Message Boards

Topic : 12/24 Nasty Neighbors

Number of Replies: 226
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 14, 2007, 03:46:30 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/19/07) Are you the kind of neighbor who loans a cup of sugar and always waves hello, or do you keep to yourself and call the cops the minute you hear loud music? Dr. Phil talks to guests who say they definitely don’t live in Mr. Roger’s neighborhood! Kerry says her next-door neighbor, Kevin, has been stalking and threatening her for four years. She says he vandalized her home and even tried to run her over, all because she refused to go on a date with him. Kevin denies Kerry’s allegations and says she threw eggs and dog feces at his house, shot a BB gun through his bathroom window and called his job making death threats. You won’t believe what he caught on videotape! And, Kerry’s other neighbors say she’s been terrorizing them for over 12 years. Fearing retaliation, they join Dr. Phil via satellite. Then, Misty says her neighbors, Donna and Larry, have a faulty, smelly septic tank that floods her property. Donna and Larry say the problem is not the water from their tank, but Misty’s uneven driveway. Who’s responsible for the dirty water in Misty’s driveway, and will their relationship stay afloat? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 26, 2007, 8:00 pm CST

Not much one can do

I watched this show with interest, because five years ago, a bunch of idiots moved next door, and I won't bore everyone with the details, but they made my life a living hell.  They, like this Kerry person, were a bunch of sociopaths, who always managed to stay within the letter of the law.  As for as Kerry constantly filing lawsuits, well lets thank our wonderful legal system for that.  In England and Canada, the "loser" pays, therefore if Kerry filed all the lawsuits over there, then she would have to pick up the costs for what the defendants paid out as well.  It does not cost much to file a lawsuit, that is why our court system is loaded with BS claims filed by nutcases like her.  The problem with people like her is that unless they commit some sort of violence, the police and the legal system really can't do nothing. There is no rationalizing with people like her, because you are dealing with someone who has a valid mental illness. Maybe the humiliating experience of getting chewed out by Dr. Phil even though she thought she was going on the show to "whip those neighbors" into shape was a wake up call to her, but I would not hold our collective breaths.  The best way to deal with a neighbor from hell is to move, unfortunately, this society gives people like them more rights than us.

December 26, 2007, 10:20 pm CST

Trust me your neighbors will suffer, perhaps not in the way you want to imagine.

Quote From: cingularchick

WE HAVE HAD AN EX NEIGHBOR THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A FREIND AND THEN THEY SNAPPED AND WE HAVE BEEN TO COURT AND ETC DUE TO THIS PERSON.  WE BOTH WERE TOLD TO LEAVE EACH OTER ALONE AND WE HAVE DONE SO BUT THIS PERSON JUST CAN'T DO WHAT THEY ARE TOLD AND WE KEEP HAVING CONSTANT VISITS FROM THE COPS WHICH JUST MORE LESS LAUGH AT THIS PERSON WHICH HAS LIED TO THEM AND SO FORTH.. BELIEVE ME WHEN YOU GET AROUND PEOPLE LIKE THIS THEY NEVER STOP AND THAT IS WHAT THE COPS HAVE TOLD US AND THEY HAVE TOLD US THAT EVERYTHING THIS PERSON IS DOING WILL CATCH UP WITH THEM AND THEY WILL END UP IN TROUBLE IN THE END BUT I HAVEN'T SEEN THAT YET....

Silvia Brown, World Re known Psychic; (Montel Show; frequent guest), has noticed the same bewilderment as I have and that is that more and more people on our planet are exhibiting what looks to be bipolar behavior and Dr. Phil's show, once again is basically a helping to prove that which I have been seeing since 9/11.

Interesting thought:  Could massive tragedies/war create the energy of hopelessness, despair and anger at home?

I believe that Dr. Phil's show topic, "Nasty Neighbors" is actually opening up that can of worms...war in the homeland...

Just look at all the responses of persons a having trouble with living with ones neighbors is much greater than those that don't.

I am one that don't have difficulties with my neighbors.  I actually believe that all one needs truly is one good neighbor and I have them.

The rest  of my neighbors, I don't know; perhaps due to the fact that I am hardly seen around my neighborhood , due to time constraints due and ones life too busy to sometimes be able to find the time to "stop and smell the roses."

Yet I know that there isn't anything that I wouldn't do for my for neighbors and I hope that they would also reciprocate with the same behavior back were either of us a needing emergency assistance...

Yet if they don't feel the same way as myself that life is a two way street...well that is okay as well.

I would just simply understand the fact that we are all different and what I feel is appropriate is perhaps not the same viewing in their way of perceiving things.

So to come to a balance point; if I see that my nonreciprocating neighbor are not grateful for my graciousness and don't feel a need to reciprocate, I will still help when needed, yet only again, in an emergency situation.

Case in point.  I don't ever recall having neighbors that didn't like me.  Maybe because to have a good neighbor, one should be a good neighbor.

How to handle the Nasties:

As I have already written in prior postings on this site, the best defense for these bipolar energy sappers is to leave them have their old nasty ways of being and don't get caught up in the mix of their draining ways.

Little do these chaos creators know that were they to place their faith, trust and belief on God's Altar, that same Light, Love and Peace of God  energy that they are a sapping from others with the mode of anger as the triggering mechanism ; could be obtained on their own and their self-destructive ways of doing harm to others  would no longer be necessary.

I have also grown to understand that by turning ones life over to Our Lord, there will still be times of a dab here and there of obstacles that seem like huge mountains that one is needing again to climb over...yet after the climb, one discovers the lessons contained within...and understand that it wasn't a punishment, yet only a directive so one doesn't have to go there anymore, unless of course they choose to.

What does Dr. Phil always say,? "choose the action, reap the reaction."  Or something like that, I am not good at quotes...I can only get close, for Dr. Phil always is a handing out lovingly, great advice...he is a hard man to adequately quote his quotes...for he is a man of many quotes that stop and make one exclaim, as Oprah would coin,  another 'AHA Moment."

Now as to you waiting for the bad to fall upon your neighbor.  I am sorry that I don't believe that this action is a good thing to do, for we shouldn't imagine harm becoming to another, only in the case of truly self-defense. 

For I believe that all negative energies sent another is actually sort of injuring the person you are a wishing ill happenings.

I also believe that "what comes around, does go around."  Sometimes bad things are a happening to ones neighbor and you aren't even aware of it...because no-one can see behind closed doors...perhaps there is unmarked illness or marital discord or children difficulties.

We have been given these words of comfort to trust in from The Bible; "vengeance is mine saith the Lord."

I believe whole heartily in these words, for I have seen lots of things surrounding my life, where such penance have been given those not playing by the rules of "good intent to others."  It really isn't pretty...yet that person again is able to see sometimes what action lead to the reaction they created/produced.

I also wrote before on this site that bipolar energy sappers, can't stop trying to ruffle your feathers...that is how they capture the energy of others...haven't you ever seen them smiling after the crap settles?  I have...

There is also another saying that comes to mind about the issue of just letting these energy sappers just be...it goes something like this, "who ever owns your anger, are in control of you." Think about it...okay?  You are the one a losing sleep, not them.

They got what they needed from you and now they are off and on to the next persons a wanting to play the victim.

So please take what you need and do leave the rest...

I will keep you in my prayers...

Love, Light and Peace

Tonie

December 27, 2007, 6:02 pm CST

Nasty Neighbors

I'm so happy that,of all the places I've lived, I've never had any problems with my neighbors.

Kerry certainly isn't dealing with a full deck. I am sorry that her neighbors have to live with her stupidity.

December 30, 2007, 9:11 am CST

I dated someone like Kari once....

My dating did not last long once I figured out what this person was about...  She was like Kari in so many ways that I thought I was looking right at her...  My dating only lasted a couple of weeks but her stalking me seems finally to have stopped after 14 years..  She read so many things into a person's behaviour that it was impossible for a normal person NOT to be offensive to her... She just looks and finds ways to be offended, making herself a victim, and then she retaliates and all NORMAL folks just can't immagine where all of the hallcinations come from....  I saw this up close and I ran ran ran away as fast as I could..  She sued other boyfriends after me, They put restraining orders on her and she retaliated..With restraining orders of her own and lawsuits...(All thrown out)..  People like this are sick sick sick...  Im glad Im not stuck in a house living next to her....  I send my prayers to all her neighbors..

December 31, 2007, 8:03 am CST

Can lead to a nightmare!

In Vernon Vermont about 3 years ago, a family was in a similar fued and over the years and the kids eventually became involved/targets of the contention. One night, a kid on this peaceful road in Vermont was driving by his neighbors house and the father of the house felt he was driving too fast. He got a baseball bat and went looking for the kid who had just driven by. The kids father saw what was happening and got into his truck too. One of the fathers was beaten with the baseball bat in front of his house and the other was shot dead. All because they couldnt talk to eachother and decide on ways to resolve issues and be examples to the upcoming generations.

Just one aweful example of how these petty fueds can really hurt a community.

April 30, 2008, 1:04 pm CDT

It's my baby too!

How terrible that a man can't even be given the chance to be a father. It is not a reasonable law, do they have laws like that for mothers? No it would be ridiculous to even consider such a law. He did not know of it, not even "her" lawyer even knew of the law being on the books! The mother of the child did nothing but try to get back at him for not wanting her. Women do that quite often! She and her family are nothing but liars, how terrible to subject a child to such horrible circumstances, just like Dr. Phil said, who is going to explain why she hasn't got to see her father for all of those years. Shame on the mother of that little girl, it will come back to haunt her sometime in the future!

First | Prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | Next Page | Last Page