Message Boards

Topic : 12/31 Faking It?

Number of Replies: 234
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 14, 2007, 03:43:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/17/07) Secrets, aliases, disguises … Dr. Phil's guests are liars and cons who manipulate people to get what they want. Fred Brito is an ex-con and self-proclaimed "Benevolent Con Man," who spent years fabricating identities and falsifying resumes to obtain top-level, six-figure-salary positions with highly esteemed organizations. He's faked being everything from a symphony conductor to a psychiatrist! Fred even posed as a priest and married couples in the church. What happens when Maria and Gene, who were married by "Father Fred," confront him? Will he admit to his wrongdoing? Fred says he's no longer in the con game, but is "Honest Fred" just another scam? Then, "Linda" says she had everyone believing she was dying and needed a kidney transplant to save her life. She even lost 30 pounds and wore a dialysis tube to make her made-up illness seem more convincing. Is she serious about getting help and stopping the lies, or is she lying to get Dr. Phil's attention? What's at the root of Linda's deception? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 10, 2008, 3:31 am CST

faking it

Quote From: evilqn620

I am anxious to see the show, since I used to be married to a guy like this.  Thanx for the heads up that you have seen this guy before.....I'm setting my recorder as we speak.
i think  it is very important to try to understand the reason behind what forced that guy to that staff.

April 29, 2008, 7:56 pm CDT

YOU'RE RIGHT

Quote From: badger1956

I have been in law enforcement for over twenty years; I wish I had been able to talk with Dr. Phil regarding "Fred".  Fred stated "I have not been convicted in the past five years"... let me translate that for you...what he just said was that he has not been caught in the last five years.  His statement is the typical mis-direction answer.... the response should be ...have you committed any crimes or fraud in the last five years...

This individual continues to con...he is just on the show to sell his book!!!
YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. FRED JUST HASNT BEEN CAUGHT. PERHAPS IF THE DR. PHIL SHOW AND OTHER SHOWS WOULD WANT TO FOLLOW UP AND CHECK BEYOND FREDS LYING MOUTH, THEY COULD GET TO THE REAL TRUTH. MAYBE THEY COULD CHECK WITH HIS FAMILY.

April 30, 2008, 10:26 am CDT

Fred Brito

I find it very amusing that Fred's family is consistently attacking him. I know Fred. I've know him for a very very long time. He is not what appeared on Dr. Phil. As for his family, when his mother died on June 6, 2006, not one of his brothers or his so called sister even bothered to attend the funeral. They were too busy and broke, so they say. Fred has been taking care of his father and mother by himself with out help from anyone. He has done good to his mother and father. What the rest of his family needs to do is look in the mirror and judge themselves instead of beating up on Fred. Fred is a strong person. His family can talk all they want. But I know the truth, and so do they.

I am a school teacher. I teach my kids the best that I can. Fred came to our class, and he gave us a beautiful message of Hope, peace, and he inspired us to be the best in all that we do.

I know Fred Brito, and you clowns out there can say all you want... but it is you who has never walked in his shoes, nor do any of you know him personally as I do. His family may know him and they write bad about him only because they are jealous that he has become so successful and very wealthy.

Thanks Dr. Phil for putting Fred on your show. There is more wonderful things about him that you did not show. But those of us that know him, already know that he is a good man who is trying to help others that have lost their way.

Now watch all of the maniacs come out and beat up on me. No matter. I can take it. You only prove how ignorant you are.

August 27, 2008, 8:42 pm CDT

so ironic

i just got out of a relationship (of nearly 3 years), this week. My ex was exactly like this, a ptahological liar. It was a coincidence that i saw the show. I can't believe that I am going through it rght now, and that's when I saw the show. I cant believe that an illness like this actually exist. I thought it's just a REALLY bad habit he has.
Lying is his habit.. It's very convincing too. He lied about getting robbed, and having cancer which i beieved for months, thinking no one could possibly fake something that serious.

The cancer-lie started when I was about to leave him, just because I believe the relationship isn't working because he's too busy with work. Work from 7am to 7pm and sometimes will stay back or hang out with work mates after.
He had a BIG drama that night I said we shoud move on. I refused to talk to him, and the following day, he told me he was acting like that because he found out he's got cancer. The tumour he had (the tumour is true, and I'm aware of ever since I met him) that was dormat, started growing. And the reason why he worked too mch i to save up for treatment. He started "passing out", telling me and other friends that he ended up in a hospital because he blacked out. Having headaches that goes on for hours. He even said he's been going for chemo. as for the symptoms? well, he TRIED faking it.

As soon as i found these things out, i realise how much he lie everyday... Everything he does, and say, even if it's unnecessary, he'll lie about it.  I just wanted to stay away from him. He doesnt know why I broke up with him. He doesnt know that I know. But I said, just to "stay away from me, I just cant make the relationship work". More lies came. Well, he never stops lying. I know this now because: he still think I have no clue on what he's doing; and me on the other had criticises every word he says because I know who he really is now.

I think he's not gonna give up that easily. But I;ve learned my lesson..

I guess you just dont know who to trust these days, just be more careful and believe even the unbelievable.

First | Prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | Next Page | Last Page