Message Boards

Topic : 12/24 Nasty Neighbors

Number of Replies: 226
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 14, 2007, 03:46:30 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/19/07) Are you the kind of neighbor who loans a cup of sugar and always waves hello, or do you keep to yourself and call the cops the minute you hear loud music? Dr. Phil talks to guests who say they definitely don’t live in Mr. Roger’s neighborhood! Kerry says her next-door neighbor, Kevin, has been stalking and threatening her for four years. She says he vandalized her home and even tried to run her over, all because she refused to go on a date with him. Kevin denies Kerry’s allegations and says she threw eggs and dog feces at his house, shot a BB gun through his bathroom window and called his job making death threats. You won’t believe what he caught on videotape! And, Kerry’s other neighbors say she’s been terrorizing them for over 12 years. Fearing retaliation, they join Dr. Phil via satellite. Then, Misty says her neighbors, Donna and Larry, have a faulty, smelly septic tank that floods her property. Donna and Larry say the problem is not the water from their tank, but Misty’s uneven driveway. Who’s responsible for the dirty water in Misty’s driveway, and will their relationship stay afloat? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 19, 2007, 6:42 am CDT

GROW UP!

My kids act more grown up than these people.  She started it - No He did.  My kids know that don't work and if she is so unhappy there - she can MOVE.  It looks as if they never left the 3rd grade. Kerry appears to just be a bully and she wanted her moment of fame. She got it. Now she needs to grow up and move some place where they can't see the Dr. Phil show so she can start over. Now she's had her moment of fame - it will be hard to start over. Good Luck Kerry. Your gonna need it

September 19, 2007, 7:02 am CDT

What happened to real Traditional Americans ???

I don't usally post any on message boards, but when I seen this show it really made me want to speak out and ASK.  What are you people thinking here?  We live in a country that is rich in many ways and right now is in a mess. We have a war going on losing lives everyday, and homeless, uneducated, and many other unfortunes in our country right now and these people can't get along living right next door. Pretty sad I have to say. It's time we go back to the basics of life and use the golden rule many of us were taught when we were young. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto YOU."

And instead of feeding the court systems your money donate it to a good cause for the next generations coming up. Donate your time or money and be a good person for the younger people that set and watch us and what we do.  And if you find you can't get along with your neighbor stay to your self and let it roll off your back and go on about life!! Because it is way to short to tie it up in such saddness, when there is much more of it to live.

May God Bless you all and help you in your time of need to be a better person.

September 19, 2007, 7:40 am CDT

That Beyotch is crazy!

It's easy to say just take the high ground, Dr. Phil, but sometimes folks will push you over the edge!  And, sometimes you have to stand up to bullies or continue to be bullied.

How about some psych counseling for that crazy broad.  She even LOOKS crazy.  Clearly this has become a game for her, she's addicted to it and can't stop!

I love my neighbors!

September 19, 2007, 7:47 am CDT

09/19 Nasty Neighbors

Quote From: bonsterlee

Ok well were to begin. The neighborhood that I live in is a culdsac of 200,000 to 300,000 dollar homes. would look at first glance a very respectible neighborhood. Myself, husband and 7 yr old son have resided in this neighborhood for 8 years. Everything was wonderful for about 5 years until the neighbors next door moved in. I was their welcome wagon. I introduced them to others in the neighborhood. Shortly after these peolpe moved in, the women living there with her boyfriend and HER son from another marriage WE were all very friendly for awhile. She was diagnosed with lymphoma. she went through kemo and was alweays very tired and sick. I would make extra dinner all the time and feed her and her son because her boyfriend would not help her. My son at the time was not old enough for school yet but I was kind enough to get up everyday at 6:30 a.m. to put her son on the bus. as well as babysit for her son almost everyday  because her boyfriend would not help her. Ok other nighbors that have been almost family to us since we have been here tryed to start a business from their home. It is a residenal area so that is not allowed. These new people that moved in all of the sudden were calling themselves the captains of the neighborhood association. THERE IS NO ASSOCIATION!! Becauce I refused to go against these particular neighbors and rally against them for starting a business. These people next to me have been ruthless eversince. For instance. There has been many confrontations between myself and this women. all resulting is a screaming match because she always has to have the last word. I was falsly accused last year of abusing my animals and That I run around my yard topless. WEll these people have a way of getting other neighbors to take thier side and go right along with whatever they want. These people had a 90 year old women lie and say I abuse our animals and that I run around topless, Needless to say I was arrested on my sons 6th birthday. I was dragged through court and after 6 months the judge realized It was a load of bull and dropped any and all charges. WEll that has now made things worse. I work for a school. she called my job and said all kinds of very bad but untrue things about me  I had to be dragged in front of the school board and prove to them I wanst the crazy person she was making me out to be. I almost lost my job. She called news reporters because my father in law was at the time the town supervisor and she was screaming favortism. even though I was suquestered to another town for court becasur of who my father inlaw was. So now I was getting phone calls from new reporters trying to say that was being treated differently in which I WAS NOT. AS well as Radio stations. I heard the brodcast on the radio one day. About a women that was allowed to beat her animals and walk around topless but becasue my family were politicians I was gewtting away with it. Everytime she wals by my house she will walk as close to my property to get my 2 little mini 15 lb dachunds to bark. She says she is so scared of them and calls the dog officer on my dogs everytime they make a peep. Mind you people she is antagoinzing them . Recently these neighbors but up a 9 feet 3/4 inch stockade fence seperating our properties. 10 feet  is considered a spite fence. they wouldve been make to lower is but they kept it just under 10 feet. of course the crappy side of the fence is facing us and that is unfortunalty not a law in this town either. There is a chainlink fence seperating our properties. They at first attached this stockade fence to my chainlink. I then had to hire a surveryor and a lawyer to get their fence off of mine and move it onto their own property. They put this fence back up to within 1 inch of the line. thinking that they can come into my yard whenever the want to maintain it. WEll that is just not possible. We are trying to add an addition to our garage and we have taken every proper step to cross every t and dot every I before we do anything. WEll these people campaigined the neighborhood against us and lied and said I was starting a business from home. So the majority of the neighborhood went to the zoning meeting for this. well the situation became so hostile that the zoning board walked off the panel. so we still have no descision. These people have also walked around the neighborhood and said some pretty rotten things about myself and my family. I dont exactly no what was said becasue now everyone that used to wave and say hello now look the other way or flip us the middle finger. for no reason. NOT ONE PERSON has had the decency to approach myslef or my husband to inquire about anything these people have told them. Over the summer If myself or my family tryed to enjoy our pool, these people would crank up the music as loud as possible but the have an enclosed glass window porch nad would only open the windows facing our side. SHE BURPS< FARTS CLAPS HER HANDS AND SCREAMS LIKE A WITCH all the time as soon as she sees me outside. There is no noise ordinance in this town either. I am not even able to make it out my door everysingle day and  she is calling me a FU---NG C--T or fipiing me the bird every chance she can get This women is slick, she makes sure no one is around to see her doing these things. I have called  the police many many many times but they insigate the problem more then they help. I actually got the local sherriffs dept in a bit of trouble last year becasue I wrote to the governer and explaind the situation to him and said that the police did not help one bit. They would come over and laugh at me. Not much came of it though. I have had property vandalized. My good name and reputation dragged through the mud. I could go on forever and ever here. I now am on an anti anxiety medication. I have even requested neighborhood mediation but they have refused. This women wants to get into a fight with me every day but I do everythin I can to avoid her. I have a very influential child to bring up. I want to instill good qualities in him. I have tryed everything from Harrassment charges, to slander to vandalism. but somehow someway these people turn things around to make themselves look like the victims and WE are the bad guys. Havent people ever heard there are two sides to every story. Why are they taking everything these people say as truth?? Becasue they are all scared of them. They see what the have done to us as well as a few othe nieghbors and they dont want the trouble so they go along with whatever they want. Currently My husband and I are seeking a new home to live in, This time we really want seclusion and privacy.. This was our first home we have put our blood sweat and tears into this home. WE are more than willing to let it all go just to get away from these people. It is a real shame. WE were here first and we have never done anything bad to any of these people around here. But nicknames people have branded us with is that I am a witch and my husband is the devil!! I just wish that someday soon all of this will come back and bite all these peolpe in the butt!! I feel terrible for the new people that are going to be living in my home. They are moving next to THe WITCH AND THE DEVIL if its going to be the right way. Seriously though if anybody knows of a legal way to handle this please let me know!!  ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! AND WE NEED TO LEAVE OUR HOME NOW BECAUSE OF WHAT THE PEOPLE HAVE DONE TO US. wE WENT FROM VERY OUTGOING AND FRIENDLY. TO LITTERLY DESPISING THE HUMAN RACE!!
damn that was long!

September 19, 2007, 7:56 am CDT

Nasty Neighbor

I have a neighbor just like Kerry only worse. I have been verbally abused and threatened with physical violence. I have called the police on this guy about 20 or so times. This guy has been arrested numerous times for domestic violence, is a convicted felon and has had the police called on him by some of the other neighbors. The previous owners had the same problems with this guy. He told thepolice that there wasn't any problems until I moved in. I get along with the rest of the neighbors.

The last time the police were here, were not going to write a report. I asked the officer how many times I had to call them before they do anything. The officer finally wrote a report and also made the comment that he was afraid someone was going to get hurt before it was all said and done.

I didn't want to do this, I bought a firearm for personnal protection. I let a couple of neighbors know this and somehow my "violent" neighbor found out about it and it has been rather quiet in the neighborhood now. I live in Georgia and the Governor signed into law the "Shoot first ask questions later law" which basically says that I have a right to protect my property and my life if threatened. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Why people like that have to be so hateful I do not understand. All I want is to live a quiet and peaceful life

September 19, 2007, 7:59 am CDT

Nasty neighbors.

Dr. Phil just said it.....'life is too short'.  We've all had the nasty neighbor syndrome I'm sure but Doc is right, life is too short.  In my opinion and that's all it is......an opinion....these are some unhappy people.  Grow up and act like adults.  Behavior like this affects everyone's future.....it teaches our leaders of tomorrow to behave like idiots.....our leaders of tomorrow being our children. 

I know Dr. Phil needs material for his show but this show was not one of my favorites.

We live in a great country and it's too bad we just can't all get along.  There are more important things going on in our country today to have to visit the Dr. Phil Show raggin on our nasty neighbors. 

September 19, 2007, 8:04 am CDT

09/19 Nasty Neighbors

Quote From: bonsterlee

Ok well were to begin. The neighborhood that I live in is a culdsac of 200,000 to 300,000 dollar homes. would look at first glance a very respectible neighborhood. Myself, husband and 7 yr old son have resided in this neighborhood for 8 years. Everything was wonderful for about 5 years until the neighbors next door moved in. I was their welcome wagon. I introduced them to others in the neighborhood. Shortly after these peolpe moved in, the women living there with her boyfriend and HER son from another marriage WE were all very friendly for awhile. She was diagnosed with lymphoma. she went through kemo and was alweays very tired and sick. I would make extra dinner all the time and feed her and her son because her boyfriend would not help her. My son at the time was not old enough for school yet but I was kind enough to get up everyday at 6:30 a.m. to put her son on the bus. as well as babysit for her son almost everyday  because her boyfriend would not help her. Ok other nighbors that have been almost family to us since we have been here tryed to start a business from their home. It is a residenal area so that is not allowed. These new people that moved in all of the sudden were calling themselves the captains of the neighborhood association. THERE IS NO ASSOCIATION!! Becauce I refused to go against these particular neighbors and rally against them for starting a business. These people next to me have been ruthless eversince. For instance. There has been many confrontations between myself and this women. all resulting is a screaming match because she always has to have the last word. I was falsly accused last year of abusing my animals and That I run around my yard topless. WEll these people have a way of getting other neighbors to take thier side and go right along with whatever they want. These people had a 90 year old women lie and say I abuse our animals and that I run around topless, Needless to say I was arrested on my sons 6th birthday. I was dragged through court and after 6 months the judge realized It was a load of bull and dropped any and all charges. WEll that has now made things worse. I work for a school. she called my job and said all kinds of very bad but untrue things about me  I had to be dragged in front of the school board and prove to them I wanst the crazy person she was making me out to be. I almost lost my job. She called news reporters because my father in law was at the time the town supervisor and she was screaming favortism. even though I was suquestered to another town for court becasur of who my father inlaw was. So now I was getting phone calls from new reporters trying to say that was being treated differently in which I WAS NOT. AS well as Radio stations. I heard the brodcast on the radio one day. About a women that was allowed to beat her animals and walk around topless but becasue my family were politicians I was gewtting away with it. Everytime she wals by my house she will walk as close to my property to get my 2 little mini 15 lb dachunds to bark. She says she is so scared of them and calls the dog officer on my dogs everytime they make a peep. Mind you people she is antagoinzing them . Recently these neighbors but up a 9 feet 3/4 inch stockade fence seperating our properties. 10 feet  is considered a spite fence. they wouldve been make to lower is but they kept it just under 10 feet. of course the crappy side of the fence is facing us and that is unfortunalty not a law in this town either. There is a chainlink fence seperating our properties. They at first attached this stockade fence to my chainlink. I then had to hire a surveryor and a lawyer to get their fence off of mine and move it onto their own property. They put this fence back up to within 1 inch of the line. thinking that they can come into my yard whenever the want to maintain it. WEll that is just not possible. We are trying to add an addition to our garage and we have taken every proper step to cross every t and dot every I before we do anything. WEll these people campaigined the neighborhood against us and lied and said I was starting a business from home. So the majority of the neighborhood went to the zoning meeting for this. well the situation became so hostile that the zoning board walked off the panel. so we still have no descision. These people have also walked around the neighborhood and said some pretty rotten things about myself and my family. I dont exactly no what was said becasue now everyone that used to wave and say hello now look the other way or flip us the middle finger. for no reason. NOT ONE PERSON has had the decency to approach myslef or my husband to inquire about anything these people have told them. Over the summer If myself or my family tryed to enjoy our pool, these people would crank up the music as loud as possible but the have an enclosed glass window porch nad would only open the windows facing our side. SHE BURPS< FARTS CLAPS HER HANDS AND SCREAMS LIKE A WITCH all the time as soon as she sees me outside. There is no noise ordinance in this town either. I am not even able to make it out my door everysingle day and  she is calling me a FU---NG C--T or fipiing me the bird every chance she can get This women is slick, she makes sure no one is around to see her doing these things. I have called  the police many many many times but they insigate the problem more then they help. I actually got the local sherriffs dept in a bit of trouble last year becasue I wrote to the governer and explaind the situation to him and said that the police did not help one bit. They would come over and laugh at me. Not much came of it though. I have had property vandalized. My good name and reputation dragged through the mud. I could go on forever and ever here. I now am on an anti anxiety medication. I have even requested neighborhood mediation but they have refused. This women wants to get into a fight with me every day but I do everythin I can to avoid her. I have a very influential child to bring up. I want to instill good qualities in him. I have tryed everything from Harrassment charges, to slander to vandalism. but somehow someway these people turn things around to make themselves look like the victims and WE are the bad guys. Havent people ever heard there are two sides to every story. Why are they taking everything these people say as truth?? Becasue they are all scared of them. They see what the have done to us as well as a few othe nieghbors and they dont want the trouble so they go along with whatever they want. Currently My husband and I are seeking a new home to live in, This time we really want seclusion and privacy.. This was our first home we have put our blood sweat and tears into this home. WE are more than willing to let it all go just to get away from these people. It is a real shame. WE were here first and we have never done anything bad to any of these people around here. But nicknames people have branded us with is that I am a witch and my husband is the devil!! I just wish that someday soon all of this will come back and bite all these peolpe in the butt!! I feel terrible for the new people that are going to be living in my home. They are moving next to THe WITCH AND THE DEVIL if its going to be the right way. Seriously though if anybody knows of a legal way to handle this please let me know!!  ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! AND WE NEED TO LEAVE OUR HOME NOW BECAUSE OF WHAT THE PEOPLE HAVE DONE TO US. wE WENT FROM VERY OUTGOING AND FRIENDLY. TO LITTERLY DESPISING THE HUMAN RACE!!
I have had a similar circumstance. I posted further on down. I used to be real friendly also and now I find most of the human race rather disgusting.

September 19, 2007, 8:46 am CDT

Thank God for Good Neighbors !

WOW! This is truly amazing to me that there is so much animosity between neighbors. I find these responses to be mind boggling to say the least, and the show itself was just as upsetting to see humans react to one another this way.

Obviously, I think that we've all experienced some type of differences with people in general. However, how does it get to the point of such pettiness? I mean come on now, we all know that there's a certain level of respect for others. You don't do unto others as you would not have done to yourself...isn't that the Golden Rule? Isn't that what promotes peace and harmony, not only within, but around yourself too?

My neighborhood isn't perfect, however, we don't have the problems in which have been displayed here. We even had an unfortunate death of a child next door, just a freak accident, but the death of a young precious life all the same. The child was also a resident here from only a couple doors down. A playmate of my daughter's, and 'best bud' to her. These neighbor's are related, and unfortunately it ended in a law suit. Now, without doubt this created a great disturbance in the neighborhood, but I never witnessed these two families resorting to such ill manners that have been portrayed here today. I think people get so caught up in every day stresses that they forget what's really important in life, and what's truly a battle to put their energy into. I can understand about a septic failure completely, and agree that matter is one to address. On the other hand, to watch that lady going around town gossiping and showing pride in it? That's childish. Ok, so maybe no one is comfortable with sex offenders. On one hand, there is a difference between sex offenders and child molestors. Secondly, if they're sex offenders, they must register...at least you know where they are. What about all the ones that haven't been caught yet? It's just good parenting to monitor your childs where abouts as well as your own.

September 19, 2007, 9:38 am CDT

THIS STUFF NEVER ENDS

WE HAVE HAD AN EX NEIGHBOR THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A FREIND AND THEN THEY SNAPPED AND WE HAVE BEEN TO COURT AND ETC DUE TO THIS PERSON.  WE BOTH WERE TOLD TO LEAVE EACH OTER ALONE AND WE HAVE DONE SO BUT THIS PERSON JUST CAN'T DO WHAT THEY ARE TOLD AND WE KEEP HAVING CONSTANT VISITS FROM THE COPS WHICH JUST MORE LESS LAUGH AT THIS PERSON WHICH HAS LIED TO THEM AND SO FORTH.. BELIEVE ME WHEN YOU GET AROUND PEOPLE LIKE THIS THEY NEVER STOP AND THAT IS WHAT THE COPS HAVE TOLD US AND THEY HAVE TOLD US THAT EVERYTHING THIS PERSON IS DOING WILL CATCH UP WITH THEM AND THEY WILL END UP IN TROUBLE IN THE END BUT I HAVEN'T SEEN THAT YET....

September 19, 2007, 10:35 am CDT

Territory & power

I too have a nutso neighbor.  He wasn't always that way until there was a boundary dispute with his next door neighbor (who is only there on weekends).  Surveyors were called in and that was settled.  He was wrong and the neighbor was right.  Then, God forbid, trees were growing and just might cross his property line so he put up a fence so he could cut them down if they crossed the line.  Well, the fence had to be moved (zoning) to 2' from the line.  He can't mow his 2' so he put down Round Up and then plastic to kill the 2' of his grass.  Now the fence, the ground, etc. look really sloppy plus all the work in building the fence, etc.  He's also building a fence for the rear of his property (it's a downhill slope that belongs to the neighbor).  I keep thinking it can't get any more stupid and then something new comes up.  Now, he's not talking to me because I'm friends with the other neighbor.  I thought he was going to have a stroke when he was screaming at me about the other neighbor so it's just as well he is now keeping his ugly four letter words to himself.  In conclusion, most, if not all wars have to do with territory and power.  Your guests today certainly have that in common plus arrogance and stupidity.  Life is way too short to live with such petty crap.  How can I wonder why countries can't get along when we still haven't learned how to treat our neighbors.  Dr. Phil - How do you stand it?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last