Message Boards

Topic : 01/01 Mama Drama

Number of Replies: 429
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Saturday, September 29, 2007, 09:20:10 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/03/07) Hating your own mother is hard to imagine, but today’s guests say they want nothing to do with the women who gave them life. Dr. Phil speaks with feuding mothers and daughters. Nineteen-year-old Megan says her mom, Tracy, is nothing but her egg donor. Megan has been singing since she was a child and is now a rising star in the music industry, but she says all she wants is for her pushy stage mom to butt out of her life. Tracy says Megan’s record deal is the worst thing that ever happened because it turned her sweet daughter into a stereotypical rock-and-roll singer who’s into sex, booze, drugs and rebellion. Can this relationship be saved? Then, Carrie calls her mother, Sarah, the “spawn of Satan.” Carrie wrote a book about Sarah’s real life near-death experience at the hands of a serial killer. Now the mother and daughter are fighting over who owns the rights to this compelling page-turner. Will they heal their relationship so that the book can get published? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 3, 2007, 10:26 am CDT

Can pick 'em

Unfortunately we can't pick our parents.  But the truth is, parents don't get to pick their children either.  I do know that there is such a thing as a 'bad parent', but I also know many good parents, who didn't always do the "right" thing, but had a child or children that didn't turn out quite the way they had hoped.  Nobody is given a manual when that baby pops out and aside from complete self-reconstruction, we can only do what we can with what we have.  In other words, some parents don't know how to be good parents because they themselves had bad examples in their growing up.  It's a vicious cycle.  My thought is that if these daughters on the show can do anything for themselves to heal it would be to forgive their not perfect mothers and be sure to do things differently if and when they become mothers.  I was blessed with a wonderful mother, not perfect by any means, and no, we don't always agree... she is a different person than me but I know she did the best she could and even through her mistakes I can still see that she is no different than me... she is just doing the best she knows how to do.  I pray that I will be half the mother she has been to me.

Bless each of you in your road to forgiveness.

October 3, 2007, 10:37 am CDT

mother/daughter

i watched todays show and im surprised.  i feel both of the daughters expected to have a perfect mother.  guess what girls! theres no such thing. put yourselfs in your moms shoes. what do you expect a mom to do when her 16 year old is doing drugs, etc.  GROW UP.   also  let the daughter go thru an ordeal even close to what her mom went thru with the cereal killer, thats hard for anyone to deal with. i dont think dr phil had any compassion for the moms, and i dont think the girls can even spell compassion or know what the word means.  both of them did nothing to help the problem, they are just shutting them out by never wanting to see/talk to them again. they are not thinking of anyone but themselfs and showed that very clearly. just because they are18 does not mean they are grown up. and these 2 "girls" proved that. best wishes to both moms and i can guarentee the girls will be sorry,  i just hope they realise how they are acting before its too late.  and the time will come when it will be too late.  to the "girls" --- GROW UP

October 3, 2007, 10:44 am CDT

Haters!!!

You saw what television editing allowed you to see. Unless you know them personally how can you make such conclusions?

Unless you were there to live this dysfunctional life, that they have lived, you don’t know.

And I believe the Lady in the audience said she did not allow anything, but rather than stick her head in the sand and realizing that teenagers are what they are, she chose to keep the communication open with this troubled teen.

This teenager could have been a whole lot worse, but because of her recording deal, she was watched closer than any of us that grew up "Normally" and took a drink or tried a smoke.

Her mother, I'm sure did try, and did make mistakes as do we all, but pointing the finger at Megan, the Recording Industry, Friends or anyone is not the answer.

Maybe, just maybe she should admit her mistakes instead of blaming everyone around her.

Has anyone heard Megan’s song "I'll pay you to shoot him”? Her father WAS in her life, she didn’t want him there, but her mother insisted. Until he tried to kill them both (allegedly)

All I am saying is that after watching 15 minutes of someone’s TV edited life, who has the right to be so damned judgmental...

Shame on all of you.... Haters!!!!

October 3, 2007, 11:47 am CDT

So wanted to see this show!!

Wow after reading all this, I so wanted to see this show. I do agree the show is different, we have no Dr. Phil anymore to give advice, I have learnt alot during the years i have watched since the Oprah days. I am out West so haven't seen this show yet. Mother's & Daughter's thought I'd learn something, this does not sound good an then to let the girl sing. Oh My! Seems like Oprah has taken on Dr. Phil the way her show's are going lately! I wanted to hear some ways or things to say to our Daughter's, Us mother's who have them and Mine is just Snotty as hell since her father and my divorce in May of this year. I would not talk to her during the divorce or should I say about it the nasty and all that but Dad didnt' hesitate. My daughter called me and said Dont' Hurt Dad! OMG! I wanted to say so much to my child. But it's not right to make her father look bad though that is exactly what he did to me. I refused! She treats me so sarcatic these days and don't know how to handle it. I just say well this isn't going anywhere so lets' get off the subject and I love you, will talk again soon. Instead of ripping her a new smirk about the truth & her Dad. Sad I won't learn anything today. But I will watch it.

October 3, 2007, 12:20 pm CDT

Kudos on this show!

My biological mother is called by her name too. It was nice to see a counselor allow a youth to speak the truth. Not enough people will admit their truths like the daughter and aunt did on this show.

THANKS DP

October 3, 2007, 12:25 pm CDT

the problem is the friend

I was shocked when the other woman said that the mom doesnt take responisbilty for her actions when the daughter was sitting there blaming her mom for her drug use.

Ijust thank God that I dont have a selfish little bitch for a daughter like that girl.

As far as I am concerned, the friend is an enabler who shoudl be criminally charged for contributing to the delinquincy of a minor. 

October 3, 2007, 12:32 pm CDT

Life is too short!

This young lady is 18; legally an adult but not emotionally.  One day, maybe a month, a year , or ten years from now, she will regret not having her mother.  And am I the only one who thinks it is too coincedental that she is about to release her first CD?  Apparently this feud has been going on for a long time. I am sure that a big reason they decided to come on the show now is because her manger told her it would be great publicity!

October 3, 2007, 12:36 pm CDT

I can completely understand

I am 36 yrs old and my mom is still trying to run my life. She is currently raising my daughter and she has told me that since she has screwed up with me she's going to try and do it right this time. But I can see it happening all over again. She calls me and reminds me every month that I have to pay her for something that we agreed she would get for me. She fusses at me that I don't tell her every little thing that is going on in my life. I have just gotten to the point that I just don't call anyone. I wish I had my mom that I had when I was little. I know I'm not a perfect angel but I have grown up and I think I do things the right way. But the way I feel it will never be good enough for her ever.

October 3, 2007, 12:38 pm CDT

grow up, little girl!

Today is the sixteenth anniversary of my mother's death, today.  Darlin' your squeaky little voice won't last forever...but a mother's love will GROW UP.

October 3, 2007, 12:43 pm CDT

10/03 Mama Drama

Quote From: tnrealtor

This young lady is 18; legally an adult but not emotionally.  One day, maybe a month, a year , or ten years from now, she will regret not having her mother.  And am I the only one who thinks it is too coincedental that she is about to release her first CD?  Apparently this feud has been going on for a long time. I am sure that a big reason they decided to come on the show now is because her manger told her it would be great publicity!

And am I the only one who thinks it is too coincedental that she is about to release her first CD?  Apparently this feud has been going on for a long time. I am sure that a big reason they decided to come on the show now is because her manger told her it would be great publicity!

No, you're not the only one.  I thought the very same thing.  I think it's in poor taste to let her sing on the show.  

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last