Replies: 1150
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 07, 2007, 03:35:05 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/13/07) The saga continues, as Dr. Phil brings you more of the affair that shattered the lives of a husband and wife and her best friend and parents. One year into his marriage, Brandon was caught cheating on his wife, Amy, with their teenage nanny. After fearing for her life, Amy filed a restraining order against Brandon, and he filed for divorce. But, their separation didn't last long. Amy decided to let Brandon back into her life, much to the dismay of her best friend, Heidi, and her parents, Cyndie and Mont. Why does Cyndie say she's scared of Brandon, and why does Mont say he doesn't believe a word Brandon says? Then, how are the kids faring during all of this chaos in the home? Heidi and Cyndie say they worry Brandon's discipline is over the top, but he says he's a loving father. What does Amy have to say? And, why does Dr. Phil question Brandon's sincerity to change? Is there hope this couple can save their marriage or should they call it quits once and for all? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 12, 2007, 9:55 pm CDT

the nanny affair

dr. phil

after watching your show, let me say that the guy having the affair is a liar.  he knows it and i know it.  how i know it is because i see it in his eyes and his answers.  his answers are as you say inconsistant, he can't even answer a simple question that you ask him, and he always has an answer to everything.  including blaming every body else instead of taking responsibilty for actions.  he may admitted to one affair with the teenager, but has anybody reported him on statutory rape.  admitting to one affair with an underage minor as i understand it is very serious.  he is an alpha male and i have zero tolerance for alpha males like him.  he may seem to have all the right answers but he does not fool me. 

September 12, 2007, 11:02 pm CDT

looks happy when talking about affair

Did anyone notice that when this guy is talking about  the affair he GLOWS? He looks happier and prouder than when he is discussing his wife or children. He is proud of his affair.

September 12, 2007, 11:24 pm CDT

Nanny Affair Part 2

I am so jealous of you guys I have not been able to see the second part yet :( .  I agree with so much of the posts here on the boards but the first thing I thought when I watched part 1 was "you teach people how to treat you"  which should tell you I have a Dr. Phil obsession.  Everyone in this story is wrong its like an episode of Maury Povich gone bad. 

1. The husband is wrong as we have all said and only God can change him.....He's wrong wrong wrong.

2. The wife well it takes two to run a marriage off into a ditch and problems were probably there even before the affairs, the affairs were just symptom of the problem.

3. The best friend....My best friend and I made an agreement when I got married that she would not talk about her marriage and I would not talk about mine its just inappropriate and complicates things even more.

These days its so easy and all to common for people to say "just get a divorce" when there is a more practical and biblical solution.  legal seperation is a good way for couples to give each other the space and time to find out who they really are and give GOD the time needed to change hearts because only he knows whats in the hearts of man.  Divorce is just so final and doesn't give GOD the chance to work.

September 12, 2007, 11:26 pm CDT

New start... WHY ??

My questions would be, Why when given a full chance to start fresh, get everything out now, making a serious change in a marriage, a chance to earn back his wifes trust would Brandon fail to STILL come clean ?? You can surely tell he is still hiding and/or lying a lot. Obviously he doesnt want his wife or his kids back. He's surely not thinking of the kids. He's still only thinking about his own selfish act!!

September 12, 2007, 11:56 pm CDT

I think she is lying

Quote From: nightangel1282

Why would she let him back into her life after filing a restraining order against him? That doesn't make sense to me. Especially after she said she was fearing for her life.

I said it before in the part 1 forum, and I'll say it again here...

Call it quits!! Nobody needs that kinda stress in their life. If he's the kinda guy who'll cheat on his wife with a teenaged nanny, he's not worth your time or effort.

Nightangel1282

I think that the wife may be exaggerating the situation just a bit...I mean really, if you truly feared for your life and you believed that your husband was forcing sex & narcotics on a teenage girl why on earth would you ever consider reconciliation??? I also think that the friend is a big instigator. I am not saying that the husband is Innocent but i do sense as though he is being ganged up on...I really believe we may have a case of bitter grapes...I mean the babysitter or sitters have been rejected  as well as the friend...maybe they are just mad that they can't have him and that they realize he loves his wife and that they were just being used.

September 12, 2007, 11:56 pm CDT

OMG- What's she thinking about??

You know the old saying"Once a player always a PLAYER !" So if the shoes fits wear it . For a man that says he's changed how come he can't remember how long he's been getting help for?That's like a drug addict not remembering when they got clean. She better wake up and open her eyes CUZ this guy reminds me to much of Scott Peterson.And we all know what happen to his poor wife.It's still early enough and she is young enough to start over and still hopefully have some kind of self esteem.And not end up where Scott Peterson's wife ended up!!!!What about the kids .... they will grow up thinking it's ok to treat women like there father has treated their mother.Cuz if dad did it then it must be ok! Read between the lines and OPEN those eyes and ears!

September 13, 2007, 12:23 am CDT

Keep That Dog on a Short Leash in Pt. 2

For all those who think Heidi is too involved...

I'm sure it wasn't her idea to be on the show.

And besides, the show isn't about Heidi...

it's about that scumbag cheating so-called

husband.  Dr. Phil, I hope you keep better

control of the show during Part 2 and not allow

Brandon to spew all that venom about Heidi.

Doc, I usually like the way you keep control

of your show, but you blew it this time.

September 13, 2007, 12:30 am CDT

Once a cheater

I hate to say it, but once a cheater, always a cheater.  The fact that he has made threats of violence towards her, regardless of whether or not he meant them(which, by the way is irrelevant), goes to show what kind of man he really is.  The fact that he can be charged with a crime if he did drug this nanny is grounds for him to lose his job.  Not only can  he lose his job for the criminal aspect if he is ever found guilty of drugging this nanny, he can also lose  his job on the grounds of moral turpitude.  This is not the kind of man who needs to be around children. 

She needs to think of her children first and not bring them up in that kind of environment.  The fact that this "man" says he has changed, but his behavior on the show relays a different story, such behavior is learned and the children do not need to see their "father" treat their mother that way.

September 13, 2007, 12:34 am CDT

Save The Children !

The children MUST be first !!!!  Adults make their decisions and choices, the children have NO say but only IF they could.

Ironically, I was a Nanny and would NEVER even thought of an affair with the Daddy but I would like to say that my age was the woman's first consideration in hiring me. I was in my 50's, my employers were in their 30's. Age difference wasn't so far fetched  for the world of today I guess but first and foremost were those two adorable children.

Perhaps this Nanny was searching for love in the wrong place.

Thank you Dr. Phil for this opportunity of voice.

MapleVt

September 13, 2007, 1:00 am CDT

Fireman and the Nanny

I'am looking forward to watching part 2 of the fireman and Nanny affair. I feel bad for his wife, not only did she get cheated on, but also for being so naieve as to think he is a changed man. You can not change something that you don't acknowledge, and he is lying in circles. The "best friend" really annoyed me, she needs to stick by her friend and keep her mouth shut. It isn't her marriage that has run off into the ditch. I hope everything works out for the best for everyone involved in this situation, especially the children.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last