Message Boards

Topic : 10/09 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp Newlyweds, Part 4

Number of Replies: 65
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 05, 2007, 11:18:23 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his work with three couples on the verge of divorce after less than one year of marriage. They say they want to be spared from divorce, yet once they are all under one roof they only whine and complain. Jim and Kim continue to fight, even on the morning of her birthday. Instead of a nice birthday greeting, Jim starts an argument with his wife because he thinks he’s the one who deserves “a present.” Dr. Phil gives Jim a taste of his own medicine –- some immersion therapy! Then, Karla claims she’s now permanently on the wagon, but Dr. Phil tells her that kicking an alcohol addiction just isn’t that simple. Plus, a role-playing exercise, a surprise for the wives and more! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 9, 2007, 1:14 pm CDT

children

Quote From: monika2000

It absolutely makes me sick to these couples holding hands and why in the hell are they trying to stay together. If somebody, especially my husband called just one of those names, I'm outa there.

Is everybody goin nuts in this world. Whatever happened to true love and respect? These people should NOT be together, especially when there are children ivolved. Come on Dr. Phil, can't  you see this?

I guess not. Dr. Phil's staff, should have caled the local Children Serives to look into this. Those kids are in danger. I did not see any parentiing here. 

October 9, 2007, 1:39 pm CDT

newlyweds

the way the treat each other is so wrong no one should ever be treated like, the abuse is terrible no one should ever have to go through that. it makes me mad that people would get married and then treat the one they love (or the one they say they love) like that I've never seen anything like that

*Jenn*

October 9, 2007, 1:47 pm CDT

Does Jim's wife do no wrong?

Just finished watching man camp. Yes i understand it is MAN CAMP. However, there are two people in the marriage. Does Kim ever do anything wrong? All I've heard from her so far is poor me. At least the other women have realized that they have not been perfect, and that they have faults. Boy, I'm glad my partner isn't as perfect as Kim. I know I'm not perfect. I make mistakes and so does my husband. Jeez Kim, I'm glad I'm not your partner. Good luck Jim.

October 9, 2007, 1:48 pm CDT

10/09 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp Newlyweds, Part 4

to me it seems like karla and jim are the ones that really do want he help more then the other couples there taking what dr.phil has to say and absorbing it it took alot for her to poor all that acohol down the drain but the test would be if she wasn't in the dr.phil house what would she have done about it then say she wasz in her own house would she of donw the same thing....? and you can know that untill she's put to the test in her own home.

October 9, 2007, 2:06 pm CDT

Quote From: tisjustme

Just finished watching man camp. Yes i understand it is MAN CAMP. However, there are two people in the marriage. Does Kim ever do anything wrong? All I've heard from her so far is poor me. At least the other women have realized that they have not been perfect, and that they have faults. Boy, I'm glad my partner isn't as perfect as Kim. I know I'm not perfect. I make mistakes and so does my husband. Jeez Kim, I'm glad I'm not your partner. Good luck Jim.
 I'm with you. Why call it MAN Camp? It ought to be called COUPLES Camp. Last year's should've been, too. It also takes two to run a marriage into the ditch. And, two to pull, and keep, a marriage out of the ditch. Dr Phil doesn't just jerk a knot in the men's  tails. He jerks a knot in everyone's tails. 

October 9, 2007, 2:28 pm CDT

jim

did jim use to be a dancer?

October 9, 2007, 2:36 pm CDT

Quote From: tisjustme

I half-way agree with this. I don't believe ANYONE should be subjected to any kind of abuse (verbal, physical, emotional); which obviously the men are guilty of. Dr. Phil has (on a couple of occasions) pointed out the women's abuse as well.

But I feel as if the women are almost "playing possum" in this situation. Being passive agressive can be just has harmful as being bluntly agressive. They need to admit that BOTH of them share responsibility in this. Its a tug and pull of pride, fear and hurt. A never ending cycle.

October 9, 2007, 2:55 pm CDT

dumping it down the drain

Just watching everyone pour down all that liquor down the kitchen sink, sure bought back alot of memories of my mom and her drinking , yes my mom was an alcoholic from the time she woke up til the time she went to bed, and my dad was on the weekends.  Oh sure they would promise us kids ( mainly my twin sister and I cause we were living at home at the time ) that they would   stop drinking and yes they  would for about a week then they would start drinking again, so trusting them was very hard. My mom tried getting help , but the problem was I believe was that her heart wasnt into it , she liked the way drinking made her feel and for some reason she thought it helped her with some inner problem that she was trying to deal with , in fact when my dad passed away on Sept 11 2007 , she asked for a brandy and she hasnt had a drink in over 10 years ( it is not allowed in the nursing home ) .

October 9, 2007, 3:28 pm CDT

SAD SHOW

This Show was SOOO SAD to me it made me cry A LOT it was INCREDIBLE to watch MEN treat woemn like that HOW CAN THEY DO THAT AND FEEL GOOD ABOUT THEMSELVES! I am glad that they felt bad they deserved to feel bad for once! I CAN NOT IMAGINE if my husband treated me like that HOLLYYY CRAP IT WAS REALLY AWFUL!! I can't imagine what those women have to go through it was BEYOND DISPICABLE!! THOSE WOMEN should run away for there lives and find someone else that will treat them better then that!! IT WAS SICK!! NEVER TREAT THEM LIKE THAT AGAIN!! It REALLY made me thankful for my husband he has NEVER EVER EVER treated me like that and I hope that those men will grow up and treat there wives better or else I hope that they will divorce them and find sone one who treats them how they should be TREATED!

October 9, 2007, 3:29 pm CDT

dont understand your question

Quote From: benkettering

It appears that Jim and Kim's daugher is bring toss out. Is her needs being met? Is Jim treating her like trash like Kim?
hello, This is Kim, I have 2 daughters and 1 son, jim has two sons, I havent watched the show, but Jim and all my children have a very good relationship. He treats my daughters very well and one even thinks Jim is her dad because her own father disowned her when she was born because I divorced him and kept the baby instead of had an abortion like he wanted me to

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last