Message Boards

Topic : 06/20 Frankie and Gwen

Number of Replies: 129
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 05, 2007, 11:16:21 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/08/07) Going through a divorce is tough enough, but imagine going through a second divorce with the same person. Meet Frankie and Gwen, a couple whose roller coaster relationship involves twists and turns like you’ve never seen! While dating, Gwen got pregnant, so the couple decided to get married. After less than two years of marriage, they filed for divorce. When Gwen discovered she was pregnant again, they reconciled and stopped the divorce. After Frankie did a secret DNA test and discovered their first child wasn’t his, he filed for divorce a second time. Although this divorce was finalized, Gwen says she wants to remarry Frankie because, despite all the drama, she still loves him and wants to remain a family. Frankie says there is no way he’s going to marry Gwen just to pay for a third divorce. So why is this couple still living together and calling each other husband and wife? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 5, 2007, 1:34 pm CDT

stupid

he is stupid for taking her back get real let her get a life she will keep doing it.

October 6, 2007, 11:31 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show

And Doctor Frankie Gwen Phil. What are you kidding me? Are you sure you want to do this show? I never---

seen this show before with Frankie/Gwen. See you on Monday October 08th, 2007. Sincerley Your. Russ---

ell Vlaanderen.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 6, 2007, 11:59 am CDT

10/08 Frankie and Gwen

Quote From: mariemeece

he is stupid for taking her back get real let her get a life she will keep doing it.
Now that was a mean thing to say to someone. I believe that they should get together, or work it out in some way for the children. I believe in my heart that all women aren't evil as people potray them out to be.

October 8, 2007, 8:02 am CDT

stop the insanity....please read Gwen

Gwen,

Please, as hard as it is and will be, leave this man.  You two are not made for each other.   I did this same thing for 16 years and wasted 16 years of my life.  It was sooo hard, everyday, like you, called names and put down constantly, along with physical abuse.  I stayed 'because of the kids'.  In my case since the kids had heard their entire life 'how bad I was', I was 'the bad guy' and they took on their dad's hate, and now think they hate me and won't even talk to me.  I stayed because I thought I loved him.  What a person really loves in those types of relationships is what you 'think' and hope the relationship could be and you think it will change.  Things won't change.  He doesn't respect you and that's what you need.   It's so hard, it's so hard to lose your family unit.  No matter how much counseling, it won't change, we went for years and years.  The emotions are too deep, the memories and hurt are too deep. It won't change.  Now, even though it was the hardest thing I've ever had to go through  (losing my family),  I've actually found someone who respects me and treats me like the normal  good person I am.  It's amazing. It's amazing to have someone that you can enjoy life with and have fun.   As the saying goes and I've learned it is sooooooooo true, LIFE IS TOOOOOO SHORT!!  I would love to talk more to you, if you would like to ask Dr. Phil for my email. 

October 8, 2007, 8:08 am CDT

THEY NEED HELP

Frankie & Gwen really need help.  I hope that Gwen can stand up to Frankie.  She really does not deserve to be treated with such disrespect.  Frankie really needs to set up and be a man.  He thinks he is so smart but any intelligent man or women would not be so disrespectful as to call anyone stupid.  By doing those types of name calling and being such a degrading person it truly shows how unintelligent he really is.  I hope the best for Gwen and Frankie.  It will take the two of them to overcome their differences. 

October 8, 2007, 10:14 am CDT

Denial

I would venture to say that Gwen is in complete denial.  She thinks she can change Frankie and Frankie has this alter ego where he likes to put her down to make himself feel superior “all in the name of love?” 

This is truly an abusive relationship where blame is constantly passed on to each other as if this will change things. If you both can’t forgive, and it sounds like you won’t, then you need to get out of the marriage. It is an unhealthy environment for the kids, and you both are being selfish and childish to continue this behavior because kids sense when something isn’t right.

I do think they both need help but separately so the same mistake doesn’t occur twice in the next relationship. Especially for Gwen since the kids will probably be in her custody after the divorce. In addition, I believe that Frankie is saying these things on TV about Gwen so the judge can grant him custody and prove her to be unstable. He seems like a man with a plan.

There is a common denominator with Frankie and that is his behavior reminds me of the man shown on tape beating and degrading his wife in front of the kids. Except he was both verbally and physically abusive, but abuse is abusive however it appears.

GET OUT NOW!!!

PS Gwen, get out of la la land

October 8, 2007, 1:33 pm CDT

10/08 Frankie and Gwen

I guess it is always easier to be on the "outside" looking in-the answers are always so easy.  But, the reality is that none of us are in that situation.   I really have no advice to give other than it is their life that they have to live................not ours.  True-they made it our business when they decided to go public on national TV but lets try not to judge-lest we be judged ourselves.

October 8, 2007, 1:39 pm CDT

DNA test???

Are all of you defending Gwen forgetting she deceived him about her / their son?? Maybe some of his irrational behavior is due to that realization.  Grant it, there is no "excuse" to verbally abuse someone like he does, but there is usually a lot more to a person's behavior than what may appear. It is amazing how underlying emotions can subconciously determine a persons actions. I think we've all been there to some degree.

October 8, 2007, 4:42 pm CDT

Unbelievable

Today's show was of no interest to me at all, I don't know if it was because the two of them were so into talking to each other and not listening. Or that they just seemed so, so....stupid, that I just didn't care about them or their problems. They both were in denial and pretty immature to me but as always, Dr. Phil offers counselling to help them work through their numerous issues and maybe it will help. But for me, I was so not interested in either of them.

October 8, 2007, 4:43 pm CDT

what a headache!

they're playing an emotional tug of war! Each one is always trying to get the upper-hand and are just making each other more miserable...i wonder what made them think of bringing a 3rd child in the mix??

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last