Message Boards

Topic : 10/04 Britney Breaking News

Number of Replies: 274
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, October 02, 2007, 12:32:04 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Since Britney Spears and Kevin Federline split, the pop star's troubles have played out in the tabloids -- photographs at Hollywood hotspots with Paris Hilton, partying without panties, impulsively shaving her head, raging at a car with an umbrella, and spending a month in rehab.  Last month, the judge ordered the pop star to undergo random drug and alcohol testing twice a week as part of her ongoing custody battle with Federline.  Then what was supposed to be a comeback MTV Video Music Awards performance made Britney the butt of endless jokes, and the following week, her management firm dropped her and her divorce attorney resigned.  And on Monday, Britney hit rock bottom when she was ordered to temporarily relinquish physical custody of her children to Federline by a judge who had cited a troubling lifestyle fueled by drugs and alcohol.  Could Britney be at risk for suicide?  Plus, Dr. Phil will share insight into the Britney story from the inside. And, Spears’ former bodyguard who says he spoke out to protect her children, will tell Dr. Phil what led him to go public. If it's happening now, Dr. Phil is going to talk about it now! Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 4, 2007, 7:12 am CDT

Britney Spears

Dr. Phil,

We have all watched the rapid success that Ms. Spears was put in.  But has anyone talked to her about post-mortom depression?  Her back to back pregnancies could have caused this and why didn't anyone help her.  I watched the body guard talk and why didn't he bring this to light her problems?  Was he job so important that he looked the other way when she was doing this?  And what about her ex-husband?  He, of all people should have come forward way before now.  But I disagree with your guest about Kevin in it for the money.  That is why he married her in the first place!  I agree that she needs help and serious help and not just what  is required by the judge.  I really have to wonder who is out there with her right now and trying to help her not for the money but for the money they can get from here.  Dr. Phil is there any way that maybe you can offer your services to help her.  You out of all the people in the world would do it for your big heart and not for the money she can give her.  You have a terrific family and both you and Robin did a wonderful job raising them.  Maybe you can pass on some of your vast knowledge and frank no-nonsense approach.  I have seen the people you helped and I think maybe you might even be her last chance.  Thank you for you time.   Brenda

October 4, 2007, 7:16 am CDT

10/04 Britney Breaking News

There are so many more important topics that could be covered!

This woman is not the first to lose her children to self mistakes, drug use etc.

I am so tired of hearing over and over again about this grown woman who needs to be accountable for her actions. 

It is true about even bad publicity is better than none. Do people realize that she is even making money off the bad publicity which in turn is helping feed her bad habits and addictions. I think she is so narcissistic that she enjoys this type of limelight!

We have men and woman dying for our country on a daily basis, we have a very important election upon us and children starving and not able to recieve medical treatment in our county and yet America is so interested in such trash!

Shame on us!  For sure I will not be tuned in today!

October 4, 2007, 7:17 am CDT

Britney or Swingers?

Hi Dr. Phil,  I have been waiting for 3 weeks to here Walt and Nita's story about swingers.  I am happy to hear that you are concerned about Britney Spears.  But I am not interested in anymore stories about how she has self destructed,  she is old enough to know the difference between right and wrong and is responsible for her own actions.  When will you discuss swingers so I can be sure to tune in to your show?  I think Britney is old news.  Good luck on helping her but she has to want to be helped.

October 4, 2007, 7:18 am CDT

Quote From: ravensday25

What happened to the Britney that we used to just love? I couldnt believe that she turned out like this. She needs some serious help and i think Dr. Phil is that one that can really get through to her.  I am not quite sure though if Kevin is any better.... or if he is actually going to be any better for the children then Britney has been. I really hope it works out for her, but honestly she doesnt seem to care much at all!!! cant wait to watch tomorrows show!  I love Dr. Phil!!!

I really hope it works out for her, but honestly she doesnt seem to care much at all!!!

I'll second that! She was supposed to appear in court yesterday about her kids, but she was caught riding around in Malibu instead. She's a train wreck if I ever saw one.

October 4, 2007, 7:33 am CDT

I am fed up with this

I am a mother of 3,  they are 37,28 and 24. All 3 have been in my arms at one time or another, and I have stumbled. They have all seen me naked(what mother hasn't had her kids walk in on thier mother in tub, getting dressed or on the toliet.)Not to mention in bed with your spouse.Or in the middle of getting dressed and havilng to run answer the phone or something.These are normal things, why keep bringing  this up! My kids  have all fallen out of high chairs or climbed on things and gotten hurt(minor), I asked all the people I work with and they have all had thier kids(or grandkids) on thier lap while driving at one time or another. I can not imagine her life, the poor kid can't go out of her house without a bunch of photogs  taking her pic. They almost lay on her car they are in front of her car.....where are the police during this, how can anyone drive like this. I thinks she has a very emotional life, starting with her STAGE MOTHER at a young age (she had to have pushed she was so young). She was never told no. And she needs to be loved so badly that she does anything to get it and be reassured, She probably realized K-Fed didn't really love her and got trapped, unloved and  with 2 kids. She lives in a glass bowl. Leave her alone Let her get help and try to live.Where was her mother ...mine would have slapped me silly and said snap out of it !!! If her mother sits by now what happened to her in her young life years ago ???? Everything you are as an adult was started when you were a child or because of something that happened when you were a child.I am not saying she doesn't have problems, but a fishbowl life ...a man who doesn't love you  and 2 kids in 2 years.... come on now thats hard to deal with......

October 4, 2007, 7:34 am CDT

Britney

It is sad that we are more preocupied with Britney's trials and tribulations than more important things going on in our world,and hey I'm just as guilty about reading and watching about Britney than the next person.But  it is so sad with someone with all that money and fame is going down the drain so fast.To think she could choise a differant path reinvent herself once she is clean and launch a new career in childrens clothing or whatever,if she gets it together and gets her kids back.I hope she does get it together for the sake of the kids,and I hope Kevin provides the boys with a safe loving enviroment.

October 4, 2007, 7:50 am CDT

Quote From: whybella

I am a mother of 3,  they are 37,28 and 24. All 3 have been in my arms at one time or another, and I have stumbled. They have all seen me naked(what mother hasn't had her kids walk in on thier mother in tub, getting dressed or on the toliet.)Not to mention in bed with your spouse.Or in the middle of getting dressed and havilng to run answer the phone or something.These are normal things, why keep bringing  this up! My kids  have all fallen out of high chairs or climbed on things and gotten hurt(minor), I asked all the people I work with and they have all had thier kids(or grandkids) on thier lap while driving at one time or another. I can not imagine her life, the poor kid can't go out of her house without a bunch of photogs  taking her pic. They almost lay on her car they are in front of her car.....where are the police during this, how can anyone drive like this. I thinks she has a very emotional life, starting with her STAGE MOTHER at a young age (she had to have pushed she was so young). She was never told no. And she needs to be loved so badly that she does anything to get it and be reassured, She probably realized K-Fed didn't really love her and got trapped, unloved and  with 2 kids. She lives in a glass bowl. Leave her alone Let her get help and try to live.Where was her mother ...mine would have slapped me silly and said snap out of it !!! If her mother sits by now what happened to her in her young life years ago ???? Everything you are as an adult was started when you were a child or because of something that happened when you were a child.I am not saying she doesn't have problems, but a fishbowl life ...a man who doesn't love you  and 2 kids in 2 years.... come on now thats hard to deal with......
I'm also a mother of 3, they are 33, 31 and 19. But they haven't seen me naked that I know of. I kept the doors shut when in the bath or in bed. But I will confess with my 2 older ones I too had them on my lap while I was a passenger, but NEVER while I drove. When I learned better my youngest ALWAYS rode in her car seat. When she was too old for that, she was ALWAYS buckled in the back seat before we left our drive. Britney should have known better than that and there is NO EXCUSE. Where I live you are NOT ALLOWED to take your newborn home without a proper car seat. She uses the excuse she's country. Well so what, I am too. Her real reason is that she's just plain irresponsible and selfish. She's 25 years old now, and it's time she grew up and faces her responsibilities.

October 4, 2007, 7:51 am CDT

You mean Post Partum Depression

Quote From: woundedknee43

Dr. Phil,

We have all watched the rapid success that Ms. Spears was put in.  But has anyone talked to her about post-mortom depression?  Her back to back pregnancies could have caused this and why didn't anyone help her.  I watched the body guard talk and why didn't he bring this to light her problems?  Was he job so important that he looked the other way when she was doing this?  And what about her ex-husband?  He, of all people should have come forward way before now.  But I disagree with your guest about Kevin in it for the money.  That is why he married her in the first place!  I agree that she needs help and serious help and not just what  is required by the judge.  I really have to wonder who is out there with her right now and trying to help her not for the money but for the money they can get from here.  Dr. Phil is there any way that maybe you can offer your services to help her.  You out of all the people in the world would do it for your big heart and not for the money she can give her.  You have a terrific family and both you and Robin did a wonderful job raising them.  Maybe you can pass on some of your vast knowledge and frank no-nonsense approach.  I have seen the people you helped and I think maybe you might even be her last chance.  Thank you for you time.   Brenda

I am in total agreement that Britney is probably having a post PARTUM depression (or post partum psychosis.)  Not to embarass you but post mortem means "after death."  Hopefully we will not have to hear about her post mortem.

October 4, 2007, 7:52 am CDT

In defense of Britney

I think if you want to help Britney you try to talk to her face to face and not while she is not there.No one likes to be raked over the coals when they are not there. I didnt think you wold ever do that. If you want to help her , go to her in person and offer your help

October 4, 2007, 7:56 am CDT

She deserves help like anyone else!!

Quote From: spritzy

There are so many more important topics that could be covered!

This woman is not the first to lose her children to self mistakes, drug use etc.

I am so tired of hearing over and over again about this grown woman who needs to be accountable for her actions. 

It is true about even bad publicity is better than none. Do people realize that she is even making money off the bad publicity which in turn is helping feed her bad habits and addictions. I think she is so narcissistic that she enjoys this type of limelight!

We have men and woman dying for our country on a daily basis, we have a very important election upon us and children starving and not able to recieve medical treatment in our county and yet America is so interested in such trash!

Shame on us!  For sure I will not be tuned in today!

Why would you tune in to hear any one get help?  Britney is in dire need of an intervention or she could end up killing herself intentionally or accidently.  Her kids deserve a healthy mother.  If her name was Jane Doe and she had the same problems you would tune in.  Dr. Phil gives help to celebs and non celebs.  This show will have no impact on the war or the election.  Hopefully it will impact the young girls who used to look up to Britney.  Hopefully it will impact Britney.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last