Message Boards

Topic : 09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Number of Replies: 105
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 21, 2007, 12:14:13 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Is everything in your life feeling predictable and humdrum? Are you lacking excitement in your job or in your marriage? Well, Bishop T.D. Jakes, author of Reposition Yourself: Living Life Without Limits, says you have the power to create the life you want! Bishop Jakes has one of the fastest-growing mega churches in Dallas. He’s a moviemaker, playwright, Grammy winner, best-selling author, and a person who inspires Dr. Phil. Get to know Bishop Jakes as he and Dr. Phil speak with guests who are ready to reposition their lives. First up are Kelly and Bobby, who are on the verge of divorce. Kelly wants out of her marriage because she says Bobby is not providing for the family, and they’ve acquired a huge amount of debt. Is divorce the answer? Next, Hunter says he’s the most negative man on the planet, and he’s been mad for 10 years! How can he escape his rut? Then, if you own a gun and keep it in your home, Tiffany has a powerful message you don’t want to miss. Can sharing her tragic story save her from the guilt and self-blame she feels? Talk about the show here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 24, 2007, 8:13 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Tiffiny, you spoke so bravely from your heart, and your message to warn people about the dangers of handguns in the home came through loud and clear. My prayers are with your family. May you heal and love one another through this horrible time. More important, your message was strong and sure.

September 24, 2007, 8:18 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Tiffany, I'm not a mother, so I realize that I can't begin to comprehend the depth of your grief, but I know somene who does know what it's like to lose a child. Just before Christmas 1989, my brother's 17 year old friend David lost control of his car on an icy road. He was badly injured and his 13 year old brother Steve was killed instantly. At the funeral I and many others asked God to let some good come out of Steve's death. Thirteen years later, Steve's mother, Jean Werth, published a book - There's Someone In Your Kingdom, Lord - in which she lovingly tells about her family's struggle to deal with their grief, as well as insights from other parents who have lost children in death. The book is written from a Christian perspective, which in the show you seemed to indicate was the faith that you also share. It can be ordered from bookstores. I found my copy of this book this past weekend while packing up books so I could paint my living room. I decided I would donate it to my church library - it wasn't doing any good collecting dust on my shelves. When I got to church I found out that the grandson of my church's youth minister had been killed in an auto accident a couple of days ago. I knew then who God wanted me to give this book to. Steve's death was tragic, but nearly 18 years later, God is answering our prayers to bring good out of the Werth family's pain as another family finds comfort. I pray that you find comfort from this book and the support of others in your life and that you also someday see the good that God can bring out of your deepest pain. Thank you for sharing your story today.

September 24, 2007, 8:19 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

My heart just broke for Tiffany and her family. I could just feel her pain as she was speaking. I'm so sorry. Your baby boy is with God, what a great place to be. I can't imagine a loss of a child. Please don't let this destroy your life, your husband and your other two babies need you, and you need them.

September 24, 2007, 8:21 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Great show! Tiffiny, I was so impressed with you as a person. To speak so openly and frankly says a lot about your character and the love your family shares. My prayers are with you, and your message of warning was so strong and a good one. To the negative guy.....try not expressing that anger. Nobody really wants to hear the complaints, anyway. So try living with your own thoughts yourself. My guess is that you'll more quickly decide to change your attitude when nobody is listening at all except yourself. :) To the wife.....counseling won't hurt. You'll probably end up knowing he doesn't really have the ability to change. But then, you'll know for sure.

September 24, 2007, 8:21 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Great show! Tiffiny, I was so impressed with you as a person. To speak so openly and frankly says a lot about your character and the love your family shares. My prayers are with you, and your message of warning was so strong and a good one. To the negative guy.....try not expressing that anger. Nobody really wants to hear the complaints, anyway. So try living with your own thoughts yourself. My guess is that you'll more quickly decide to change your attitude when nobody is listening at all except yourself. :) To the wife.....counseling won't hurt. You'll probably end up knowing he doesn't really have the ability to change. But then, you'll know for sure.

September 24, 2007, 8:59 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

First and foremost, my thoughts and prayers go out to Tiffany and her family. I applaud her courage in coming forward and hope that she will find some peace in sharing her story with others. As for the lady who expects her husband to support her -- this is 2007 -- get a clue! I make more than my husband (wasn't always the case, but it's easier for me to find a job than it is for him). My husband works hard (he's an apprentice electrician) and earns all of $10/hour. And she isn't supporting her family -- I heard her say her "disability" supported the family. I presume that means that I'm supporting her family as my taxes and social security go to fund her disability payments. I don't feel sorry for her in the least---and I think she's just looking for an excuse. Marriage is a partnership -- and granted her husband hasn't been a partner--but then neither has she. (By the way, I have fibromyalgia, degenerative disk disease, 2 ruptured disks, and arthritis and I go to work every day. It's what I have to do. And I don't resent my husband because he's not making enough money for me to stay home. Our marriage is a partnership.)

September 24, 2007, 9:08 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Tiffany, Your story broke my heart. I sobbed. I hope everyone pays attention. You and your family are in my prayers.

September 24, 2007, 9:16 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

I received an email last week from TDJ Ministries stating that Bishop Jakes would be on Dr. Phil today and you should have seen the excitement I felt to know that my two favorite men in the world would be together. I just couldn't wait to watch the show today! It just so happens to be my fiance' birthday today also. I had already purchased Bishop Jakes book, "Reposition Yourself" a few months ago, so I knew today's show on Dr. Phil would be something special. When the young couple came on speaking about the lost of their son and how it happened, my heart sank into my stomach and the tears began to fall. Fortunately I haven't had to experience the lost of a child but I do know the feeling of blaming yourself for the lost of someone's life, because of a gun in the home. My teenage daughter gave birth to a baby boy in late March and had plans on marrying the father of the child. The father of the baby had a gun in his home and I had ask him several times to get rid of it because I was afraid of an accident occuring around the baby. You just never know, as this mother found out in the worst way possible. I have been struggling with a situtation were I wanted to just take the gun away from my grand-son's father for weeks, until a terrible situtation happened. One evening I visited his home and I seen someone jump in his car and take off...I was screaming someone was stealing the car...and I watched helplessly has my daughter's fiance' fired into the car, killing the man inside. I blamed myself for a couple of months for not just taking the gun from him when I realized he had it, weeks before this happened. All the while I was reading Bishop Jakes book, "Reposition Yourself" has I sat in the car while my daughter and grand-child visited with her fiance' in jail. I ask myself what if and why constantly and I struggle with the vision of the incidence nearly everyday. My heart goes out to this woman and my prayers are with her. Thank GOD for Bishop Jakes and Dr. Phil, they have help me through the worse times of my life and have help me learn how to make things better for myself and my family. It is hard, but time does help and seeking help from these two men and GOD will get her through the worse experience of her life. She has already helped me by being on the show and expressing her feelings, someone I can relate to! We are not alone but God is the utilmate healer!!

September 24, 2007, 9:17 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

I received an email last week from TDJ Ministries stating that Bishop Jakes would be on Dr. Phil today and you should have seen the excitement I felt to know that my two favorite men in the world would be together. I just couldn't wait to watch the show today! It just so happens to be my fiance' birthday today also. I had already purchased Bishop Jakes book, "Reposition Yourself" a few months ago, so I knew today's show on Dr. Phil would be something special. When the young couple came on speaking about the lost of their son and how it happened, my heart sank into my stomach and the tears began to fall. Fortunately I haven't had to experience the lost of a child but I do know the feeling of blaming yourself for the lost of someone's life, because of a gun in the home. My teenage daughter gave birth to a baby boy in late March and had plans on marrying the father of the child. The father of the baby had a gun in his home and I had ask him several times to get rid of it because I was afraid of an accident occuring around the baby. You just never know, as this mother found out in the worst way possible. I have been struggling with a situtation were I wanted to just take the gun away from my grand-son's father for weeks, until a terrible situtation happened. One evening I visited his home and I seen someone jump in his car and take off...I was screaming someone was stealing the car...and I watched helplessly has my daughter's fiance' fired into the car, killing the man inside. I blamed myself for a couple of months for not just taking the gun from him when I realized he had it, weeks before this happened. All the while I was reading Bishop Jakes book, "Reposition Yourself" has I sat in the car while my daughter and grand-child visited with her fiance' in jail. I ask myself what if and why constantly and I struggle with the vision of the incidence nearly everyday. My heart goes out to this woman and my prayers are with her. Thank GOD for Bishop Jakes and Dr. Phil, they have help me through the worse times of my life and have help me learn how to make things better for myself and my family. It is hard, but time does help and seeking help from these two men and GOD will get her through the worse experience of her life. She has already helped me by being on the show and expressing her feelings, someone I can relate to! We are not alone but God is the utilmate healer!!

September 24, 2007, 9:53 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

First, I must express my deepest to Tiffany and her family. I do not have children, but I have a 6 year old niece, and I cannot imagine losing her. I'm so sorry that this tragic accident happened, and I hope you are able to forgive yourself. It it obvious that you are a wonderful mother, and your children are lucky to have you for a mom. As for Hunter, the negative guest: I am not easily offended, but your comments about the South really hit a nerve. I grew up here, and take great pride in that fact. There are good and bad people down here just as there are in the North, Midwest, or West Coast. Take the time to get to know us instead of complaining about everything. You will find we're generally decent people. If you really hate it here, move on! I do wish you well, and hope you can find happiness.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last