Message Boards

Topic : 09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Number of Replies: 105
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 21, 2007, 12:14:13 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Is everything in your life feeling predictable and humdrum? Are you lacking excitement in your job or in your marriage? Well, Bishop T.D. Jakes, author of Reposition Yourself: Living Life Without Limits, says you have the power to create the life you want! Bishop Jakes has one of the fastest-growing mega churches in Dallas. He’s a moviemaker, playwright, Grammy winner, best-selling author, and a person who inspires Dr. Phil. Get to know Bishop Jakes as he and Dr. Phil speak with guests who are ready to reposition their lives. First up are Kelly and Bobby, who are on the verge of divorce. Kelly wants out of her marriage because she says Bobby is not providing for the family, and they’ve acquired a huge amount of debt. Is divorce the answer? Next, Hunter says he’s the most negative man on the planet, and he’s been mad for 10 years! How can he escape his rut? Then, if you own a gun and keep it in your home, Tiffany has a powerful message you don’t want to miss. Can sharing her tragic story save her from the guilt and self-blame she feels? Talk about the show here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 14, 2007, 5:57 pm CST

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Quote From: now_i_see

You have got to be kidding me?  TD Jakes is a PATHETIC excuse for a preacher of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Jakes is so busy plugging his humanistic "reposition yourself" nonsense that he completely makes a mockery of calling himself a man of God.  Furthermore, it's disappointing Dr. Phil is so enamored with this guy that is leading millions of people to eternal condemnation.   This woman who's child shot himself was self admittedly  having a "chrisis of faith"... this was an engraved invitation to tallk about God, but instead, the only nonsense that came out of TD Jakes' mouth was pop-psych trash.  Not once did he utter the words "FAITH" or "GOD" or "PRAYER" or "GRACE" or "MERCY" let alone profess the only hope any of us has and is our relationship with God the father through Jesus Christ the Son.  What kind of a "teacher of the Gospel" is that??  What a beautiful opportunity to preach the Gospel and actually have God heal MILLIONS of viewers and instead he wasted it because he is more absorbed with and enamored with his own wisdom and fame instead of the glorious almighty God.   Listen up TD Jakes and Dr. Phil.  The only "repositioning oneself" that will do any good at all is when we as humans reposition ourselves with respect to God and put HIM in the middle of our lives instead of following our petty pleasures and desires and then depending on humanistic, flawed wisdom to get us out of the hole we've dug for ourselves.   Everyone on Dr. Phil has the same basic problem.  They are self absorbed in SIN and they can not see the wreckage and damage it does ot ourselves, eachother and ultimately God.  This include Mr. Jakes, because he has forgotten (or never really knew) who is in charge.   People don't need pop pyche... they need a SAVIOR.   In His hands,   Now-I-See
AMEN!!!  He didn't mention one time about Jesus and His dying on Calvary for us to live with him for eternity.  What Gospel is he a ministe of?  Oh, I know, I know...."The Gospel According toT.D.Jakes!"  Another false prophet right up there with Joel Osteen, Paula White, Creflo Dollar, Joyce Meyer and the lot!  Where are the real men of God, like Billy Graham,Chuck Swindoll, Charles Stanley, and he list goes on.

November 17, 2007, 12:10 pm CST

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Quote From: hatdpro

AMEN!!!  He didn't mention one time about Jesus and His dying on Calvary for us to live with him for eternity.  What Gospel is he a ministe of?  Oh, I know, I know...."The Gospel According toT.D.Jakes!"  Another false prophet right up there with Joel Osteen, Paula White, Creflo Dollar, Joyce Meyer and the lot!  Where are the real men of God, like Billy Graham,Chuck Swindoll, Charles Stanley, and he list goes on.

Sometimes the loudest witness of Jesus Christ is your life style.  Now there are 30 THOUSAND people that he has won to Christ that meet in Dallas, TX every week.  Not to mention the MILLIONS around the world that he talks about Jesus to EVERY DAY on TV...So honestly, just cause he did not verbally say the name of Jesus this ONE time...maybe you should look at the effectiveness of his ministry and the effectiveness of yours....I bet you will find he is much more effective...  Get into your word... It might help you condeming attitude...

December 7, 2007, 1:05 am CST

Thank You to Tiffany

I know it's been a while since this show aired, but I am watching it right now...finally catching up on episodes!

My husband is a deputy, and unfortunately, guns are part of our life. We are about to celebrate our only child's first birthday, and while we have discussed how we will secure them in the past, we have yet to really place them in a childproof location. This will be my number one goal. Placing them somewhere that makes my husband feel comfortable while ensuring that our child or any other that is in our house will never be able to access them is critical. I want to thank Tiffany for sharing her painful story to remind me of how important this is.

My heart goes out to her and her family, and please let her know that their story has been heard.

Thank you -

March 15, 2008, 12:01 pm CDT

Lost without Hope

I can't wait to see the show. I need help and don't know where to turn or how to begin. I read a copy of T.D. Jakes "let it go" almost every day. I feel too weak and so alone. Thank you for this show.

April 17, 2008, 3:48 am CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

First | Prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next Page | Last Page