Message Boards

Topic : 01/01 Mama Drama

Number of Replies: 429
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Saturday, September 29, 2007, 09:20:10 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/03/07) Hating your own mother is hard to imagine, but today’s guests say they want nothing to do with the women who gave them life. Dr. Phil speaks with feuding mothers and daughters. Nineteen-year-old Megan says her mom, Tracy, is nothing but her egg donor. Megan has been singing since she was a child and is now a rising star in the music industry, but she says all she wants is for her pushy stage mom to butt out of her life. Tracy says Megan’s record deal is the worst thing that ever happened because it turned her sweet daughter into a stereotypical rock-and-roll singer who’s into sex, booze, drugs and rebellion. Can this relationship be saved? Then, Carrie calls her mother, Sarah, the “spawn of Satan.” Carrie wrote a book about Sarah’s real life near-death experience at the hands of a serial killer. Now the mother and daughter are fighting over who owns the rights to this compelling page-turner. Will they heal their relationship so that the book can get published? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 29, 2007, 2:50 pm CDT

The Devils Spawn!

This is how i describe my the woman that gave birth to me, I won't give her the power to hate her, she let her husband rape me and she told me it was my fault that I was a liar! But i turned it around to all good in my life, we all can do that, we control us! I don't speak to her AT ALL! But I have 4 wonderful children & 3 Grandsons ( through my Daughters marriage) and 1 grandaughter! How lucky am I!!!!

September 29, 2007, 2:50 pm CDT

The Devils Spawn!

This is how i describe my the woman that gave birth to me, I won't give her the power to hate her, she let her husband rape me and she told me it was my fault that I was a liar! But i turned it around to all good in my life, we all can do that, we control us! I don't speak to her AT ALL! But I have 4 wonderful children & 3 Grandsons ( through my Daughters marriage) and 1 grandaughter! How lucky am I!!!!

September 30, 2007, 5:37 pm CDT

Mothers and daughters

Ahh, the relationship between Mothers and daughters can be volitile to say the least. May I say, that not ALL women are nurturing beings, and not ALL should EVER give birth. Was Megan old enough to sign the deal herself ? Or did Mom sign for her ? If it was Megan, then she is an adult, sorry Mom as much as it hurts (do you think Brittany's Mom is thrilled with her choices ?), they are her choices to make, if it was Mom, then hello why not WAIT until your daughter can make that choice whether to record a record or NOT. Then I wonder, did Carrie write the book with her Mother's permission ? That would have to be a harrowing experience, and maybe not one Sarah wanted to share with the whole world, do I think Sarh deserves something ? Yes, why because this is HER story, not her daughter's to tell. Well wait and see I guess.

September 30, 2007, 11:45 pm CDT

Mothers And Daughters

I will definatly be watching the show because I feel that mom and I can learn alot from it and know that we aren't the only ones who dont get along. I am the oldest of two children between dad and mom and ever since their divorse my life was hell. I knever felt close enough to my mom where I could tell her what was on my mind. I grew up supressing my feelings towards my mom and finaly I had hit the enough was enough when I was seventeen. I remember even as a child there was nothing I could do to be loved more. I used to colour outside of the lines in grade 3 and one time I remember my mom telling me my brother was going to do better then me in school.. I remember that moment like it was yesterday. Ever since then I just kept my feelings to myself because I had no one to tell them too. To this day there are things shes done to me she will never do to my brother and now she wants to raise my son. My husband died last year and I cant even open up to her all the way because everythign I say and do is judged. She hates my inlaws she treats my loss as a divorse I live with her because the cost of living is high and I am going back to school. She does help out with my son but we just get along like we should.

October 3, 2007, 5:20 am CDT

Concerning your Mama Drama

From what has been stated in an announcement by PublishAmerica (PA), your program has invited them to be present and offer a contract to one of your guests. However, are you aware that PublishAmerica is a (hybrid) vanity publisher that preys on writers? They claim to be a "traditional" publisher, yet that's not a standard publishing industry term. It's a term their management created in order to set them apart from other vanity publishers. That was admitted by one of the owners in an interview with the Washington Post. In an arbitration hearing with one of their authors, Another PA owner admitted to the arbiter that their target market is their authors and not the reading public.

Of course, if you're aware of all this and more, such as the fact that PA has sent fake police to the homes of several writers in order to intimidate them, for use on a possible later show, then I must suggest you might want to contact either myself or someone from Writer Beware who can provide you with additional information.

October 3, 2007, 5:51 am CDT

Mothers and daughters

I'm 57 and my daughter and I haven't seen eye-to-eye on anything from the time she became a teenager.  Now she's a grown woman & we still don't agree.  She'll DEMAND my opinion on a subject but tell me how wrong I am when I give her my opinion.  I've finally learned to accept that it's the way she is and always will be.  She gets mad, I leave her alone for a few weeks and then she calls again as if nothing has happened.  She has a lot of emotional problems that I know I can't fix and she refuses to seek help.  In order to keep my sanity I have learned to distance myself from her problems. 

October 3, 2007, 6:51 am CDT

More Professional Purity Hard at Work

This girl joined the wrong crowd and got on drugs and booze before signing the record deal which would not have been offered her unless she was the outrageous, disrespectful, drug addicted nut that she is proving herself to be.

Now she wants her mother completely out of her life in exchange for a surrogate manger/mom.

She is a super-"stereo"typical example of the "sex, drugs, and rock and roll" culture that permeates young people's attitudes today.

What ever happened to a good ass-whooping for speaking disrespectfully to your elders?

We could never get away with that 30 years ago.

Oh yeah. That's right: it's more illegal in America now than even the drugs that she is using, thanks to the opinion of yet more and more professionals.

The chickens are coming home to roost and they all have tie-dyed hair-do's with nose rings in their peckers!

October 3, 2007, 6:59 am CDT

Holy cow

You have got to be kidding . I  don't see where you resolved anything. If she was clean and sober,what ever happened to the "12 Steps" (make ammends). You gave her the stage to promote her own childish ways. At 19 she still is a child. Instead you should have taken her backstage and gave her a kick in the ass.Mom i feel did the best she could to protect her from the dark shadows of the lime light of being famous. Maybe when she falls down like all the rest of the ( my farts don't stink)little girls out there we have thrown down our thoarts (Paris,Brittnay,etc)who is she going to turn to?

October 3, 2007, 7:07 am CDT

Show was a huge disappointment!

October 3, 2007, 7:10 am CDT

Different point of view

As I watched this show, perhaps it's because I'm fifty and if I had a daughter it could be me setting there. But what struck me was, my mother and I never saw eye to eye. My father would say, she's your mother and you will respect her. I never called my mother names, never got physical, (my father wouldn't have allowed that.) I had four brothers, they didn't do women's work. Boy did I resent that as a teenager.

So here I'am watching this show after just having surgery two weeks ago thinking, I would give anything if my mother were here, you see, she's been gone for about 14 years.

Why is it we never realize what we have till it's gone?

Love ya Mom.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last