Message Boards

Topic : 12/31 Faking It?

Number of Replies: 234
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 14, 2007, 03:43:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/17/07) Secrets, aliases, disguises … Dr. Phil's guests are liars and cons who manipulate people to get what they want. Fred Brito is an ex-con and self-proclaimed "Benevolent Con Man," who spent years fabricating identities and falsifying resumes to obtain top-level, six-figure-salary positions with highly esteemed organizations. He's faked being everything from a symphony conductor to a psychiatrist! Fred even posed as a priest and married couples in the church. What happens when Maria and Gene, who were married by "Father Fred," confront him? Will he admit to his wrongdoing? Fred says he's no longer in the con game, but is "Honest Fred" just another scam? Then, "Linda" says she had everyone believing she was dying and needed a kidney transplant to save her life. She even lost 30 pounds and wore a dialysis tube to make her made-up illness seem more convincing. Is she serious about getting help and stopping the lies, or is she lying to get Dr. Phil's attention? What's at the root of Linda's deception? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 17, 2007, 1:51 am CDT

Liars

At first i thought the lady really wanted help to change her liing behavior but since she came on the show and changed her name than she is stiill trying to hide something.

September 17, 2007, 1:55 am CDT

Fred the liar

I think that Fred is using the Dr. Phil Show to promote his con behavior.

September 17, 2007, 5:47 am CDT

Sad, pathetic people

People who are truly happy and confident read like open books; they have nothing to hide. These people are truly sad and pathetic. I pity them.

Can you imagine waking up each day to a lie....a lie about who you are, where you came from, your education, etc? Sad, sad people.

They need prayers...and some of them obviously need jail time!

September 17, 2007, 5:50 am CDT

Take a second look in the mirror

Quote From: cbeaumont

In the 41 years I've been on this earth, this show would not be a surprise.  It is so frustrating knowing that there are people out there like this.

As a matter of fact most people I know are fake.  It's either because they cannot except who and what they really are or just because they want something from the person they are trying to fake out.

I usually call them  "Plastic People" and there are alot of them.

This show will be good for those that need to except themselves and realize just how fake they are to themselves as well.

I admit that I fake a few things, mainly minor stuff but I do except what I am and where I am and I love me.

How can you judge when you admit to doing the same thing, just on a "smaller scale." A lie is a lie. People who are happy and confident don't need to fake anything. Some of that comes with maturity, but much of it comes from our hearts.

And if "most people" you know are fake, you need new friends. I don't have the time to waste on fakers. I choose to surround myself with mature, confident, happy, HONEST people. There are MANY great people out there.

September 17, 2007, 5:53 am CDT

Are you kidding?

Quote From: marianparoo

I think in many cases, the folks who get conned aren't that innocent to start with.

Sometimes they are pitifully dumb, but sometimes, esp. in financial cons, are out to make an illegal buck themselves.

I

Wow. What compassion and empathy you possess:)

Sorry, but a victim is a victim is a victim. NOBODY has the right to con anybody.

Do you blame robbery victims as well, when they walk alone at night? Do you blame rape victims because they may be pretty, dress sexy and hang out in bars?

Cons pick on the truly innocent; they make the easiest and best victims. The more trusting and HONEST a person is, the easier s/he is to con.

Please look up the words "empathy" and "compassion." Thank you.

September 17, 2007, 6:52 am CDT

Hummm....

This wasn't a new show???!!!!

September 17, 2007, 7:18 am CDT

foreverblue

Quote From: foreverblue

Why did you let this man in your life a second time. I'm going through a divorce of a marriage that lasted 2 years and 8 months. I'm retired from the Air Force and get a VA Pension and Social Security.My soon to be EX is dragging our divorce out also.I filed for Bankruptcy on the 9th of Aug 07 and have a court date of 16 Oct 07 and the Judge when I appeared before her the first time strongly advised me to get a Lawyer.I have.The ends verses the means is the code of a con man or woman. Be carefull who you let your utmost secrects and pre-nups from what I've heard about are a set up for Divorce.You did the Correct thing by putting it in Gods Hands.God Bless you and know this do not let this man have any power over you.Once you place it in Gods Hands be patient and watch what God will do.
 I read your story and felt compelled to give you words of encouragement. I myself was deceived in life at the early age of 16. It lasted for 3 yrs but it is in my past. We can spend all our energy and life looking for all the reasons but it just comes down to the choices we make in life. Yes, the people who hurt us have a blame but we must take ours. We were not forced into these relationships we chose them and we chose badly. I had my first child at age 18, with no money, or family support, but I had God on my side even though I didn't realize it then. Read your Bible, pray with an open heart to God and you will find that peace that you need. Many of us claim we found God but our actions don't confirm that. When we truly find God He will give us rest and peace. It does not mean we will cease to suffer trials and tribulations but He will be with us every step of the way. My second child(who is now 28)is a Juvenile Diabetic with a seizure disorder. If it were not for Gods love and the peace he  gives me I would be a mess today. If only we would truly trust Him there would be a lot less need for mental institutions.God bless you and I will be praying for you. Give  Read 2Corinthians 8:9

September 17, 2007, 7:26 am CDT

A World of Con-Artists

The world is full of them.

I was an honor student who moved to the south as a child and was robbed of a diploma due to my 11th grade English teacher's retro-failure, and this after I was put in 12th grade English for half a year.

I went to work rather than summer school since my mother was raising 3 boys on minimum wage.

As grown teenagers we were made to feel like bums by grown-ups in our lives. I was also expelled from my religion for exposing a con-man who probably could even con Dr. Phil with his old sorcery methods.

In fact, I was sent to a psychiatrist due to him who diagnosed me in less than 1 minute as "paranoid-schizophrenic", yet Dr. Phil said he doesn't know if this guy on the show is a socio-path' because he hasn't diagnosed him? 

Give me a break!

In school, I never once cheated and calculators were not even allowed in class then, yet today upward of 70% use high-tech cheating methods to ace tests in college.

This guy is a nut, but I also think he should be pasted as wallpaper as the poster-child for the many common cheaters and liars who get what they want dishonestly in this world.

I just wonder what all these college students with degrees and cushy jobs think of him, now that they have gotten what THEY want "legitimately" speaking?

I also wonder how Dr.Phil can reconcile the legitimacy of professionalism with the cheaters of today, seeing that high-tech con artistry runs rampant, whereas people like me have never tried to con anyone, and have gotten nowhere in life except disenfranchised.

September 17, 2007, 7:29 am CDT

09/17 Faking It?

Quote From: flthomcat

Wow. What compassion and empathy you possess:)

Sorry, but a victim is a victim is a victim. NOBODY has the right to con anybody.

Do you blame robbery victims as well, when they walk alone at night? Do you blame rape victims because they may be pretty, dress sexy and hang out in bars?

Cons pick on the truly innocent; they make the easiest and best victims. The more trusting and HONEST a person is, the easier s/he is to con.

Please look up the words "empathy" and "compassion." Thank you.

I'M SO ANGRY AT THE AT THES PEOPLE THAT THINKS THEY CAN JUST WATZ INTO OUR LIVES AND TAKE EVERYTHING WE WORK FOR . THEY MARRY PEOPLE, TELL PEOPLE THEY ARE LOAN SHARKS, PROPERTY SELLER , THEY CHARM THEY WAY INTO OUR HEAVENS AND TAKE EVERYTHING  WE HAVE AND I MEANS EVERYTHING OUR SELF ESTIME OUR JOYS. THEY ARE THE MOST SELFISH THEIF I HAVE EVER SEEN AND THEY SHOULD'NT BE ALLOWED TO WALK THE OUR WORLD THEY SHOULD BE PUT IN JAIL UNDER LOCKING KEYS AND NEVER TO RETURN. I CAN WAIT TO SEE WHAT DR.PHIL IS GOING TO DO TO THIS AWFUL RAT ON MONDAY 17TH WHICH IS OUR ANNIVERSARY OF ONE YEAR TERRYE & SHIRLEY . GOD BLESS EVERYEONE

September 17, 2007, 7:34 am CDT

?Benevolent Con Man Re. "Conversations With God":

Has anyone checked with the true author of "Conversations With God"?  I checked it out, and he has quite a large web site, and mission.  Seems the true author has much to loose, and wouldn't want to be associated with Fred the Con Man!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last