Message Boards

Topic : 12/27 The Nanny Affair, Part 2

Number of Replies: 1150
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 07, 2007, 03:35:05 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/13/07) The saga continues, as Dr. Phil brings you more of the affair that shattered the lives of a husband and wife and her best friend and parents. One year into his marriage, Brandon was caught cheating on his wife, Amy, with their teenage nanny. After fearing for her life, Amy filed a restraining order against Brandon, and he filed for divorce. But, their separation didn't last long. Amy decided to let Brandon back into her life, much to the dismay of her best friend, Heidi, and her parents, Cyndie and Mont. Why does Cyndie say she's scared of Brandon, and why does Mont say he doesn't believe a word Brandon says? Then, how are the kids faring during all of this chaos in the home? Heidi and Cyndie say they worry Brandon's discipline is over the top, but he says he's a loving father. What does Amy have to say? And, why does Dr. Phil question Brandon's sincerity to change? Is there hope this couple can save their marriage or should they call it quits once and for all? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 13, 2007, 1:49 am CDT

hold her accountable

I know what he was wrong, but this is the second day and this show isnt about just him. She let this happen around her kids. Its being protrayed that its ok for her to admit she was wrong for letting things happen, and now shes getting help. But not the same for him. He is wrong, period. But she isnt any better putting up with it and letting him come back into the home, sleep together, say he is better than before but quick to still leave him. She is with him because it is all she knows and she wont find better. Her friend cares, and thats great, but she needs a life and to find a new way to travel than past her friends house. Everyone can judge and blame, but I feel if youre not going to help and stand by them because you want the best, them back off.

September 13, 2007, 2:08 am CDT

09/13 The Nanny Affair, Part 2

Why is the best friend involved? She's just a meddling hag who needs to mind her own business and stay out of it! He may not have changed but he needs to deal with this with just his wife and kids. Not with his parents in law, or the best friend.

September 13, 2007, 2:25 am CDT

09/13 The Nanny Affair, Part 2

That woman is an idiot if she takes him back.  How many affairs does he have to have before she sees he isn' going to change.  Brandon said that he did it because he was self ish but has changes since then.  He is nothing but a liar and a cheat.  Not to mention the fact that he said he was going  to bury his wife in concrete and she would never be found again.  That man is dangerous and she never should have dropped the restraining order!!! 

September 13, 2007, 2:45 am CDT

more counseling

This man needs more help on how to treat others and how to have some personal boundaries.If he agreed to that, then maybe.........

September 13, 2007, 2:48 am CDT

nightmare on dr. phil st.

oh my god. i am up at 4:30a.m., been up since 3 a.m. with nightmares from the dr. phil show! argueing, yelling, name calling.............i watched dr. phil 7-8 times since the shows conception, nothing personal i was just always busy. for the past 3 weeks i have watched everyday. what a friggin nightmare i had tonight from todays show. the good news for me is, i do not live like that.[the nanny humper and his wife] the bad news for me, i don't know if i can continue to watch everyday if i am going to dream it at night. my common-law husband died almost 2 years ago. we had such a wonderfully healthy loving relationship. i can remember relationships before  my 2nd husband kiling my first, my 3rd husband beating me, my 4th a compulsive gambler and compulsive liar, come to think of it, my first and last relationships were the only loved filled ones. my first bound for disaster because we were young, foolish, and playing house, just like our parents lives while we were growing up. my last reationship was a success because we met after both had had years of counceling, sobriety, and maturity. i escaped the world of chaos . now i am purposefully putting myself back in it just to watch dr phil?!

September 13, 2007, 3:49 am CDT

duh!

its like i wanna run up to this woman, and tell her WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? he said he's gonna bury you in a cement box! she needs to take those babies  get out as fast as she can.  hopefully after todays show she see's how he's still a liar and he hasn't changed. duh!

September 13, 2007, 4:32 am CDT

Give me a break!!!

What is wrong with Amy???  How much more evidence does she need to see that Brandon is a cheating, manipulative sociopathic loser?  Amy - wake up and smell the coffee.  How many times has he cheated on you?  Was there any truth in what he said at all today?  Is he going to counseling?

At least for your children sake - grab a spine and say NO to this lost cause/poor excuse of a man and waste of skin.  How much more do you need????  He lies, is violent towards you, and your children, does drugs, takes sexual advantage of any woman in the home (Heidi and the nannies 1 through 5)

Brandon - grow up --- let Amy go.  Stop making excuses of why you are the victim here.  The way you attacked Heidi didn't fool anyone -- you don't like the heat on yourself, because you are STILL not ready to answer for your deplorable and hedonistic behaviour.  Grab a moral compass!

Heidi and Amy's parents --- cut Amy off from emotional and financial support until she sees things clearly.  She will drain you of everything and then go back to Brandon in the end - she doesn't seem to get it!

Dr. Phil -- give Brandon a lie detector test.... you always say 'you can't change what you don't acknowledge'... Is he in counseling or isn't he?  Was he force feeding the nanny drugs so he could exploit her?  What else is he doing OUTSIDE the home???   If he is attacking all the nannies inside the home and inappropriately disciplining (read: abusing) his children and wife inside the home?

September 13, 2007, 4:36 am CDT

the nanny affair

OMG this guy is such a liar, and I cannot see why Amy would want to stay with this arrogant cheater who has abused her already. Girl get out while you can before it is too late. He may have gotten some counseling(I doubt it) but it is obvious he is not still going. They all say they will change and never do it again but they rarely do change. They change just long enough to get what they want then they are back to their old selves.

I never thought I would be able to relate to a story like this but my daughter is going through an abusive situation and since she lives with me I know the fear she is going through because he has threatened not only her but the whole family.

Get out of this mess now. He will never change and you deserve better.

September 13, 2007, 5:09 am CDT

protect your sanity

Extract yourself from this relationship and seek advice on how to protect yourself from him in the years to come.  You will see that he will never, ever change. He is a narcissist.

September 13, 2007, 5:16 am CDT

Be there - done that

I really wish I could reach out to Amy.  I went through something almost identical (except no children) and it was eerie reading about it here.

"Danny" was charming, very good looking, an athelete and women swarmed to him.  Danny also had a sadistic and cruel side to him.  Brandon reminds me so much of him for various reasons --

1). He cheated on me and blamed the other women. 
 2). He hated my best friends and called them "whores".
 3).  I had to take out a restraining order on him because of his temper (spent so much $ repairing holes on the wall).
 4).  He constantly made demeaning remarks about other women.
 5). Blamed his childhood for his actions.

I could go on and on and on....

He cried for me to take him back because he realized he was getting older, women weren't buying his bullsh*t and (according to him) he "found himself".  Thankfully, the damage was done.  I had lost some really good friends (because I took him back too many times) and was clinging on what little self esteem I had left.  I've never looked back and I'm so much happier. 

Brandon is a loser and a manipulator.  I think Amy is enjoying all the attention he is now lavishing on her.  I'm not judging her for it -- when Danny cheated on me and then came crawling back, I was thrilled to have him "want" me again.  She's as blind as I was.  I wish to God I had someone as strong as Heidi in my life (maybe I did and I ignored her??).  It made me sick that she would wait forever for him to change.  It's not going to happen.  She was looking for Dr. Phil to give her the green light to hold on.  I think Dr. Phil was completely wrong on this one.

Bella

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last