Message Boards

Topic : 10/04 Britney Breaking News

Number of Replies: 274
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, October 02, 2007, 12:32:04 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Since Britney Spears and Kevin Federline split, the pop star's troubles have played out in the tabloids -- photographs at Hollywood hotspots with Paris Hilton, partying without panties, impulsively shaving her head, raging at a car with an umbrella, and spending a month in rehab.  Last month, the judge ordered the pop star to undergo random drug and alcohol testing twice a week as part of her ongoing custody battle with Federline.  Then what was supposed to be a comeback MTV Video Music Awards performance made Britney the butt of endless jokes, and the following week, her management firm dropped her and her divorce attorney resigned.  And on Monday, Britney hit rock bottom when she was ordered to temporarily relinquish physical custody of her children to Federline by a judge who had cited a troubling lifestyle fueled by drugs and alcohol.  Could Britney be at risk for suicide?  Plus, Dr. Phil will share insight into the Britney story from the inside. And, Spears’ former bodyguard who says he spoke out to protect her children, will tell Dr. Phil what led him to go public. If it's happening now, Dr. Phil is going to talk about it now! Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 2, 2007, 10:04 pm CDT

Britney

Thank you for trying to get help for Britney Spears.  As a mom I can't imagine what her mom Lynne is going through.  Britney behaves like she is mentally ill and in need of mental help.  We don't get mad at diabetics for having a pancreas disorder or MI patients for having a heart condition.  However, when it comes to disorders of the brain we tend to see people who suffer as flawed.  I am praying that she gets the help she needs before she kills herself and her poor babies are motherless!

October 3, 2007, 6:39 am CDT

What's the real question

The question should not be "Does she deserve to lose her children"? The real question is "Does she deserve to keep her children"? People seem to think that parenting is a "right". I disagree. It is a privilege and an honor. God gives to us a precious untainted soul to mold into a loving and productive adult. When our lifestyle and choices scar that child, someone should step in whether it be a friend or family member or in this case of true danger, the authorities. My heart goes out to Brittney and her family and especially her children but I cannot see where the judge had any choice but to do what he did. Unfortunately for her, her mistakes are broadcast everywhere. That's the price of  celebrity. However, it is good for the children that their mother's neglect and bad choices have not been swept under the rug allowing these kids to pay a horrible price for the rest of their lives. I truly hope that Brittney gets the help she needs to be a good parent and a happier person. We all need a little help now and then. I hope that her pride doesn't get in the way of receiving help.

October 3, 2007, 10:29 am CDT

To DrPhil

Okay I feel for Britney's two babies, and I think it was time someone stepped in to try and get them to a safe environment. That being said, I don't want to watch your ENTIRE program devoted to this young woman. If you feel the need to help her do it in PRIVATE. Most of us have had quite enough of Britney, Paris , Lindsay and all the other self-absorbed celebrities. While I wish no misfortune to happen to any of them, I really DON'T CARE to see or hear about their problems any more.

October 3, 2007, 12:31 pm CDT

Get Over It

i'm really sad that Britney has to be under the camera 24/7.....Britney is a good mommy and maybe she is going through some hard times right now but people are making a huge deal out of it. she is human and its sad  her every move is being watched....poor gal cant even pick her nose without someone making a headline saying "britney put drugs up her nose" when all she was doing was picking a lil boogy LOL ..GET OVER IT PEOPLE.....Britney will be fine and she will get her boys back soon......and 1 more thing... Kevin is making such a big deal about getting Jayden and Sean but is he ever with his other 2 kids by Shar Jackson??

October 3, 2007, 1:59 pm CDT

Is The Judicial System Working For Britney

My problem with Britney's son's being taken away is the reason that the judge placed this decision on his order.  No doubt, Britney is out of control but to remove her children on the basics that he did - no drivers license and not taking a drug and alcohol test.  Yes, she did not do what he ordered her to do but is that a reason to remove the children.  You would think that it would have had to be because she was mistreating her children, neglect or various charges of not being a good mother.  Not obeying the order should have resulted in other punishment but not the removal of her children.  No doubt she probably will get her children back with all the money that she has at her disposal right along with the problems that this seperation will do to their family.  This just shows me again and again and again how broken our judicial system is and just how much power that one man(the Judge) has over us all.  WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 3, 2007, 1:59 pm CDT

long-term problems

I think Britney has been spiraling down ever since Justin Timberlake broke the "news" that he and Britney had sex, a long time ago. She is a small-town girl, raised in a Christian home, and I think having that information broken in such a public way sent her to a dark, shameful place. Not that having sex isn't normal behavior, but she was held up as a role model for a long time, and this had to feel like a fall from grace. The drinking, drugging and potentially losing custody of her children is the latest in a long line of behaviors that show the kind of pain she is in.

October 3, 2007, 2:00 pm CDT

Here's what I think ...

How does everyone know Britney Spears is such a bad mother? This opinion is based only on her behavior when she is out and not with her children.... because the cameras are not on her 24/7 in her home when she is interacting with her two boys. Kevin Federline, stand up guy all of the sudden because the PUBLIC OPINION decides it? I'm not saying she is a good mother, I don't know. The point is no one knows becasue they are not privy to what goes on behind closed doors.

October 3, 2007, 2:11 pm CDT

I am really surprised by all this

What happened to the Britney that we used to just love? I couldnt believe that she turned out like this. She needs some serious help and i think Dr. Phil is that one that can really get through to her.  I am not quite sure though if Kevin is any better.... or if he is actually going to be any better for the children then Britney has been. I really hope it works out for her, but honestly she doesnt seem to care much at all!!! cant wait to watch tomorrows show!  I love Dr. Phil!!!

October 3, 2007, 3:05 pm CDT

WHAT IS FAIR

I am a recovering addict clean for 18 years. Getting clean is hard for any addict but having to do it in the media  is so wrong. I realize she is a star but people did we learn nothing from the tragedy with Princess Di. Did the pap. ever give a second thought to putting the kids in danger. NO!!!! Instead of taking the kids why if K Fed is such a responsible person did he not try to work with Brit and help her instead of compounding the problem by taking her for a ride getting what he wanted and then taking the kids when he will not be the one to care for them. What kind of man can say he is doing right by his kids if he is not there for there mother. Why could they not stay with Brit and have a nanny take care of them tell me what is the difference.  Why was he not court ordered to take drug tests, where do you think the drugs started.  Brit has done some stupid stuff but should she really be lynched so harshly. There are parents out there using with the kids right in the same room, children dying because they found a parents stash. Other measures could be implimented, what about a court appointed nanny. If you have not walked a mile in her shoes or any addicts shoes do not presume to have a clue about where she is or what she has done. I been there people and yes I put my children through alot, and believe it or not you hate yourself for doing it. Brit is hurting but if she looses the kids it will add to the pain. True enough a certain amount of pain is a motivator but to much pain will cause you to give up. She needs to know that someone still believes in her. And she needs someone to love her through this, not judge her. I am just amazed that people on this site and others can say such cruel things. Anyway enough of my ranting. I would give anything to help her I know the exact hell she has created and now is a prisoner of. DR Phil I am so glad that you are doing this show tomorrow if anyone can reach her you can. Maybe you could even get people to back off a little. GOD BLESS YOU BRITNEY And you too DR Phil.

October 3, 2007, 3:33 pm CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Break Brit Doctor King News Ney Phil.  Doctor Phil I think Britney sure got away and not have---

cosstdy of her kids aat all also Briney sure go to jail after what she did. Doctor Phil I think you--

sure help Britney Spear and talk to her about loosing her childrens aswell. See you Friday------

October 5th, 2007. Sincerley Your. Russell

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last