Message Boards

Topic : 06/20 Frankie and Gwen

Number of Replies: 129
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 05, 2007, 11:16:21 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/08/07) Going through a divorce is tough enough, but imagine going through a second divorce with the same person. Meet Frankie and Gwen, a couple whose roller coaster relationship involves twists and turns like you’ve never seen! While dating, Gwen got pregnant, so the couple decided to get married. After less than two years of marriage, they filed for divorce. When Gwen discovered she was pregnant again, they reconciled and stopped the divorce. After Frankie did a secret DNA test and discovered their first child wasn’t his, he filed for divorce a second time. Although this divorce was finalized, Gwen says she wants to remarry Frankie because, despite all the drama, she still loves him and wants to remain a family. Frankie says there is no way he’s going to marry Gwen just to pay for a third divorce. So why is this couple still living together and calling each other husband and wife? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 8, 2007, 5:43 pm CDT

I can relate!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going through the same thing i understand them to the fulliest . And  i  think they need to let it go  but it is a hard situation.

October 8, 2007, 5:52 pm CDT

Sticks and Stones

Quote From: happy987

Frankie & Gwen really need help.  I hope that Gwen can stand up to Frankie.  She really does not deserve to be treated with such disrespect.  Frankie really needs to set up and be a man.  He thinks he is so smart but any intelligent man or women would not be so disrespectful as to call anyone stupid.  By doing those types of name calling and being such a degrading person it truly shows how unintelligent he really is.  I hope the best for Gwen and Frankie.  It will take the two of them to overcome their differences. 
Is it the name calling that has most of the people on this board upset?  OK, it is not nice to say "you're stupid."  We all learned that in Kindergarten.  How about Frankie curled up on the floor crying because he just found out that the child he adored was not his?  I hope they can work it out too but I have a different perspective than you.  Gwen is not a victim here.

October 8, 2007, 6:05 pm CDT

10/08 Frankie and Gwen

Well, I just enjoyed seeing Gwen get exactly the treatment she deserves for all her lies and cheating ways.  She started it, and it looks like he's going to finish.  I thought it was hilarious watching her assume that she had an ounce of decency going for herself.  She's the pits.  I hope Frankie moves on to someone decent - any color,  I don't care.

October 8, 2007, 6:28 pm CDT

He's right, at least partially.

Frankie is right.  Gwen is crazy.  There is no other explanation for her staying with him.  She's certainly no saint, but the way he treats her and talks to her and about her is inexcusable.   He also seems to be incapable of being monogamous.   Of course, that seems almost to be an acceptable part of this couple's relationship or at least not a dealbreaker.

He's wrong about her being the stupid one though.  For him to go on national TV and admit that he is a police officer fostering relationships with women he encounters during enforcement stops was incredibly stupid.  I hope his agency investigates this further and takes action against him if warranted.  I suspect there will be others and we don't need officers like him out on the street. 

October 8, 2007, 6:49 pm CDT

Are we a group of men haters here??

Quote From: cojlisa

Frankie is right.  Gwen is crazy.  There is no other explanation for her staying with him.  She's certainly no saint, but the way he treats her and talks to her and about her is inexcusable.   He also seems to be incapable of being monogamous.   Of course, that seems almost to be an acceptable part of this couple's relationship or at least not a dealbreaker.

He's wrong about her being the stupid one though.  For him to go on national TV and admit that he is a police officer fostering relationships with women he encounters during enforcement stops was incredibly stupid.  I hope his agency investigates this further and takes action against him if warranted.  I suspect there will be others and we don't need officers like him out on the street. 

Again, I hate to keep repeating myself here.  Is Gwen the woman that we would choose as poster child for abused women?  NO SAINT?  She had a proven affair- proven with DNA, not her own acknowledgement.  She makes allegations that he did too (after finding out that his beloved son was not his child.)  He was crushed by this woman.  Talk about emotional abuse.  INCAPABLE of being monogamous?  He had to test his 3rd child to be sure it was his.  Who is incapable of monogamy here?  What planet am I on?

October 8, 2007, 6:51 pm CDT

10/08 Frankie and Gwen

Hi, I've just signed on here and this is my first message....  Watching that show tonight was a trip!  Neither one would SHUT UP long enough to hear anyone else but him/herself talking.  The good doctor could barely get a word in edgewise.  Both of these individuals would drive me right out of the house - I can't imagine why they continue to live under the same roof, now that they are divorced.  I can see how Gwen's laid the guilt-trip on Frankie to stay (financial), and can certainly understand that fear - especially with small children to provide a home for.  But the way they relate to eachother at this point is distructive and completely wrong, not helping the kids' feelings of 'safe family life' whatsoever.  Frankie comes across as a smug know-it-all with an explination for everything - even if it's blowing smoke.  Gwen is a control freak in her own right just by her constant blabbering.  The kids' heads must be spinning.  I feel sorry for them, they must feel like the house is a life-sized pinball game and they are the balls.

October 8, 2007, 7:07 pm CDT

The world according to cops...

Why is everyone so surprised by Frankie?  He's a cop.  Every woman who has ever been married to a guy in law enforcement knows that when he does not agree with you, he calls you crazy.   

Here are the rules of life if you are married to a cop:

1.  He is always right.

2.  Everything in the world is black or white....there are no gray areas.  (Oh, and they determine what is right and what is wrong).

3.  The rules don't apply to them.  They can do whatever they want and their "brothers in law enforcement" will protect them.  (My ex was so drunk one night, he had a bad accident on the interstate.  The cop brought him home but, of course, there was no ticket and nothing more was said).

4.  They can be disarmingly charming to everyone else but behind closed doors they are demeaning and controlling.

5.  Cops are never capable of trust.  You may not deserve trust at the moment but for 10 years I was accused of having affairs when it absolutely was NOT true...

I see some of what I was 25 years ago in Gwen.  Looking for approval and love anywhere she can find it.  I wish I could tell Gwen to run from the cop, learn who she is and when the time is right, the right guy will come along.  In the meantime, take care of yourself and your kids.  Right now you have no concept of what a "normal" relationship is.

October 8, 2007, 7:18 pm CDT

Is this for real??!!

What a couple of co-dependant spineless nut cases!!!  They can't get along as a divorced couple,

and they're thinking of remarrying?!?!  They should cut all ties and get on with their own seperate lives.

October 8, 2007, 7:52 pm CDT

Frankie?

Quote From: fayvera1

Well, I just enjoyed seeing Gwen get exactly the treatment she deserves for all her lies and cheating ways.  She started it, and it looks like he's going to finish.  I thought it was hilarious watching her assume that she had an ounce of decency going for herself.  She's the pits.  I hope Frankie moves on to someone decent - any color,  I don't care.
I don't think Frankie would know "decent" if he fell on it.  He's a first rate jerk.................She's not much better.

October 8, 2007, 8:07 pm CDT

Listening is a good thing

The show had just finished here in Hawaii, though it was hard to listen being as Dr. Phil must have been as I may have been in the same boat at times. First of all, they both need to learn to listen to each other before realizing the faults if any. It is true that couples will argue but in this case it seems to be more comparing who is right and who is wrong. The sad thing is the children involved. I feel both Frankie and Gwen needs help. They both need to learn to compromise and most of all listen to each other and try to be compassionate before blaming. As Dr. Phil said, you need to look into yourself and ask yourself what have you done to contribute to the situation. No man or woman is perfect no matter what ethinic or religous back ground they maybe.

Mahalo

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last