Message Boards

Topic : 01/01 Mama Drama

Number of Replies: 429
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Saturday, September 29, 2007, 09:20:10 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/03/07) Hating your own mother is hard to imagine, but today’s guests say they want nothing to do with the women who gave them life. Dr. Phil speaks with feuding mothers and daughters. Nineteen-year-old Megan says her mom, Tracy, is nothing but her egg donor. Megan has been singing since she was a child and is now a rising star in the music industry, but she says all she wants is for her pushy stage mom to butt out of her life. Tracy says Megan’s record deal is the worst thing that ever happened because it turned her sweet daughter into a stereotypical rock-and-roll singer who’s into sex, booze, drugs and rebellion. Can this relationship be saved? Then, Carrie calls her mother, Sarah, the “spawn of Satan.” Carrie wrote a book about Sarah’s real life near-death experience at the hands of a serial killer. Now the mother and daughter are fighting over who owns the rights to this compelling page-turner. Will they heal their relationship so that the book can get published? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 3, 2007, 1:06 pm CDT

10/03 Mama Drama

When my Mother was age 81 laying on her death bed, she looked deep into my eyes and told me I was a good kid and that she loved me. That was all I ever wanted to her from her. I told her that she was a wonderful Mother and I'll never forget her. I always feel blessed with that love when I watch these kinds of shows at times.

October 3, 2007, 1:10 pm CDT

RE: Mama Drama -

The young lady who sings is truly talented.  I really hope that she finds a way to forgive whatever has happened between her and her mother, because if not, she will continue to carry that burden with her for the rest of her life.  We become or manifest in our lives what we don't resolve. 

PEACE

Peace flows to quiet
Calming the storms from within.
Just by forgiving.

As to the other mother-daughter, just a message from another writer: Publish America is not the direction knowlegable writers go in.  She should have done some research before signing on with them.  Regardless of the subject matter, the real question is whether she's even a good writer and Dr, Phil is right; this wasn't even remotely about the book.

October 3, 2007, 1:10 pm CDT

Dear Dr. Phil,

Dr. Phil, I have been your biggest fan since the very first time I saw you on Oprah so many years ago : )  I respect you immensely and try to incorporate your advice in to my own life.  As a matter of fact, when my own daughter gets mad at me she likes to tell me "...and don't even try to use your Dr. Phil psychology on me..."  HOWEVER, I am truly having a difficult time understanding where you are this season.  I feel you are putting on great shows with real potential to be powerful and helpful...but then you fizzle.  I am struggling to find a show this season where you have actually provided any resolution or even any road to a resolution.  Watching your shows are becoming painful because I am seeing real people with real problems but I am not seeing you provide real tools for them to resolve those problems.  I hate to admit this, but I'd rather skip watching your show altogether than watch people who are no better off for being on your show.  Even if you have to do a two part show...please quit starting shows that you can't finish. 

October 3, 2007, 1:11 pm CDT

10/03 Mama Drama

Quote From: ogreenthumbs

I am still burning about how the friend said the mother doesnt take responsibility but didnt do HER JOB as the CHAPERONE.  Gimme a break!!  this "friend" is only around for the glory but if Megan stays on this path this all the glory she will see!!!  karma to the friend!!!
you dont know these people

October 3, 2007, 1:11 pm CDT

10/03 Mama Drama

Megan needs to grow up and relize her mom just wants what is best for her........also she's a pretty good singer but she needs to get rid of that hair!!!...........doesn't anyone have plain blonde or brown hair these days???!!!......

October 3, 2007, 1:12 pm CDT

Thank you

Quote From: missgnar

How can you be expected to be an adult, and not a "brat" when you have nothing but a pushy, overbearing woman as your guidance and influence? Point the finger only when you have been in that situation.
Amen

forgive when possible... move on when it's not

Having a feud with a parent is the last thing that most people want.  As a child, we think our parents can do no wrong... as we get older we are often times disappointed in seeing our parent as a human capable of making mistakes which can lead to disillusionment.  With most healthy relationships, people grow, learn and move on from this.  However, just as in ANY relationship, sometimes a person can be 'broken'.  What I mean by this is, that sometimes a parent CAN be toxic.  Do you mean to tell me, Dr. Phil, that in the case of a child abuser that the child needs and/or MUST forge a relationship at any cost with that parent?  How about a murderer?  What about a con artist?  Even mental illness on the part of the parent in which the child is emotionally abused?  What level is considered unforgivable?  Yes, parents make mistakes, but how many times and how much hurt is the child supposed to endure to 'keep' the relationship alive?  It doesn't matter if the child is 2 or 22, sometimes limits have to be set... even if it means relationships sometimes have to be severed so that a child can move on, grow, heal and eventually forgive.

Staged Drama?

You have got to be kidding!!!  This girl, and she is still a bratty spoiled girl, just got SOOOOOO much free publicity.  Her voice sounds like so many other "new young exciting" girls today so she isn't all that special in that regards.  If her CD doesn't sell at all, maybe she will see that it isn't so smart to be such a ingrate to her mom.  (Or maybe this was just part of the campaign?  Lots of exposure, scandal, woe is me 'cause my mom is awful)  Sounds like Paris, Nicole, Brittany, Lindsay..........  What would happen if we ALL just didn't care about any of them anymore?

October 3, 2007, 1:24 pm CDT

was a brat too at that age!

Quote From: whatever247

You saw what television editing allowed you to see. Unless you know them personally how can you make such conclusions?

Unless you were there to live this dysfunctional life, that they have lived, you dont know.

And I believe the Lady in the audience said she did not allow anything, but rather than stick her head in the sand and realizing that teenagers are what they are, she chose to keep the communication open with this troubled teen.

This teenager could have been a whole lot worse, but because of her recording deal, she was watched closer than any of us that grew up "Normally" and took a drink or tried a smoke.

Her mother, I'm sure did try, and did make mistakes as do we all, but pointing the finger at Megan, the Recording Industry, Friends or anyone is not the answer.

Maybe, just maybe she should admit her mistakes instead of blaming everyone around her.

Has anyone heard Megans song "I'll pay you to shoot him? Her father WAS in her life, she didnt want him there, but her mother insisted. Until he tried to kill them both (allegedly)

All I am saying is that after watching 15 minutes of someones TV edited life, who has the right to be so damned judgmental...

Shame on all of you.... Haters!!!!

I do think it's ironic that her CD is coming out soon. However that doesn't diminish what may have occured in her life. I am a surviver of sexual abuse from a family member and two parents that were to busy groing up themselves. I am now 39 (today....happy birthday to me) and through many bratty days, years of attitude I realized I was acting out do to all the pain inside. Alot of therapy and a diaginosis of lupus made me realise that I was just abusing myself. Meagan is young and hopefully her songwriting and singing will be a way for her to realease her pain and help her grow.

Do all of you remember when you where young and new everything? (those where the days!)

I loved her voice and I'll buy her CD.

October 3, 2007, 1:25 pm CDT

Megan is rude and self centered

Megan comes off as a haughty, spoiled, jerk, Her Mom has made mistakes Im sure . But it was bad when Megan made faces at her Mom as doctor Phi; spoke. megans mentor, the one sponsored her, should not have put up with Megan drinking bevause "all kids do it". im sorry but i think megan owes her poor Mother an apology  for  her ill mannered miserable tretment of her Mother on the Dr Phil show, Megan is conceited, needs her butt kicked for her behavior. I have no respect for Megans actions toward her moher,

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last