Message Boards

Topic : 06/27 Follow-Ups

Number of Replies: 75
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Saturday, September 29, 2007, 09:31:39 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/05/07) Dr. Phil checks in with some of his most-talked-about guests. The first story had all the drama, intrigue and suspense of a Hollywood movie! Dr. Phil uncovered Jeffrey's obsession with his wife, Jennifer. He would follow her every move, lock her in the basement, tap her phones and take inappropriate photos of her. When we last saw them, Jeffrey was in jail, awaiting trial, and Jennifer went into hiding with their children. Don’t miss Jennifer’s update from her secret location! Next, what happened to Melinda a 17-year-old with a rage problem who had her family terrified? Then, get an update on the deafblind triplets, a mom who had a fear of germs, the guests from Dr. Phil’s House of Hatred, and the family who was attacked by a madman with a hatchet while they slept.  Where are these guests now? Join the discussion!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 5, 2007, 6:29 pm CDT

RE: Treatment Center in Dallas

Quote From: dvtiques

Dr. Phil mentioned a treatment center that had helped the girl with the anger problem. It was located in Dallas. Does anyone know the name of the center? I would really like to talk to them about my daughter. Thanks for any help

If you click on the link at the top of this board that says, 'Find out what happened on the show' you will be brought to a page that lists a brief summary of each portion of the show and resources listed on the lower right side of the page.  These resources include the Lawless Peavey PNP site. (http://www.lawlispeavey.com/)

DrPhilBoard2

October 5, 2007, 6:36 pm CDT

Great Job Dr. Phil

This is the kind of show that makes me so happy to see how much good you have been able to do. 

The woman got her children and herself to a safe place because of you.

The couple with the 3 blind and deaf children - WOW - what an unbelievable gift you gave them.  That's what makes it all worth it.

The woman who was raging - that poor woman, I originally thought how could she treat people that way, but she actually had a chemical imbalance problem - without she probably never would have known it without your help.

The family that was attacked - how utterly horrible.  I saw the original show and was horrified at the terror they went through.  You really pulled through for them.

And all the others - the woman with OCD with germ s so much better. AND the House of Hatred - you did some great work with them.

Now, if you could only help ME get me relationship back with my daughter - I WOULD BE SO-O-O GRATEFUL.  I'm trying too work on the other issues myself and doing what I can, but I am at an impasse.  I DESPERATELY NEED YOUR HELP.

Please don't fail me now!  Keep up the good work - PLEASE contact me.

October 5, 2007, 6:44 pm CDT

To the couple with the triplets....

God bless you - you really have your hands full and you are doing a GREAT job.  Thank you Dr. Phil for all the help you gave them.  You are truly a gift for them.

All my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.  Hang tough with the children - in the end it will all be worth it.

October 5, 2007, 8:19 pm CDT

I disagree here

Quote From: shahnster

...you were present at your own murder. You just didn't die.

It's so ungodly stupid and makes it WORSE. At your own murder? I would have nightmares for life if someone told me that. Do we have to be so melodramatic? Give me a break.

They were NOT at their own MURDERS. That doesn't even make sense and just makes Dr. Phil sound like a quack.

It's on of his many pschobabble phrases that needs to go.

what is a "pschobabble phrase" to you is something different to the people he is speaking to.  You would have nightmares for life if someone told you that, but that's because you are not in the position of the people attacked in their beds in the middle of the night.  Words have a great deal of power and in reality what he said was an empowering statement!   Some did indeed try to murder those two people in their beds but these people fought & did not die.  Now I personally would have like to see Dr. Phil work it so that it included the words "what should have beeen" so it would read "you were present at *what should have been* your own murder"  but in the end the meaning is the same in that they had already triumphed and he is trying to fire them up so as not to give up now & let that monster win by altering their lives completely.  The wife/mom not being able to return home takes away her power or makes the attacker the winner.  These are people who turned to Dr. Phil not just to tell their story but for him to help restore some of their power &/or enable them to let go of their fear a big, help them feel safe and to live a as close to normal as they could.   I believe Dr. Phil had said something to the effect of "I'm in awe of how brave you were.  you were present at your own murder.  You just didn't die."  He's telling him that he's truly impressed & that many would have laid down & died.  this man & woman didn't the fought back to push the guy out of the room & then while struggling to do so they got help and basically saved the kids.  I understood what he said & it made perfect sense to me.   He was empowering to them. 

October 5, 2007, 8:25 pm CDT

This was *classic abuse*

Quote From: flthomcat

Now this is one show I wish I could watch, but a trip to take care of a parent pevents that. SO anxious to see what happened with Jeffrey, Jennifer and the innocent children! HOPEFULLY the intervention of Dr. Phil, his staff and other professionals has made a HUGE difference in the lives of everyone involved (but especially those kids).

Jeffrey was definitely ill, but Jennifer also had HUGE problems that didn't necessary have to do with Jeffrey being the cause. Hopefully other women watching the show will make positive changes in their lives before it is too late for them (or for their children who will drag lots of baggage into their future adult relationships).

THANK YOU, DR. PHIL, for the update. I'll have to check back later to see how the show turned out...

nothing more & nothing less.  She & her children look great now that that abuser is out of the picture.  And actually I think she looks 10 years younger.  Amazing what happens when you're allowed to actually sleep without fear!

October 6, 2007, 5:13 am CDT

Follow-ups

I know Jennifer and her children and they are so much better off now that they are away from that crazy man. He has done as little as possible to take care of his children but that is alright. They will know that some day. All that matters now is that she is doing great and so are the kids. I'ts so nice to see them all smile and have fun. Jennifer is a wonderful and Loving Mother to those children. I know she will never be completly free from him because of the children but once the divorce is final she will beable to really move on. I know she will meet someone that she will be happy with. With her move away she is where she feels safe and thats what really matters now.

October 6, 2007, 7:09 am CDT

10/05 Follow-Ups

That was a great show! It was good to see that the deafblind girls and their family are doing better.

Thank you for the update!

October 6, 2007, 7:14 am CDT

Followups

Throughout most emotional episodes of Dr. Phil I am a little weepy.  I will honestly tell you that I BAWLED through the entire hour of this show.  What an amazing transformation for all of these people.  I know that a lot of people think that the subject matter on the show is sensationlized to make it "tv friendly" and that may be true, but the message is still the same, and people are still getting help.  I was so touched to see the outpouring of support for the parents of the deaf-blind triplets, and I hope that Dr. Phil does many more follow up shows to reunite us with the most compelling stories we have seen.

October 6, 2007, 10:26 am CDT

10/05 Follow-Ups

I was very happy to see everyone doing so well on the show yesterday, especially the little deaf-blind triplets!!! I am glad that they are making progress. I was a little let down though, that we didn't get to see all of the guests from the House of Hatred. I particularly wanted to see John, to see if he stuck with the program and lost weight.

October 6, 2007, 10:41 am CDT

friday's show

I am so glad that Jennifer was able to break free from that monster she was married to. He was toxic not only to her but to the kids as well. I wish her the best. That teen with the mental issues was out there but I am glad she was able to get help with her problems I hope she stays better. The blind deaf triplets was a sad story. I am glad their parents was able to find someone to help them get the girls the help they needed. That OCD lady who was washing everything was wild too. I hope she can get help for her troubles. Then that family who was attacked in their own home was a horror story. I am glad they are moving past what happened to them so they can move on with thier lives. I loved the way their house got fixed up. I wish all these people the best in their lives and they can move on and be happy.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last