Message Boards

Topic : 06/20 Frankie and Gwen

Number of Replies: 129
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 05, 2007, 11:16:21 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/08/07) Going through a divorce is tough enough, but imagine going through a second divorce with the same person. Meet Frankie and Gwen, a couple whose roller coaster relationship involves twists and turns like you’ve never seen! While dating, Gwen got pregnant, so the couple decided to get married. After less than two years of marriage, they filed for divorce. When Gwen discovered she was pregnant again, they reconciled and stopped the divorce. After Frankie did a secret DNA test and discovered their first child wasn’t his, he filed for divorce a second time. Although this divorce was finalized, Gwen says she wants to remarry Frankie because, despite all the drama, she still loves him and wants to remain a family. Frankie says there is no way he’s going to marry Gwen just to pay for a third divorce. So why is this couple still living together and calling each other husband and wife? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 9, 2007, 11:29 am CDT

Gwen has her NERVE!!

This show takes the cake for being the most annoying because of the constant bickering.  It was out of CONTROL!!  Gwen, get your tubes tied.  You have no business having any more kids since you can't seem to take care of the ones you have now.  No one has ever died from not having sex.

Frankie, run like the devil.  Gwen seems very unstable.  Her constant yapping was driving me crazy.  I think you need to move on and get joint custody of the kids.  For someone who has cheated and bore the child of another man, Gwen, you have some freakin' nerve. 

I am not defending Frankie, but I think Gwen is driving him to behave the way that he does.  She really needs to relax and stop trying to argue every little point because that's a sure way to lose a man.  Frankie, I would not marry this woman again.  Don't do it!  I think you treat her the way that she does because she hasn't earned your respect.  Gwen, you have to give respect to get respect.

It seems you both need to be apart and get intense counseling.  Do this for the kids sake because they are the ones caught in the middle. 

Dr. Phil my heart goes out to you because I could see the frustration on your face with these two arguing like chickens.  I liked your Civil War remark.

October 9, 2007, 11:31 am CDT

In defense of Frankie

I know 1st hand that Frankie has a good heart.  I've known him since I was 13 years old.  I know what Gwen has & why she wants to hold on to him.  Sometimes things happen in a relationship which make people non conducive to each other. Dr. Phil please relay to Frankie that there is at least one person out here that supports him. Thanks - Leslie Rodriguez-Rivera

October 9, 2007, 11:54 am CDT

10/08 Frankie and Gwen

Quote From: tamarindo

This show takes the cake for being the most annoying because of the constant bickering.  It was out of CONTROL!!  Gwen, get your tubes tied.  You have no business having any more kids since you can't seem to take care of the ones you have now.  No one has ever died from not having sex.

Frankie, run like the devil.  Gwen seems very unstable.  Her constant yapping was driving me crazy.  I think you need to move on and get joint custody of the kids.  For someone who has cheated and bore the child of another man, Gwen, you have some freakin' nerve. 

I am not defending Frankie, but I think Gwen is driving him to behave the way that he does.  She really needs to relax and stop trying to argue every little point because that's a sure way to lose a man.  Frankie, I would not marry this woman again.  Don't do it!  I think you treat her the way that she does because she hasn't earned your respect.  Gwen, you have to give respect to get respect.

It seems you both need to be apart and get intense counseling.  Do this for the kids sake because they are the ones caught in the middle. 

Dr. Phil my heart goes out to you because I could see the frustration on your face with these two arguing like chickens.  I liked your Civil War remark.
You are right about them not getting married again, but let's not forget that he belittles her like a child & treats her like one. NO ONE can make you angry or driven to argue, or even worse, abuse them to someone so bad. It's out of your own free will. I don't think that Gwen should marry him at all, nor do I think that she's a bad person, after the way that he's been treating her, so what kind of respect should she give him? Not only that, he's been having affairs on her as well, so he's not all that innocent. Plus, I believe that they should each have joint custody of the children, that way, all of the children will have both parents.

October 9, 2007, 12:21 pm CDT

Where is the Questionaire Dr. Phil spoke of?

Where do I locate that questionaire Dr. Phil spoke of on the show that we can take that decides once and for all if your marriage should end?

Everywhere on the website seems to be old, like 2006 and before?

October 9, 2007, 12:25 pm CDT

10/08 Frankie and Gwen

I frankly don't believe that Gwen is evil that everyone is portraying her out to be. True, what she did with the first child is wrong, but Frankie isn't all innocent here. Have any of you forgotten that he was having affairs on her, & has been verbally abusive towards her? No one can make you verbally abusive (or even physically abusive) to someone, it is out of their own free will. At least it wasn't physical abuse, thank goodness for that. But I do think that they should each move on from each other & each have joint custody so that all of the children will have both parents. If they can't work it out in counseling, then they shouldn't be together at all. They can each find someone new. But at least be there for the kids, because they're the most important things in life. That's all I have to say.

October 9, 2007, 12:44 pm CDT

Questionaire

Quote From: hrequine

Where do I locate that questionaire Dr. Phil spoke of on the show that we can take that decides once and for all if your marriage should end?

Everywhere on the website seems to be old, like 2006 and before?

On yesterday's show page http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/944/, (or click the link above that says "See what happened on the show") you'll see a link on the right side under ADVICE to the Divorce Readiness Test.

October 9, 2007, 12:52 pm CDT

10/08 Frankie and Gwen

Quote From: DrPhilBoard1

On yesterday's show page http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/944/, (or click the link above that says "See what happened on the show") you'll see a link on the right side under ADVICE to the Divorce Readiness Test.

Aha....found it!

Thank you very much!

Also reading all the messages about the show...amazing and my head is spinning ;-P

October 9, 2007, 2:27 pm CDT

Frankie and Gwen

I hope dr. phil finds a good therapist for them.  I kind of liked them both even though they had no idea when to shut up.  They had no idea how to be honest, and they had no idea how crazy they both came off on national tv.  I also had to learn about personal responsibility and honesty as an adult, because that wasn't taught in my family.  I hope they will embrace the help.  what a beautiful family

October 9, 2007, 2:46 pm CDT

10/08 Frankie and Gwen

i  have been reading the messages posted here and some are sick. where did it  from that black men kill their wives when they leave them?? please do not say oj. i watch forensic files and other reality shows like that and from what i see it is mainly white men killing wives, children, and parents. actually look back on history a most of the crimes in america were perpertrated by white people.especially murders.america was built on violence against other races and racism.even some of these foreignors have the nerve to come to america with hate for blacks. why is that?? some of them have never seen a black person in person until coming to the united states. so whom may i ask has spread this poison?? black people have enough problems to deal with among ourselves. we do not need other people chiming in.why has this become racial?? i am so sick and tired of people who like to generalize everything. serial killers as the FBI will tell ya are maily white men. look it up and this is not a genralization people. go back in the history books and see what went down. every race has done bad things. but do not even go there about black men.this couple should not be together point blank. they both sleep with other people. he is abusive toward her and she probably to him because cheating is abuse. it sounds to me that she wants to be married so bad. by any means. she has probably been raised that a woman should have a husband because that validates you as a person. being mrs. so and so is a big deal. any man for marriage is better than no man. if they were happy i would say go for it and be happy for them. but they are too damn selfish and childish. this is what teenagers do. they are both wrong as 2 left shoes.

October 9, 2007, 3:17 pm CDT

10/08 Frankie and Gwen

Quote From: rhondaglanton

I have been married 17 yrs, and find myself in a similar situation right now. I'm not being called names, or belittled/degraded but my husband filed for divorce and we're still living together. I don't want the divorce and refuse to sign the papers. I'm not sure what to do right now. But for those of you who haven't been married, please refrain from responding and/or judging.

Thanks.

if he does not want you anymore, why hold on?? he is still living with you?? that may be because he is waiting on something. like another woman waiting in the wings.i bet a million dollars that is the case.or he needs a place to go. or he just may not want you but does not want anyone else to have you. that is very selfish of him. also you need not sign the papers, he can get a divorce from you regardless. you are just prolonging what is going to happen anyhow.i know it is hard to get  divorced. divorce is like death. the finality of it all. signing those paper and all. my advice do not stay with a man who no longer wants you. you are belittling yourself. you are letting him see how vulnerable you are and also desperate. one thing that a man does not find attractive is a desperate woman. so if you stay, the name calling will start. he will belittle you. sooner or later your desperation will disgust him. listen you can not make someone love you. honey do not think for  a moment because you have a husband that unmarried people have not gone through the same thing. being married did not make you exempt from the problems you are facing now. so do not think you are better than unmarried people. realtionships have pitfalls if you are married or unmarried. yes i am married.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last