Message Boards

Topic : 10/04 Britney Breaking News

Number of Replies: 274
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, October 02, 2007, 12:32:04 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Since Britney Spears and Kevin Federline split, the pop star's troubles have played out in the tabloids -- photographs at Hollywood hotspots with Paris Hilton, partying without panties, impulsively shaving her head, raging at a car with an umbrella, and spending a month in rehab.  Last month, the judge ordered the pop star to undergo random drug and alcohol testing twice a week as part of her ongoing custody battle with Federline.  Then what was supposed to be a comeback MTV Video Music Awards performance made Britney the butt of endless jokes, and the following week, her management firm dropped her and her divorce attorney resigned.  And on Monday, Britney hit rock bottom when she was ordered to temporarily relinquish physical custody of her children to Federline by a judge who had cited a troubling lifestyle fueled by drugs and alcohol.  Could Britney be at risk for suicide?  Plus, Dr. Phil will share insight into the Britney story from the inside. And, Spears’ former bodyguard who says he spoke out to protect her children, will tell Dr. Phil what led him to go public. If it's happening now, Dr. Phil is going to talk about it now! Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 4, 2007, 10:05 am CDT

Britney Blah Blah

I am so sick of hearing people make excuses for Britney Spears. She is a spoiled brat who wants everything right now! When people make the excuse "post-partum" for her recent behavior, give me a break! I have 2 kids who are 13 months apart and I am not doing any of the stupid things she is doing. I think Britney thought that life was going to be all hunky-dory after she got married and then wooo she got knocked up, yeah! Life is hard no matter how you're living it. Britney needs someone to kick her in the butt and get her really going. I think Britney is too selfish to have those kids. She never should have had babies.  She was not ready by a country mile.

I am also country and I have NEVER had my kids out of their car seat, I know that they are safer there than anywhere else in the car. I would rather have my kids with a bruise on their chest from a car seat strap than have to scrape them off the road! I hope for the best with Britney, but who is really looking out for those babies? KEVIN FEDERLINE! Yeah, right, let's ask Shar Jackson how good of a daddy K-Fed is. Those kids need a guardian at lidem. Someone who doesn't care about who these kids' parents are but that the kids are cared for PROPERLY!!!

October 4, 2007, 10:15 am CDT

Seeya!!

Quote From: indyhiker

Hi Dr. Phil,  I have been waiting for 3 weeks to here Walt and Nita's story about swingers.  I am happy to hear that you are concerned about Britney Spears.  But I am not interested in anymore stories about how she has self destructed,  she is old enough to know the difference between right and wrong and is responsible for her own actions.  When will you discuss swingers so I can be sure to tune in to your show?  I think Britney is old news.  Good luck on helping her but she has to want to be helped.
I won't miss the show on swingers.  I am thrilled to have that show cut out of the line up.  Don't bother airing it. 

October 4, 2007, 10:16 am CDT

10/04 Britney Breaking News

Quote From: davia77

she didnt have to be there...just Kevin...Britney WILL get through this....she's an awesome person and she just needs to get back on track and she will ; )
Maybe she didn"t HAVE to be there but if she really want's to be taken seriously about her kids she SHOULD have been there.

October 4, 2007, 10:27 am CDT

Enough is enough!

She's a grown woman, making childish decisions. She refuses any help she's had offered. Any "normal", "blue collar" parent would have CPS down their throats months ago! She has let her

so-called fame get to her head.   Britney.......wake up......your not "all that,and a bag of chips"!

Get your act together, go to re-hab, get therapy..take parenting classes...otherwise you will NEVER

get your kids back............and all you'll have left is your lipsyncing, and sorry, but you need help on that too!

October 4, 2007, 10:31 am CDT

i'm really sad that Britney has to be under the camera 24/7.....Britney is a good mommy and maybe she is going through some hard times right now but people are making a huge deal out of it. she is human and its sad  her every move is being watched....poor gal cant even pick her nose without someone making a headline saying "britney put drugs up her nose" when all she was doing was picking a lil boogy LOL ..GET OVER IT PEOPLE.....Britney will be fine and she will get her boys back soon......and 1 more thing... Kevin is making such a big deal about getting Jayden and Sean but is he ever with his other 2 kids by Shar Jackson??
I would suppose people are making a big deal out of it is because putting your children in jeopardy is A BIG DEAL!!!! Save all your sadness for the people who really deserve it.

October 4, 2007, 10:46 am CDT

Skitzo or not?

My husband and I have a friend that did drugs all through his teenage years and then some.  He has been sober for 2 years now but recently has been diagnosed as a Skitzo.  The doctors are saying that  all of the drug use and all of his life experiences has brought it out in him.  So to my understanding their saying he's always had it but until something triggered it in his brain noone would have ever known.  So in my opinion her actions have been very similar to our friend.  She went through a lot within 2 years and anyone who has been pregnant knows your never the same afterward.  I hope for the best for Britney as I think we all do.  To us her life has been very successful and full but maybe for her it's very lonely and empty.  Think about that!!

October 4, 2007, 11:25 am CDT

I SUPPORT BRITNEY 100%

Quote From: cissie88

I would suppose people are making a big deal out of it is because putting your children in jeopardy is A BIG DEAL!!!! Save all your sadness for the people who really deserve it.

Britney does deserve sadness and i will have it for her if i feel like it..thx u....BRITNEY IS HUMAM she will make mistake in her life JUST LIKE YOU AND EVERYONE IN THE WORLD its just she's under a microscope and ppl suck it up to put britney down.....she has my support 100%

LOVE YA BRIT....i've got ur back ; )

October 4, 2007, 11:48 am CDT

Britney is sad and lonely and i feel sorry for her and her children. She is constantly followed and photographed. Every detail of her life is exposed to the world. I know people will say, well, she's a celebrity! But don't you think they(the media) has gone alittle too far. Give her a chance to breathe. I don't agree with her recent behavior. She needs to quickly grow up and tend to her mental health problems or she will lose everything-her family,her career, her self respect. It's sad.

October 4, 2007, 11:56 am CDT

Britney does deserve sadness and i will have it for her if i feel like it..thx u....BRITNEY IS HUMAM she will make mistake in her life JUST LIKE YOU AND EVERYONE IN THE WORLD its just she's under a microscope and ppl suck it up to put britney down.....she has my support 100%

LOVE YA BRIT....i've got ur back ; )

You know as human beings it is easy to sit back and judge people for what they do, what they look like, how they dress, ect. and of course there are worse things in the world than Brit and her drama but for someone to say she doesn't deserve simpathy that's a very rude and a cold thing to say.  I do feel very sad for all the things she is enduring right now even if she did bring it on herself.  The girl needs a good role model, maybe some medication if there is chemical embalance in her brain, and whole lot of love from someone that won't leave her when the going gets rough.  Love and Prayers Brit hang in there!!!

October 4, 2007, 12:02 pm CDT

Clearly Needs Help

The axioms "actions speak louder than words" and "a photograph is worth a thousands words" more than fit this sad situation.  What we have been hearing and seeing about this very talented young person in recent months describes the slow-motion fall of a troubled post-adolescent with substance abuse problems; not a mature and responsible professional woman, wife and mother. Marriage and children do not automatically confer maturity adulthood on anyone, but especially on self-absorbed entertainers who have too much success too soon, and who lack the education, experience and perspective to manage their personal and professional lives competently. 

IMO Ms. Spears' multimillion dollar empire has rendered her family, sycophant "friends" and employees unable and/or unwilling to stand up to her and get her to face her problems head-on. I hope that someone like Dr. Phil will be able to reach her in time to save herself, her children and her career before they disappear for good.  My prayers are with her.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last