Message Boards

Topic : 10/04 Britney Breaking News

Number of Replies: 274
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, October 02, 2007, 12:32:04 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Since Britney Spears and Kevin Federline split, the pop star's troubles have played out in the tabloids -- photographs at Hollywood hotspots with Paris Hilton, partying without panties, impulsively shaving her head, raging at a car with an umbrella, and spending a month in rehab.  Last month, the judge ordered the pop star to undergo random drug and alcohol testing twice a week as part of her ongoing custody battle with Federline.  Then what was supposed to be a comeback MTV Video Music Awards performance made Britney the butt of endless jokes, and the following week, her management firm dropped her and her divorce attorney resigned.  And on Monday, Britney hit rock bottom when she was ordered to temporarily relinquish physical custody of her children to Federline by a judge who had cited a troubling lifestyle fueled by drugs and alcohol.  Could Britney be at risk for suicide?  Plus, Dr. Phil will share insight into the Britney story from the inside. And, Spears’ former bodyguard who says he spoke out to protect her children, will tell Dr. Phil what led him to go public. If it's happening now, Dr. Phil is going to talk about it now! Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 4, 2007, 8:03 am CDT

10/04 Britney Breaking News

Quote From: whybella

I am a mother of 3,  they are 37,28 and 24. All 3 have been in my arms at one time or another, and I have stumbled. They have all seen me naked(what mother hasn't had her kids walk in on thier mother in tub, getting dressed or on the toliet.)Not to mention in bed with your spouse.Or in the middle of getting dressed and havilng to run answer the phone or something.These are normal things, why keep bringing  this up! My kids  have all fallen out of high chairs or climbed on things and gotten hurt(minor), I asked all the people I work with and they have all had thier kids(or grandkids) on thier lap while driving at one time or another. I can not imagine her life, the poor kid can't go out of her house without a bunch of photogs  taking her pic. They almost lay on her car they are in front of her car.....where are the police during this, how can anyone drive like this. I thinks she has a very emotional life, starting with her STAGE MOTHER at a young age (she had to have pushed she was so young). She was never told no. And she needs to be loved so badly that she does anything to get it and be reassured, She probably realized K-Fed didn't really love her and got trapped, unloved and  with 2 kids. She lives in a glass bowl. Leave her alone Let her get help and try to live.Where was her mother ...mine would have slapped me silly and said snap out of it !!! If her mother sits by now what happened to her in her young life years ago ???? Everything you are as an adult was started when you were a child or because of something that happened when you were a child.I am not saying she doesn't have problems, but a fishbowl life ...a man who doesn't love you  and 2 kids in 2 years.... come on now thats hard to deal with......

I am a mother of 3,  they are 37,28 and 24. All 3 have been in my arms at one time or another, and I have stumbled

I should have asked, " When you stumbled were you also carrying a drink in one hand like she was?" Could have been just water, but somehow I don't think so.

October 4, 2007, 8:08 am CDT

Britney

I am a mother of 3,  they are 37,28 and 24. All 3 have been in my arms at one time or another, and I have stumbled. They have all seen me naked(what mother hasn't had her kids walk in on thier mother in tub, getting dressed or on the toliet.)Not to mention in bed with your spouse.Or in the middle of getting dressed and havilng to run answer the phone or something.These are normal things, why keep bringing  this up! My kids  have all fallen out of high chairs or climbed on things and gotten hurt(minor), I asked all the people I work with and they have all had thier kids(or grandkids) on thier lap while driving at one time or another. I can not imagine her life, the poor kid can't go out of her house without a bunch of photogs  taking her pic. They almost lay on her car they are in front of her car.....where are the police during this, how can anyone drive like this. I thinks she has a very emotional life, starting with her STAGE MOTHER at a young age (she had to have pushed she was so young). She was never told no. And she needs to be loved so badly that she does anything to get it and be reassured, She probably realized K-Fed didn't really love her and got trapped, unloved and  with 2 kids. She lives in a glass bowl. Leave her alone Let her get help and try to live.Where was her mother ...mine would have slapped me silly and said snap out of it !!! If her mother sits by now what happened to her in her young life years ago ???? Everything you are as an adult was started when you were a child or because of something that happened when you were a child.I am not saying she doesn't have problems, but a fishbowl life ...a man who doesn't love you  and 2 kids in 2 years.... come on now thats hard to deal with......
I really think Britney needs help.  Has anyone looked into her having post partum depresssion.  Her marriage then two children may have been just more than she could handle.  Someone needs to look into this.  No wonder this happened. 

October 4, 2007, 8:12 am CDT

I so agree with you. I have 2 kids that are my life. I don't drink, smoke or run around with no underwear on or show my breasts to strangers but if I wanted to and my kids weren't with me then that is my right.  I also don't know a person that hasn't had their kids out after 10:00 pm eating or whatever. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I believe that she is overdoing it but how does the paparazzi or anyone else expect her to drive the right way on a road when she can't even see the road from the flashbulbs. I think the paparazzi is just as irresponsible and I also think that they are endangering her and her kids by following, chasing and infringing on her and  her kids personal space. Britney needs someone in her life that she can trust without the fear of them "selling" thier story. She needs to go rest get counceling, get out of the limelight and do whatever it takes to get those babies back.  Since when is Kevin a positive role model. Every picture of him he is throwing gang sign or whatever he is doing with his hands. IF he is really doing right good for him but someone needs to make sure he is doing right and taking care of his kids!!!  We all want to know the story on these people but don't put them in danger doing so... Look what happened to Princess Dianna.

October 4, 2007, 8:19 am CDT

Britt and bipolar

I think Britney has bipolar disorder as  being bipolar myself yes she should be put ina mental instution

until she learns how to to be a good person instead of a partying idiot that she is and gets her act together

and as I learned killing yourself isn't the answer you have to accept resonpsbility head on and point plank.

October 4, 2007, 8:55 am CDT

poor brit

You know everyone keeps making a big deal, which is a bid deal, out of the way she has reacted to losing her kids but I also think for Britney it might be a releif knowing that she can't accidentally hurt them.  I am a mother of 2 myself and I know sometimes I make really crappy choices but in my heart of hearts I know that I am the best for them.  Maybe in here heart of hearts she knows she's not.  (At least right now anyway)

October 4, 2007, 8:57 am CDT

It's not too late

Dr. Phil,

My Mother has been addicted to drugs and alchol for 30 of the 49 years she has been alive.  I wish at some point in my childhood someone would have stepped forward and removed my brothers and me.  Perhaps that would have sent her a message.  If she would have quit at Britney's age we would never have known how bad her situation was, and would have suffered substantially less.  My Mother is currently in prison and has missed out on the last six years of our lives.  She's missed graduations, marriages, and the births of nearly all her grandchildren.  It is very tragic.

I hope in time Britney can see how fortunate it is for her and her children that someone cared enough to take her boys away NOW and say enough.  It's far from too late for her.  I hope for a day when she can look back on all this as a distant memory and be thankful she has come so far.  I know she can pull through, I pray for her every day.

October 4, 2007, 9:17 am CDT

I feel really bad for Brittany. Unfortunately we all make mistakes and hers are seen by the whole world. I find it interesting that some feel that Kfed is a better parent forgetting that he walked out on his other kids. Of course, he left Brittany with the children at home and went parting for weeks at the time as well. He want these children so that he can get child support from Brittany; lord knows he doesn't have any talent. He says that he will keep them away from the media but that is only because no one cares enough about him to stalk him. Brittany did not seem to have any of the current extreme drinking and drug problems until she was with him. Perhaps he should have the kids taken away due to his past of leading others astray. Should some one like that really have the kids? This is comparable to Bobby Brown leading Whitney Houston astray and then pointing out her faults.

Yes, Brittany is her own worse enemy but please do not attempt to nominate Kfed for father of the year for helping Brittany over the edge.

October 4, 2007, 9:23 am CDT

Bipolar?

Quote From: marciaj

I think Britney has bipolar disorder as  being bipolar myself yes she should be put ina mental instution

until she learns how to to be a good person instead of a partying idiot that she is and gets her act together

and as I learned killing yourself isn't the answer you have to accept resonpsbility head on and point plank.

I am also bipolar but am by all accounts a good and loving mother. If she is, she needs help. She should get it but not necessarily be institutionalized. I am somewhat appalled that you feel that it is the only answer. I don't think she is bipolar but rather is suffering from postpartum deppression and doesn't feel that she can trust those around her.

October 4, 2007, 9:52 am CDT

Britney didn't have to be in court yesterday

Quote From: cissie88

I really hope it works out for her, but honestly she doesnt seem to care much at all!!!

I'll second that! She was supposed to appear in court yesterday about her kids, but she was caught riding around in Malibu instead. She's a train wreck if I ever saw one.

she didnt have to be there...just Kevin...Britney WILL get through this....she's an awesome person and she just needs to get back on track and she will ; )

October 4, 2007, 10:03 am CDT

kEVIN AND BRITNEY

I truly believe Kevin married Britney to keep from being poor, TO BOOST HIS CAREER.  I believe Britney marry Kevin to say that she took Kevin from a black women: Saying " I TOOK YOUR MAN."  But in fact Britney, you got took.  The man told you all along that he did not love you. Britney, you do not desire to lose your children. My heart goes out to you.  Britney, do not give up.  When Satan say yes, this is when you thank God.  Every time Satan say yes, you thank God.  Believe me, this works.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last