Message Boards

Topic : 10/02 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp Newlyweds, Part 3

Number of Replies: 95
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Saturday, September 29, 2007, 09:04:43 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Three newlywed couples in trouble continue their work in The Dr. Phil House. John and Karla, Jim and Kim, and Jack and Danielle all say that Dr. Phil’s man camp for newlyweds is their last hope before they call it quits. Even though they’ve all been married for less than a year, they already believe that verbal abuse, 911 calls and physical fighting is normal for their marriage. Dr. Phil says this group is one of the most dramatic he’s seen -- drinking, threatening to leave, pointing fingers at each other and fighting about ridiculous topics. With intense exercises and tasks, can these couples rein in the juvenile behavior to focus on fixing the problems? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 2, 2007, 2:05 pm CDT

Been There

Dr. Phil had an excellent comment for Danielle:  "What if there was a man out there who would love, honor and cherish you? And you settled for this for the rest of your life?"  There is someone for Danielle who will love her and honor her and she shouldn't settle for what she has now.  I was in a smiliar verbally abusive relationship several years ago.  I was able to see how harmful it was to me and everyone close to me.  I have now found a wonderful man who I have been married to for the past 6 months, and I cringe at the thought of "settling" for what I had and how miserable I would be.  All of the couples need to grow up and see how wonderful marriage can be.

October 2, 2007, 2:18 pm CDT

some people should NOT be married

Some people bring out the worst in each other.    Jack and Danielle are a perfect example.  Danielle acts like a little girl that is helpless and pitiful.  "Please feel sorry for me--it's all HIS fault"-----It's sickening.  She needs to find a man that IS NOT threatened by the fact that she is a liar, bar hops, drinks, wears provocative clothing and likes her "little girl act".   Jack definitely has alot of issues (way too many to list) and needs therapy ---individual therapy!   It takes two to tango!   Bottom line---he's controlling and she's not all that innocent.   What's the secret, Danielle?  

October 2, 2007, 2:40 pm CDT

The more I watch

The more I watch Dr. Phil, especially on martial relations the more I appreciate my husband.  He not only tells me that he loves me everyday but he shows me.  He is so sweet.  I did ask pertainent questions though when I was dating him to find out what he thought of his mother and sister and brothers.  I deemed him to be a good man with good morals and principles, and I knew he was going to be a good father and husband before I said "I do".

I can't imagine trying to start a marriage the way these people have.  I truely hope things get better one way or another for them so they can have a happy peaceful life.  Why women like to hook-up with guys that need fixing is beyond me.  They have doctors for that.

October 2, 2007, 2:47 pm CDT

momakababe

Quote From: momakababe

I can't imagine acting this way never mind doing so on national TV?  Thee people must not have any sense of self respect. 

Have the message boards reverted bad to the old format for everyone else here?

Yes, the boards are back to the old format for everyone.      :)

October 2, 2007, 3:18 pm CDT

Show Jack the door

I feel that jack is such a manipulator. And if Dr. Phil feels that he is not getting it i think he should make him go home.  Provide therapy for Danielle whose self esteem is at the bottom of the barrel.  She has this desire to rescue Jack. She wants him to change so much. I am afraid that because he is so self absorbed that there is no change for him or their relationship. Just watch the face to face in the end between these two.  It's all about Jack and his feelings. Relationships like this change who you are. Trust me i know.  Everyday dealing with Jack's manipulation is just another day lost.  Wake up Danielle, Wake up.  

October 2, 2007, 3:29 pm CDT

what was the secret?

October 2, 2007, 3:59 pm CDT

10/02 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp Newlyweds, Part 3

Quote From: momisme2

Yes, the boards are back to the old format for everyone.      :)

thank you I thought I was dillusional & isn't this a great thing?

October 2, 2007, 4:05 pm CDT

jack

Watching Danelle and Jack makes me sad/mad because I was Danelle 10 years ago.. and it took him almost killing me for me to pack up and leave..  He started out mentally abusive and it led to being physically abusive...I came across a book..a few months ago called WHY DOES HE DO THAT?  INSIDE THE MINDS OF ANGRY AND CONTROLLING MEN..  by LUDY BANCROFT.    Excellent book talks about why men abuse..and i wish i would of had this book before or while i was married...one of the main reasons men abuse is because they can and it works for them..they get any selfish thing they want...and they manipulate the situation to be anything they want at the moment..Jack wanted to go because Dr. Phil does see right through him and he's not able to play his games of putting Danelle down...He gonna throw and fit or threat he can to try to serve his purpose. and when he's called out on it hes gonna play the victim card and oh i wanna change..he dosent want to change...Jack only cares about himself..yes he dosen't want to lose his wife because she helps be more self absorbed by doing all the housework...waiting on him ect.

October 2, 2007, 4:13 pm CDT

I missed it!!!

I can't believe that I missed todays show. I had to work late and I'm soo curious to know what the secret was about Danielle. If the husband in fact did betray her trust and spill it in national television. Could some one please fill me in? I would really appreciate it.

October 2, 2007, 4:18 pm CDT

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO LAST YEAR'S COUPLES?

I'm curious to know what happened to last year's MAN CAMP couples. Are they still together? Does anyone know any information?  Thank you!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last