Message Boards

Topic : 10/04 Britney Breaking News

Number of Replies: 274
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, October 02, 2007, 12:32:04 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Since Britney Spears and Kevin Federline split, the pop star's troubles have played out in the tabloids -- photographs at Hollywood hotspots with Paris Hilton, partying without panties, impulsively shaving her head, raging at a car with an umbrella, and spending a month in rehab.  Last month, the judge ordered the pop star to undergo random drug and alcohol testing twice a week as part of her ongoing custody battle with Federline.  Then what was supposed to be a comeback MTV Video Music Awards performance made Britney the butt of endless jokes, and the following week, her management firm dropped her and her divorce attorney resigned.  And on Monday, Britney hit rock bottom when she was ordered to temporarily relinquish physical custody of her children to Federline by a judge who had cited a troubling lifestyle fueled by drugs and alcohol.  Could Britney be at risk for suicide?  Plus, Dr. Phil will share insight into the Britney story from the inside. And, Spears’ former bodyguard who says he spoke out to protect her children, will tell Dr. Phil what led him to go public. If it's happening now, Dr. Phil is going to talk about it now! Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 3, 2007, 3:44 pm CDT

Nobody's a perfect parent, But she DOES need help

With all this drama, there is one thing for certain & thats that Britney does need to get some help & get her life back on track. I cant believe whats happening to her. I imagine being in the spotlight all the time isnt easy & a lot of people (as we've seen in the media) have trouble staying on the right path during it all, HOWEVER, there ARE celebrities who have the strength to do it & I wish more celebs had that strength.  I feel most badly for her kids, since they are truly the innocent ones in all this. Parenting is definately not easy. I dont have kids of my own yet, but I have a huge family so I'm around children & parents all the time... A lot of younger parents (in my family) as well. Nobody is the PERFECT parent, but there are better parents & in my honest opinion, going out & partying every single weekend & several times during the week until only God knows how long/late, is not a better parent. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone by saying that, thats not my intention, its just how I feel. As far as Kevin Federline being a better parent than Britney... I know lots of people have their doubts, especially how he left Shar Jackson, but Shar HERSELF has said that he's a good dad. So the guy cant be that bad of a parent . But like I said, nobody is the perfect parent & I just really hope Britney is able to get herself together & that these kids dont have to suffer much more.

October 3, 2007, 4:18 pm CDT

Britney Spears

I'm not sure airing Britney's dirty laundry over national tv is going to help matters here.  Dr. Phil really should try and help her without the cameras.  Dr. Phil, I think your throwing another log on the Britney fire.

Please help this young girl without the media!  I am a mother of three who see's  the girl crying out for love.  I don't mean from starry eyed young boys or young girls who idolize her.  Genuine love.  Please help without all the drama.  There's been enough of that already!

October 3, 2007, 5:56 pm CDT

Definitely "Out of Control

Britney has not had time to grow up.  She has been a child star in the Disney entourage and then thrust into the teen "star" world.  Britney has always come across as a spoiled child who gets what she wants when she wants it.  Her parents were split before her fame, and she has not learned how to give love or receive it.  She has already pushed her mother out of the picture (probably because mom tried to help her control herself) and she has no real role model.

Britney needs substantial and "real" help now.  Dr. Phil, I hope if you reach out to her that she accepts your help.  As a parent of two daughters (now grown and successful in their lives), I would hope that you can help her.  What a shame to make two beautiful babies and not care about their well-being.

Concerned mom

October 3, 2007, 6:20 pm CDT

Britney needs help!

I acctually feel sorry for her! She's spiraling out of control!! She definately needs help! I think part of her problem could post pardem! It could also be the stress of her divorce! Even though I think that her divorce was the best thing for her!! Having said all that, she should definately be able to mother her kids! Her kids being taking away is only going to make matters worse!!! What I want to know is has anybody tried to do an intervention with her?

October 3, 2007, 7:23 pm CDT

Britney

I feel that Britney Spears is suffering from Post pardum and that is the reason for the sudden change in her personality since she had her children, I heard on the view that they felt she did not want to be a parent.

I feel that she is scared to be the parent she can be.  I am not a Britney fan but before she had the children her behavior was normal for her age group and I heard that she was a very nice person from people who interviewed her.

It is difficult to have children that close in age.  Dr. Phil maybe you can get her to sit down with you and help this woman, she is suffering but she will not show it to the press.  I feel that her family and ex want her comminted so they can help themselves to her money.

Dr. Phil I bet she would talk to you

October 3, 2007, 9:05 pm CDT

The People who Want to help are Fired!

Quote From: southernbred

I am a recovering addict clean for 18 years. Getting clean is hard for any addict but having to do it in the media  is so wrong. I realize she is a star but people did we learn nothing from the tragedy with Princess Di. Did the pap. ever give a second thought to putting the kids in danger. NO!!!! Instead of taking the kids why if K Fed is such a responsible person did he not try to work with Brit and help her instead of compounding the problem by taking her for a ride getting what he wanted and then taking the kids when he will not be the one to care for them. What kind of man can say he is doing right by his kids if he is not there for there mother. Why could they not stay with Brit and have a nanny take care of them tell me what is the difference.  Why was he not court ordered to take drug tests, where do you think the drugs started.  Brit has done some stupid stuff but should she really be lynched so harshly. There are parents out there using with the kids right in the same room, children dying because they found a parents stash. Other measures could be implimented, what about a court appointed nanny. If you have not walked a mile in her shoes or any addicts shoes do not presume to have a clue about where she is or what she has done. I been there people and yes I put my children through alot, and believe it or not you hate yourself for doing it. Brit is hurting but if she looses the kids it will add to the pain. True enough a certain amount of pain is a motivator but to much pain will cause you to give up. She needs to know that someone still believes in her. And she needs someone to love her through this, not judge her. I am just amazed that people on this site and others can say such cruel things. Anyway enough of my ranting. I would give anything to help her I know the exact hell she has created and now is a prisoner of. DR Phil I am so glad that you are doing this show tomorrow if anyone can reach her you can. Maybe you could even get people to back off a little. GOD BLESS YOU BRITNEY And you too DR Phil.
I think that your comment is sensitive and I wish you continued success in your life!  So many people have tried to help Britney.  Even her immediate family has been unsuccessful.  Her own mom has been "fired."  Lawyers, assistants, nannies,etc have all tried to give good advice to Britney but she is not willing to hear them.  I am sure K-Fed doesn't stand a chance reasoning with her.  We all want to see Britney get help.  She has grown up in front of our eyes and we all want the best for her.  Most of us anyway.

October 3, 2007, 9:09 pm CDT

How about all the Songs?

Quote From: evgray

I think Britney has been spiraling down ever since Justin Timberlake broke the "news" that he and Britney had sex, a long time ago. She is a small-town girl, raised in a Christian home, and I think having that information broken in such a public way sent her to a dark, shameful place. Not that having sex isn't normal behavior, but she was held up as a role model for a long time, and this had to feel like a fall from grace. The drinking, drugging and potentially losing custody of her children is the latest in a long line of behaviors that show the kind of pain she is in.
It can't help Britney that her former love is constantly singing about how she cheated, blew it, etc.  It had to drive Cameron away.  Who wants an ex to be the object of every song?

October 4, 2007, 1:42 am CDT

my opinion

Britney's life is none of our business. There are much bigger issues happening in this world but yet this is what we are talking about. I am married to a soldier and there is way more important things going on here than Britney. It is her business what she does not America's. We really have no right judging what she does. And maybe everything she does is not great but again it's none of our business. She did not do that bad at the awards. A lot of other parents drink around their children as well. So lets not just talk about Britney. A lot of people drive with their kids in their laps and many children are accidently dropped when they are little. And maybe little do people know but there are a lot of parents smoking pot and things with their children in the house so why aren't we talking about that. Basically my point is we don't have the right to judge her or get into her business.

October 4, 2007, 7:06 am CDT

its unfair on her

Ya she hasn't been respondsiablity but fair go could give her a chance to change or get some help

October 4, 2007, 7:07 am CDT

10/04 Britney Breaking News

Quote From: steffiev

I'm not sure airing Britney's dirty laundry over national tv is going to help matters here.  Dr. Phil really should try and help her without the cameras.  Dr. Phil, I think your throwing another log on the Britney fire.

Please help this young girl without the media!  I am a mother of three who see's  the girl crying out for love.  I don't mean from starry eyed young boys or young girls who idolize her.  Genuine love.  Please help without all the drama.  There's been enough of that already!

I agree totally!  I think it's a bit disengenious for Dr. Phil to question the paparazzi concerning their coverage of Britney while he is, for ratings, is adding to Britney's exposure by airing this show. His suicide diagnosis, with no direct contact with the 'patient,' is unethical in my opinion and is only escalating the dialogue. 

I would be more impressed if he offered his services 'behind the scenes' and never reported it. If everyone could get out of Britney's face and business she might be successful in accessing the help she needs, and hopefully could recover without scrutiny of her every move.

I personally do not really believe America is that interested in Britney, or any of the other young, over-exposed, misguided celebritites we see paraded across our various news outlets on a daily basis.  

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last