Message Boards

Topic : 10/01 Jena 6 Continues

Number of Replies: 698
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Saturday, September 29, 2007, 08:44:33 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Friday's debate over the Jena 6 grew so heated, the Dr. Phil show needed to keep the cameras rolling! Now, see the show that happened after the show, when Dr. Phil returns to the stage and speaks with audience members on both sides of the issue. White supremacist Richard Barrett is the first to demand the spotlight, and you won't want to miss Dr. Phil's laser-sharp response. Then Dr. Phil has some hard questions for the attorney of Mychal Bell, one of the Jena 6 who spent 10 months in prison. What does she say to accusations that money donated for her client's defense was being spent inappropriately by the families? And, the conversation grows heated over speculation about how hurt Justin Barker really was after the attack. Was he as injured as he and his parents claimed? Find out which guest storms out of the studio, and why. Plus, Dr. Phil sends Bishop T.D. Jakes to Jena for exclusive interviews with members of the Jena 6 and their families. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 1, 2007, 4:14 pm CDT

this will go on forever.....................................................................................................................

I noticed dr phil was actually serious for once.. no jokes were cracked.. its icy grounds this topic...I am niether black or white but.. i dont like my own culture i think its embarrassing.. ANYONE ELSE WHO DOESNT CARE FOR THIER OWN CULTURE like the food, music,customs, etc.. please dont turn my comment into hate i love all people i just dont care for my own culture

October 1, 2007, 4:16 pm CDT

this is reverse discrimination, they are all minimizing the beating by the gang

boys will be boys, six against one, and he wasnt involved with the hanging of the nooses, this is absolute crap!!! Those six gansters (with records) beat within inches of his life a student and the lady lawyer is covering up, minimizing the beating and saying that hanging a noose is a crime, it is not a crime, I can go hang a noose at any tree I want, it doesnt hurt anyone, beating someone is an assault and battery charge, what is the problem with clarity here? Everything a black person does is excusable and nothing a white person does is?? Come on, lets be fair, lets have six whites beat a black child for calling them a cracker... that is a hate crime... provoking that is just wrong, and that lady should be held to the fire for her lame defense. Stop playing the race card.... Geeze it is geting old. Shut her up will you dr. phil, she is just trying to get famous... sad and pititful

October 1, 2007, 4:16 pm CDT

The Truth Shall Set You Free!

Great show Dr. Phil but I still did not see much honesty on the part of the Barker Family. I am black and speak about this often with my friends and not one has said that the Jena6 should not be held accountable for their actions. We just want justice to be equal to what the white students received, it's not Black America's fault that equal to the white students was NOTHING AT ALL, so why should we be any different. As for the prior charges that M. Bell had, how can we trust those given the current events. He was found guilty in this same town, with the same police, and with the current Judges so how can we hold those charges against him. One last thing, I find it hard to believe that Justin did not say something to trigger him getting jumped, I say this because...I was in Jena, LA on Sept 20 and there are enough racist in that town that they DID NOT have to pick someone innocent, which makes me think he was amongst the racist I am speaking of.

October 1, 2007, 4:17 pm CDT

jena 6

I totally agree with Stephanie. But it must be bacause the White people have so much more than the black people. Yeah,........... Thats got to be it. !

October 1, 2007, 4:18 pm CDT

GET REAL PEOPLE!

What is wrong with the people in this world? If you beat someone, then you need to be in jail! Black, white, brown it does no matter. GET REAL PEOPLE! I was raised, that if you but your hands, feet or anything else, on another person then you will be punished. Is that some rule not something that they teach in the south? Who cares what color the kid was that was beat or what color the kids were that did the beating. And for the parents of the kids that did the beating, I know as a parent of 4, that if one or all of my kids beat some one they would do their time. STOP supporting your children when they are wrong. Let them know that they are wrong and they need to pay for their crime.

October 1, 2007, 4:38 pm CDT

here or there, doesnt matter where

I am a young white woman from a small town in the mid west where people might think I would be racist. I think this whole situation has been blown completely out of proportion! First of all, these are KIDS who got into a fight over racial slurs and attacks. Noone, no matter what color, has the right to belittle somone else, especially racially. The kid who is claiming to be the "victim"...he got beat up because of what he said. He paid the concequences for his actions in a good ol fashion ass kickin. The kids who inflicted the injuries should be held responsible for what they did but it is going WAY over the edge as to what they are being charged with and how it is all being delt with. Expelled, 2nd degree attemtive murder, many years in prison. What about the original punishment for the kids who hung the nuices of a 3 day suspension? No matter who you are, what color you are, or where you are from, if you feel you are being attacked verbally, emotionally, physically or any other way, its your own instict to defend yourself. These 6 boys chose to defend themselves in a way that could have been less violent but do you blame them for defending themselves? I DONT! To the "white kid" who got beat up, Im sorry you went through everything you did. The pain and now maybe being afraid to go to school or elsewhere. To the "Jena6" Im sorry you are being treated unfairly by our system but I do think you deserve punishment for your actions, just not at severe as youre getting now. BUT, I hope EVERYONE learns a VERY valuable lesson from this!

October 1, 2007, 4:39 pm CDT

Facts

1. No one know "for a fact" that white kids would get treated differently because it didn't happen. To say so is inflamatory. I doubt the white kids today know how visceral a reaction there is to a noose. 2. Things only get worse when Sharpton and Jackson go to a "scene". 3. How can you say there is no racism in a city that has a "white tree" on the high school campus? 4. No one is doing their child a favor by letting them grow up without knowing there are consequences to their actions. 5. Everything else is inflammatory and coming from a past that has nothing to do with this. As long as ANYONE divides people by color, NO ONE is allowed to forget it. Please just make it stop. I am white. I was raised in the South. I make a concerted effort every day to treat people by the way they act toward me and others. I don't see a lot of other people making that effort -- of any color. It's just so sad.

October 1, 2007, 4:43 pm CDT

jena 6

It doesn't matter what color someone is. Violence is violence plain and simple. The parents should be held accountable for what the kids did.

October 1, 2007, 4:44 pm CDT

You CANT SEPERATE KIDS!!!!

SO I think the tree deal is also crazy!!! You cant segregate a tree like that, its 2007 not 1955!!!!!!!! I dont care if the kids were orange, you can sit where every you damn well please, and I would have took a stand with the black kids in that case...Because that is wrong and I didnt see the parents doing anything about that. Do I think its right to beat someone to a pulp or pull a gun on someone, NO NO NO! But, I do think this is blown way out of proportion for the simple fact that if all these kids would have been the same race none of this would be happening, it wouldnt have even made the back page of the paper muchless the dr. phil show. Al Sharpton gets on my last nerve all he does is fuel fires, and I cant help but think if the races were reversed that mr. sharpton would be there asking those white boys get 22 plus years for there hate crimes against the minority...Another thing has anyone told this white boy they were sorry, he could have been killed and all anyone wants to say is poor jena 6, I think they had it right when they said it should be jena 1!!!!!! I dont think 22 is right, thats way to much when child molesters are in our neighborhoods...But I do believe in if you do an adult crime you pay adult time!!! All of this is stupid......ALL INVOLVED SHOULD BE IN AT LEAST A JUVINILE DETENTION CENTER!!!!! And the parents are insane, my son is 1/2 mexican and if I ever heard him speak or act like this against anyone I would ground him until 30!!!! But, this should not be about race, this is not the 50s and I didnt have slaves and neither does anyone living in the united states...So give the race card a break for once!!! This needs to be about ALL the crimes involved...not the BLACK/WHITE ISSUE!!

October 1, 2007, 4:45 pm CDT

Jena 6

First of all let me start by saying “ANYONE WHO KICKS SOMEONE IN THE HEAD WITH SHOES ON, IT IS CONSERDED A DEADLY WEPONE?. Change the situation if 6 white kids beat up a black kid what would happen? If the white kids and community came out saying “RELEASE OUR CHILDREN?, WHAT DO YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN???? They would all be Racist haters. It seems to me that it’s okay for one but not the other. WE ALL HAVE RIGHTS AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE… Funny that Carol Powell would not say weather Mychal had been in trouble before. No one deservers to be hit by anyone for ANY REASON. I really tired of black vs. white. Sometimes people don’t like each other, weather you are white or black. Sure seems that people forget that. Stop using the race thing as a “crutch? on both sides.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last