Message Boards

Topic : 11/22 Saboteurs

Number of Replies: 988
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 07, 2007, 03:36:27 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 9/14/07) Do you know someone who smiles to your face, but schemes and maneuvers behind your back? Dr. Phil takes on saboteurs –-people who undermine others for their own personal gain. First up, Linda claims her daughter-in-law, Deanna, is a master manipulator. Linda says Deanna is so set on keeping her son and grandchildren away that she has allegedly bruised, scratched, pushed and verbally attacked her. Deanna says Linda is causing the vicious divide, and that it’s high time her mother-in-law stop playing the victim. Will the women ever stop pointing fingers at each other? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 11, 2007, 1:14 pm CDT

Saboteurs , Personal Gain Or PARANOIA ?

Come on now  lets be real everybody we meet and everybody we know has is some form or another has been their done that or at least thought about  ! Its a Part of human nature ? Some people just cant control

them self's from them self's.. How much can one gain  from an individual ? Self satisfaction at the most ?

Are you all that  ..? Do people really what you got Unless that person knows you better than you know yourself  ? And nobody should know your business better than you.  And if your privet life consist of being personal with everybody Well go figure ? Maybe your to spread out .  As far as Grandma is concerned shes just playing her role ! And if she's a retired stay at home Mom , Start taking notes cuz your gonna be the same way in 20 years ! Theirs nothing in life that you know that grandma doesn't all ready know so unless your trying to hide what lye's under neath she probably has a lot you can learn from instead of run from ! If I was married and my only problem was my mother in law I'd consider it my life a success story.Or you think being the wife over rides being the mother and grandma thinks being a mother over rides being the wife  I feel sorry for the guy caught in between . but then again he probably gets a charge outta both your's competing over him ! if the extent of your life is from the front door to the end of the drive way theirs a whole other world out their your missing ! Beside the one your trapping yourself  in ! Take control or play the role ! The things in life we don't like are the things in life that are keeping us happy , gives us a reason to change things we dont like and to make what ever better making you feel better that you changed something.  OR its" I  DON'T LIKE WHO YOU ARE BUT I SURE AM HAPPY TO SEE YOU ",,,.But once you know the extent of something  thats as good as it gets.  Or spend the rest of your life telling yourself " Oh one of these days it'll get better I know it will " Your Best days Are Probably Behind you ? Learn to Love what you got !

As for the Man with the Wife who Has a illness. Your  1000 % right ! ! Shes Sick Of her own life .Let her get on with herself  ! Let find What ever makes her happy  ? She Has Friends . Besides she'll be around the rest of your life weather or not you want her to. Throw her ass out and when shes done with herself and everyone is too she'll be back might take  a couple months , years , 20 years she will be back with an explanation, realization ? Its unavoidable. Then you can tell her HEY YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE .as far as the baby don't Deni anyone from her or him ? just make sure that their  are certain Guidelines that need to be followed and don't let your feelings screw you over. !! Maybe your living a fantasy ? Do you know the difference between  fantasy and reality ? The Difference Is.. The FANTASY IS YOU WANT IT TO GET BETTER !!!  THE REALITY IS ITS NOT !   LET IT GO SO  !  ITS GONNA BE OK !

September 11, 2007, 7:20 pm CDT

09/14 Saboteurs

Quote From: cary29

She cheats on him because he allowes it.  I don't think it is an illness I think it is a response.  If her husband does not want her to sleep with other men then he needs to not allow it, even if it means leaving her.  People treat you how you allow them to treat you. 
In the case of the saboteurs if someone is causing problems that effects your life then it might be time to cut that person out of your life untill they can behave in a positive mannor.  I just had to do this to my brother, I have not spoken to him now for 3 weeks and he lives 2 doors down. I also did not invite him  to my sons birthday party.  When his actions stop effecting my life then i will let him back in.  I think that is the best way to deal with a "saboteur"
So..it's HIS fault that she cheats?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

September 12, 2007, 2:57 pm CDT

dr.phill

dear dr. phill

i was wondering if u could replay the show about the abusive mother that spanks and beats her kids because i really wanted to see it but i couldent get home on time to see it so please if u could can u replay it i would really apreashat it. thanks

thanks so much ,

sarah

September 12, 2007, 5:25 pm CDT

Isnt it too early?

how can anyone be commenting on this show when it doesnt air until Sept 14?? today is only the 12th!

September 12, 2007, 7:03 pm CDT

09/14 Saboteurs

Quote From: mariozlady23

how can anyone be commenting on this show when it doesnt air until Sept 14?? today is only the 12th!
People often give their preliminary thoughts on the shows before they air, also people will often share their stories if they are similar.

September 12, 2007, 10:57 pm CDT

Get a life!!!!!!

These women need to stay out of everybody else's life. An on the subject of the woman having all the affairs, God said love one another! NOT sleep with every man u meet!! That is the problem of the world People forgot what the BIBLE says an want to do what they want. Dr. Phil I have been watching your show since u first came on, not every day but close. I love the way you tell the people like it is an you are always giving them help. The Lord will bless you an Robin. Can't wait to see Jay's show.

September 13, 2007, 7:49 am CDT

9/14 Saboteurs

Dr. Phil:

Anyone who does something like this deserves to have nothing in their lives. Allowing someone to destroy a marrige is not something to be proud of. Being a Saboteur is like having a disease. It can be controled and fixed with the proper help. It is also a way to get attention. No one's life is so bad that they need to destroy anyone else's life. All saboteurs need to get their own lives and begin again with a stronger base in which to work on so that they do not have to destroy someone elses life.

September 13, 2007, 12:52 pm CDT

saboteurs

dr. phil,

i think the husband should leave his wife. if i was hime and i found this out i would be packing my bags and good bye wife! could you tell him that for me please dr. phil thanks.

austin musselman

September 13, 2007, 4:06 pm CDT

I Know A Few

I have known a few people like this in the past.  I have a sister-in-law who is classic.  She has tried to make drama in our entire family ever since I have known her.  She thrives on it.  Some people love to do this crap.  Thank God my husband, kids, and I know better.

September 14, 2007, 3:00 am CDT

Toxic people

Both of these people and their families are suffering because of this toxic behaviour by both parties. Linda has become too obsessive with matters that are none of her business and invented episodes to support her victim theory. Deana has a responsibility here despite her own bad experience with her own mother and now her mother in law to draw clear lines of distinction for the benefit of her family unit. Being at war is no solution for the grandchildren. Professional mediation may help bring this relationship to a safe conclusion. There is no reason that Shane and Deana should have to accept Linda bringing toxicity into their lives. A cooling off period is one thing then they should seek mediation.

I tried for years and years to manage a relationship with my mother but she was unable to keep to the agreed way forward and always brought her toxic attitude to the surface which was so damaging to my own family. I have had to cut all ties with her which is very sad.

I hope this is not the way forward for this family

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last