Message Boards

Topic : 09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Number of Replies: 105
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 21, 2007, 12:14:13 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Is everything in your life feeling predictable and humdrum? Are you lacking excitement in your job or in your marriage? Well, Bishop T.D. Jakes, author of Reposition Yourself: Living Life Without Limits, says you have the power to create the life you want! Bishop Jakes has one of the fastest-growing mega churches in Dallas. He’s a moviemaker, playwright, Grammy winner, best-selling author, and a person who inspires Dr. Phil. Get to know Bishop Jakes as he and Dr. Phil speak with guests who are ready to reposition their lives. First up are Kelly and Bobby, who are on the verge of divorce. Kelly wants out of her marriage because she says Bobby is not providing for the family, and they’ve acquired a huge amount of debt. Is divorce the answer? Next, Hunter says he’s the most negative man on the planet, and he’s been mad for 10 years! How can he escape his rut? Then, if you own a gun and keep it in your home, Tiffany has a powerful message you don’t want to miss. Can sharing her tragic story save her from the guilt and self-blame she feels? Talk about the show here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 22, 2007, 2:09 pm CDT

Dr Phil & TD Jakes - Together - Fantastic!

Thank you Dr Phil.  You (& Robin) already inspire me to be the best me I can be.  Teaming up with Pastor TD Jakes will inject so much power into what you have to say.  Thank you for using Television to better my world instead of dragging me down like so many other shows can do.  You are an inspiratation and a true light shining in the darkness.  I live in 'the bush' in Australia with my gorgeous hardworking husband, three beautiful daughters and a very special foster-daughter.  We have been living in a severe drought ever since we were married 9 years ago.  The stress in my life often overwhelmes me, but your show helps me to be strong and to have a good attitude.  I am then better equipped to love my family the way I should.  Thanks again.  (Oh, and we have many guns - handguns and longarms in the house.  My husband is a sporting shooter and Australia has some of the deadliest snakes in the world, which happen to visit my backyard at times.  All of our guns are locked in steel safes that are attached to the floor.  All the ammunition is kept separately.  In my opinion, ownership of guns is fine as long as all the safety precautions are taken and children are taught great respect for the weapons.)

September 22, 2007, 2:40 pm CDT

Is divorce the answer

Bobby and Kelly should have explored all avenues.  Why did it take so long for Hunter to seek help?  I wouldn't own a gun and if I did i would explore all avenues of safety, handling and storage before obtaining one.  I'm looking forward to seeing this show with T.D. Jakes to see how you guys solve these problems.

September 22, 2007, 8:35 pm CDT

Can't wait

I love T.D Jakes. I have several of his books and watch his television programs. He is truely a man of God and thank you Dr. Phil for hearing God and placing Bishop in a different type of forum to reach more people. I am looking forward to this show and will send emails to friends and family to tune in...

September 23, 2007, 2:28 am CDT

TD Jakes and Dr. Phil

Dear Dr. Phil and TD Jakes:

All I can say is WOW, Wow, and More Wow...  Dr. Phil I never miss your show, and Bishop I never miss your show either, This is just going to be a great big bonus, Both of you on the same show, I am here in Canada, giving my Hallalujah, and can't wait to see it, I wish I could be there...  One question...???

If this ever happens again, and Michael W. Smith comes too, Dr. Phil,  I know you make things happen, between you and I, lets make this happen, that i could come and talk to you guys... I need to an emotional healing, in the worst way.   God Bless You,  and I am going to work on a Passport... 

Cape Breton Lady, 

September 23, 2007, 5:22 am CDT

angry for nothing

I was angry for a long time. I came home from work one night and found my husban and 16 year old daughter in bed. I thought I would never get over this, but one day I was talking to God and he told me what about you. I thought what about me God I have never done anything that bad. And he told me have you been in sin? Have you not turned your back on me time and time again? I said yes Lord I have. Well he said have I not forgivin you? Am I still angry with you? Remember the women who was caught in the act of adultry. What did Jesus say? You with out sin cast the first stone. I had to let the anger go and forgive right there, because I was so gratefull to God for his love and forgiveness to me. He just let me know that I was not hurting anyone but me, and he forgave so I could forgive and let the anger go. Praise God for lifting the burden.

September 23, 2007, 7:58 am CDT

Monday's Show

Love Bishop T. D. Jakes and of course you Dr. Phil.  I'm looking forward to your show.  I have purchased Bishop Jakes Book, but have not had the time yet to sit down and read it.  I am very interesting in hearing the spiritual advise the both of you will have for Kelley and her husband.  As Kelley, I am also facing a divorce after 14 years it's only because of no commitment in the marriage.  Overtime feelings of loneliness, indifference and isolation has came between us.  Therefore our love has grew cold and now barriers has been raised.  Counseling we've had it.  I'm just looking foward to the show.  I believe my marriage is hopeful, but just don't know what to do and I'm thinking "D" is the answer.

September 23, 2007, 2:34 pm CDT

women not working to;

Quote From: sournsweet

How sad that women are choosing to leave it up their partners to earn a living.  Don't people realize that it now takes two to support a family.  Also, in today's world, it is a detriment for woman to not have outside work experience for if she suddenly finds herself on her own, then she has the struggle to find a job and even more of a detriment with no work experience behind her.  It also costs more today and even more so in raising a family.  It should be a combined effort and not left to one person to carry the stress of meeting the financial needs of a family.
i have been married twice,the first time i did work of and on at different jobs,then i decided to stay home with my 5 boys,when i got divorced my kids were older, then i was working again,but now i am married again i am getting some health problems and unable to hold a job now, i wish i could work again, so not all women can work ,they take care of the children who does need a full time parent ,i can also understand a single parent working too,but when there is two parents the woman should have the option of working or not.

September 24, 2007, 4:23 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Wow, Bishop Jakes was really a pleasant surpise. He is "almost" as smart as Dr Phil.

September 24, 2007, 4:29 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Tiffany, my heart goes out to you and your family. I lost my daughter 4 years ago. No one knows what this is like until you have experienced it. Everything you said on the show, I have also felt. The first thing you must do is not to blame yourself. When you're time is up there is nothing you can do to stop it. I have gone to 2 different doctors for therapy and help. My last doctor gave me some very good advice. She told me it is ok for me to tell Amanda to go to God. When she first told me this I thought she was crazy. When I went home I gave this much thought. After a day or two I said to Amanda: You need to go to God and be happy. You will never be at peace if I dont release you. You will be without pain. I will continue to live and think about you knowing you are now with God and He will take care of you. It was like the weight of the world was removed from my shoulders. I still miss Amanda and always will. I know she is at a better place and I will see her again one day.

September 24, 2007, 4:57 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

OMG my heart is just breaking for this lady. I pray that she is able to find some peace and pray that she finds the strength to go on and be a good mom to her other children. What a truly heartbreaking situation. God bless you and your family Tiffany.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last