Message Boards

Topic : 10/02 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp Newlyweds, Part 3

Number of Replies: 95
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Saturday, September 29, 2007, 09:04:43 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Three newlywed couples in trouble continue their work in The Dr. Phil House. John and Karla, Jim and Kim, and Jack and Danielle all say that Dr. Phil’s man camp for newlyweds is their last hope before they call it quits. Even though they’ve all been married for less than a year, they already believe that verbal abuse, 911 calls and physical fighting is normal for their marriage. Dr. Phil says this group is one of the most dramatic he’s seen -- drinking, threatening to leave, pointing fingers at each other and fighting about ridiculous topics. With intense exercises and tasks, can these couples rein in the juvenile behavior to focus on fixing the problems? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 29, 2007, 4:00 pm CDT

Man Camp Newlyweds, Part 3

These people are unbelievable! They all need to grow up and take responsibility for their actions. I have been married for almost 11 years and would never treat my spouse the way they treat each other. Get a clue!

October 2, 2007, 6:28 am CDT

Out of Control

These people are OUT OF CONTROL. What made them get married in the first place. I have been with my children's father for 16yrs. today. The most important thing in our relationship is communication. They should have built a foundation for their marriage before anyone said I do. I would really like to know how long were these couples together before they got married? Also, was their spouses this way before they got married?

October 2, 2007, 6:33 am CDT

mancamp

How embarrassing! They all look like children. None of them deserve to be married. They are all selfish! I have been married 12 years (together 19 years) and could not fathom either of us treating each other that way....we have way too much respect for one another.

October 2, 2007, 7:20 am CDT

I agree scarlet

you want to just tell these people to cut it out.  With all the real horrors in the world ie wars, children being abused etc. they have the gall to sit around beotching at each other & treating each other like crab & for no reason?  It's like they're all a bunch of dramtic teenage school girls.......... 

With that said I have to ask if the message board is back to the old format for everyone or is it just some kind of setting on my side?  It's kind of a tease of how much easier the old boards were. 

October 2, 2007, 8:04 am CDT

danielle wake up!!

I am so sad knowing about Jack and Danielle's situation. I am convinced that marriage is never to be taken lightly and that we must really work together t and put everything withing ourselves to find a  road towards reconciliation of differences.

However, Jack behaves like a totally self-absorbed person and that’s the only thing you cannot be if you want your marriage to work. He only talks about his feelings and his needs.

And then when dr. Phil was seing right through him he saw himself out the door and suddenly he was so meek and began crying but I think he was just trying to manipulate his way back, and of course Danielle seems to feel guilty when the spot light is on him that she didn't even blink before jumping into forgiving him.

Dannielle you  deserve so much better than that!!! Even after the talk with dr Phil, Jack's comments didn't proof  any change in his attitude. open your eyes Danielle. you don't need to stay with him. He does not seem to love you, if he did, he would not bully you the way he does.

October 2, 2007, 8:35 am CDT

10/02 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp Newlyweds, Part 3

I was Danielle at one time.  I was in a relationship with what I thought was an amazing man, who controlled me, oppressed me, and verbally abused me.  He didnt threaten to expose my deepest secrets, he would make something up and humiliate me in front of friends and family.  He had so much influence on me that I forgot what my favorite color was! I stayed with him year after year because I thought I could show him how normal people treated each other.  I left him after 8 years because I finally realized that I cant fix him....I am under qualified for this!  It was very hard to do ...I felt guilty but I had to choose me.  Danielle, are you even qualified for the amount of care that a man like this requires? Is he worth it?

October 2, 2007, 9:18 am CDT

a message from above

Quote From: momakababe

you want to just tell these people to cut it out.  With all the real horrors in the world ie wars, children being abused etc. they have the gall to sit around beotching at each other & treating each other like crab & for no reason?  It's like they're all a bunch of dramtic teenage school girls.......... 

With that said I have to ask if the message board is back to the old format for everyone or is it just some kind of setting on my side?  It's kind of a tease of how much easier the old boards were. 

Proverbs 27: 17 "As iron sharpens iron, so people can improve each other". In this verse, "each other" literally means: companion or friend; neighbor or associate. In other words, God uses every relationship to improve us and to accomplish His will for our lives. People come into our lives for eternal reasons. Relationships are mirrors! In them, we see reflections of ourselves! Relationships expose the weaknesses we try so hard to bury! Relationships teach us important lessons like forgiveness, patience, kindness, goodness and self-control. Many times, God builds His qualities in us by allowing certain people to come into our lives. He calls it "Iron sharpening iron".
If we need to learn patience, He brings irritating people into our lives. If we need to learn to love, He will bring the unlovable! God takes those people we call "difficult" and uses them as pruning tools, tools of molding and refining. If we fail to learn from one, He will send another! Even if we do learn from one, He will send another to teach us a different lesson.
Relationships are compasses. Proverbs 15:22 "Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed." (NIV) God brings all kinds of people into our lives to teach us, encourage us and guide us.

October 2, 2007, 9:19 am CDT

exactly lm1969

Quote From: lm1969

How embarrassing! They all look like children. None of them deserve to be married. They are all selfish! I have been married 12 years (together 19 years) and could not fathom either of us treating each other that way....we have way too much respect for one another.

I can't imagine acting this way never mind doing so on national TV?  Thee people must not have any sense of self respect. 

Have the message boards reverted bad to the old format for everyone else here?

October 2, 2007, 9:19 am CDT

Jack is tame compared to...

Wow, I look at Jack on the show and he's tame compared to some of the people I've had to work with. I'm not trivializing what Jack has done or is doing, he is acting very immature and manipulating. It's so reminiscent of this guy I know. I wish I could get this couple I worked with in man camp. You would not believe this couple. The man is a manipulator beyond belief. His wife can't even attend church because he "imagines" her to have an affair even if she looks someones direction. He has beat her, abused her on many levels. He hasn't hit her lately because one of his own family members called the police on him. When they came in and sought help from me I knew how controlling and "know it all" he was. My approach is a lot like Dr. Phil's....so as a woman I had my husband stay in the office with me just in case. It took only 10 minutes for this guy to blow up and yell at me. My husband made him stand down. This man is a very hurting individual that had to put up with a murder in his family. I truly wish the show would help this couple. Trouble is I know he wouldn't go. I think about them a lot. I'm no longer in that city to be there for her but I worry about her. I wish she would wake up before something drastic happens.

October 2, 2007, 10:09 am CDT

Sometimes You don't know any better.

Quote From: nicki75

These people are OUT OF CONTROL. What made them get married in the first place. I have been with my children's father for 16yrs. today. The most important thing in our relationship is communication. They should have built a foundation for their marriage before anyone said I do. I would really like to know how long were these couples together before they got married? Also, was their spouses this way before they got married?
I've been married only four years to my husband.  I married young and probably before I should have.  But that is not what I was thinking when I married my husband.  I was thinking that I loved him and being naive about life, thought that he would changed when he realized how much I loved him.  Now I'm in the same situation as Danielle.  My husband is very controlling of me and says things to me to break me down.  He calls me stupid and uses that as a defense to protect himself and make himself feel more superior.  But it didn't start out like that.  It started out small and then progressed through out the years.  Now I find my self in a bind because we do have a 3 year old son and he acts just like his father.  I know from experience how hard it is to leave someone like that.  It can be scary just to tell them you want to end it.  As for building a sold foundation before getting married, some people get lucky.  My parents only knew each other for 3 months before they got married and are coming up on their 20th anniversary soon and still happily married.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last