Message Boards

Topic : 10/02 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp Newlyweds, Part 3

Number of Replies: 95
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Saturday, September 29, 2007, 09:04:43 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Three newlywed couples in trouble continue their work in The Dr. Phil House. John and Karla, Jim and Kim, and Jack and Danielle all say that Dr. Phil’s man camp for newlyweds is their last hope before they call it quits. Even though they’ve all been married for less than a year, they already believe that verbal abuse, 911 calls and physical fighting is normal for their marriage. Dr. Phil says this group is one of the most dramatic he’s seen -- drinking, threatening to leave, pointing fingers at each other and fighting about ridiculous topics. With intense exercises and tasks, can these couples rein in the juvenile behavior to focus on fixing the problems? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 2, 2007, 8:59 pm CDT

I agree with you Readmore!

Dr. Phil was amazing at seeing through Jack's antics and acting.  We all know people like Jack that are so mean and manipulative.  We all know people like Danielle who are so easily manipulated.  It was great to see it all uncovered and laid bare.  Now the big question- Can Dr. Phil get some help for Jack so that Danielle or some other unlucky girl isn't in the same boat after the show?  If anyone can do it.....

October 2, 2007, 9:08 pm CDT

You have to get DVR!!

Quote From: jgriggs77

I had to miss the show today to take my husband to the airport and unfortunately it doesn't air here again.  I If there was one show I was ever looking forward to it was this one.

Thanks

I record all my episodes and watch them when I can.  My kids laugh at me for that and these message boards!  Anyway- the secret was that Jack was a manipulative jerk.  He threatened to tell something she confided in him that was painful from her past because he wanted to hurt her.  It worked she became very upset and Dr. Phil called him out on it.  The secret is safe (for the moment) but as Dr. Phil pointed out he will probably use it as leverage again.  Imagine confiding something to someone that you have never told anyone and have them use that against you!  Anyway- 2 words Ti Vo!!

October 2, 2007, 9:30 pm CDT

OH COME ON!!!

The show only provides one hour to get a glimps of a complex relationship.  I think ole boy is a jerk for being a manipulative creep, but no matter how flat the pancake there is always two sides. 

October 2, 2007, 11:35 pm CDT

Man Camp Part 3

I am 62 and any of these ladies stories could have been mine,many years ago.  Way before Dr. Phil' s book, "Self Matters", I learned that because I had low self esteem, I had to change me and the way I looked at myself, and treated myself, before anyone else would respect me.  There is something sickingly titilating about being a victim.  It's our excuse for not doing the work needed to improve ourselves, and we get comfortable where we are as strange as that sounds.  For me, it took being in a rebound relationship after a divorce, that was totally distructive, attending AlAnon meetings(the ex was and Alcholic), the support of some very dear friends, and co-workers, before I was ready to break the cycle.  Was it easy-heck no, did it happen overnight, again no, but out of desperation, determination, and a lot of prayer, I finally began looking at the world from a vertical position, rather than from my previous horozontal, doormat position and it began to feel really good and empowerrd. It has to come from within and really believing we deserve better.  Once you get to this point, grab on to every positive thing you can, hold on tight, and I promise, better days will come.  Today I am healthier, and happier than I have ever been.  Yes, I am in a relationship with a man who treats me like a queen, but I feel like he does that, because by the time we met, I had worked through all of the old issues, and made it clear that I wasnt going to ever again, take anyone elses crap.  We love each other because we respect each other, and we are best friends. 

I hope these ladies will address the drinking because they need to see clearly before they can go forward. One thing I have found interesting in this segment is each person has told their partner what they want from them, but no one seems very anxious to address their own issues.  Everyone is blaming the other.  IT HAS TO BEGIN WITHIN!  Good luck to each of the couples!  Life is wonderful.  Live it to the fullest.

October 3, 2007, 1:43 am CDT

Danielle, Please listen HARD to Dr. Phil

Daneille, my Jacks name was Terry. Dr.Phil told you VERBATIM (as I was saying it with him) what your future holds. I unfortunately had 2 children & wasted 10 years of my life TRYING to CHANGE him. Only the abuse CHANGED. IT GOT WORSE! However; that was 20 years ago and Dr.Phil just nailed it when he told you about others treating you like you are royalty, listen to him, I have been married to the most wonderful man that I can go to and tell anything good or bad, after 15 1/2  years of marriage he brings me coffee in bed, and have our quiet time before he leaves for work to talk about the day ahead.  He calls me at least 15 times a day just to tell me how much he loves me!  By the way, my ex-husband abandoned our 7 & 4 yr.old son's & they now 27 &24 call my husband Dad, we are a solid family. My ex-husband married again, having 2 other children, I believe in Jr. High did the same thing to her and she wasted 12 yrs. and he controlled, mentally abused, physically abused, etc... its' a process that runs a course.  The "oh my god, I love u so much, I can't believe I hit you (all while crying) I'll never do it again...until the ole...you made me do it. Blaming you for making him have to hit you!  All the while your son is picking up this behavior!

October 3, 2007, 5:52 am CDT

Domestic Violence Education

After watching the show and reading the messages, I believe it would be helpful for Dr. Phil to educate his audience in respect to domestic violence.  It is clear that these couples have serious issues that are much deeper than immaturity.  It is difficult for "normal" people to understand the cycle of domestic violence and the profound impact it has upon victims.  Victims of domestic violence are very damaged individuals who just don't know that there is another way to live - in many ways they have been taught  that they deserve no better - this can occur from birth if you have grown up in a dysfunctional and abusive home.  It's easy to have a legalistic attitude and judge others when you have never been exposed to abuse by family members, friends, etc.  I specifically feel for Daniele who, in my view, has been experiencing abuse for a very long time- even before she was involved with Jack.  I hope that Dr. Phil will educate the public about domestic violence - its cyclical effect and the hopelessness associated with this issue.  

October 3, 2007, 5:59 am CDT

Your right

Quote From: scarlet40

These people are unbelievable! They all need to grow up and take responsibility for their actions. I have been married for almost 11 years and would never treat my spouse the way they treat each other. Get a clue!

These people should have never gotten married, they don't even have enough respect for one another to be a couple. Why in the world did they marry in the first place? Were they all nuts?

Lady with Jeremy, divorce now. Been in your shows and you will never make him better. do yourself a favor and cut your losses now. You'll be better for it. After several years of therapy, i learned what i did wrong. Stay and get what you need but get out. That includes all of you. Don't think you need this in your life because you don't. Your misssing having someone love you for you.

October 3, 2007, 6:04 am CDT

Danelle

Don't fall for those foony tears. They are tears because he is "manipulating you!" they mean nothing. He is an OBUSIVE OFFENDER. Get out and find someone who will take care of you and love you right. You do not need him.

Things will not change. They may for a time, but wait till the kids come and he has them to bully around. Then see how you feel when you get in between him and your kids and then choose. Don't wait for that day, GET OUT AND CUT YOUR LOSSES.

No man is worth this! no man!

October 3, 2007, 7:03 am CDT

I wish I could

Quote From: fromthesquare

I record all my episodes and watch them when I can.  My kids laugh at me for that and these message boards!  Anyway- the secret was that Jack was a manipulative jerk.  He threatened to tell something she confided in him that was painful from her past because he wanted to hurt her.  It worked she became very upset and Dr. Phil called him out on it.  The secret is safe (for the moment) but as Dr. Phil pointed out he will probably use it as leverage again.  Imagine confiding something to someone that you have never told anyone and have them use that against you!  Anyway- 2 words Ti Vo!!

I wish I could.....I used to have it when I lived in MA and had comcast.  Well I just moved to KY and have to have Directv and supposably can't get DVR here where I am out in the sticks...lol

Even when I was in MA they always had another showing at 8pm that I could watch.

Thanks very much for your reply the suspense was killing me.

October 3, 2007, 9:31 am CDT

for Karla at man camp

Karla, BEWARE!  I think John had tears NOT because he is losing you, but because he didn't win.  He's losing control of everyone and especially you and will do or say anything to get you on his side.  Then, when you get home he will be worse.  GET OUT NOW!  YOUR LIFE IS IN DANGER!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last