Message Boards

Topic : 10/09 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp Newlyweds, Part 4

Number of Replies: 65
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 05, 2007, 11:18:23 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his work with three couples on the verge of divorce after less than one year of marriage. They say they want to be spared from divorce, yet once they are all under one roof they only whine and complain. Jim and Kim continue to fight, even on the morning of her birthday. Instead of a nice birthday greeting, Jim starts an argument with his wife because he thinks he’s the one who deserves “a present.” Dr. Phil gives Jim a taste of his own medicine –- some immersion therapy! Then, Karla claims she’s now permanently on the wagon, but Dr. Phil tells her that kicking an alcohol addiction just isn’t that simple. Plus, a role-playing exercise, a surprise for the wives and more! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 9, 2007, 3:31 pm CDT

yes he did

Quote From: sheilasadler

did jim use to be a dancer?

he loved it, he is looking for pics from back then, do you know anyone that might have some,

Kim

October 9, 2007, 3:33 pm CDT

role reversal

I loved the role reversal exercise the couples did. That really put things in perspective in my own life. I called my husband into the room to watch this and we talked about how we sound to each other when wee are angry. It opened up alot of discussion with us and how we don't and can't really hear the other person when we are both upset.Thanks for the eye opener, Dr. Phil!!

Heather

October 9, 2007, 3:59 pm CDT

NOT a nice thing to display

I just watched Dr Phil on TV flushing money down the gutter $200-300!! Wassup with that??

To me that was an equivalent of a an Obese person throwing away food!

Maybe instead, he could have jsut symbolicaly do that, and take the bottles back to the store, get bac the money and donate it to some childrens fund or any other network that helps children across the Globe..

That money could have saved atleast 30 children in a 3rd World...With Innoculations.. Tsk tsk

October 9, 2007, 4:05 pm CDT

Oh My Goodness!!!

I was in shock that they treated each other like that! I don't want to sound like I'm better then anybody else, but I'm only 24 years old and my husband is 28, we've been married for 7 years. We have a 18 months old girl (Giovanna) that we waited soooo long for until we were financial and emocional stable enough to have! She is our life! We created her with soooo much love, in other words, she was very much so PLANNED! But before we created her, we wanted to know, learn and court each other a lot before we had a child. These couples are so lucky to be at Dr. Phil's house, how many couples would give anything to be in their places?! A LOT!!! If they truly want their marriage to work they have to be 1000000...% devoted to that!

October 9, 2007, 4:43 pm CDT

totally agree

Quote From: kamalibra

I just watched Dr Phil on TV flushing money down the gutter $200-300!! Wassup with that??

To me that was an equivalent of a an Obese person throwing away food!

Maybe instead, he could have jsut symbolicaly do that, and take the bottles back to the store, get bac the money and donate it to some childrens fund or any other network that helps children across the Globe..

That money could have saved atleast 30 children in a 3rd World...With Innoculations.. Tsk tsk

I don't beleive in wasting money and thats what that was. Iunderstand that it was needed, but water would have looked the same.

October 9, 2007, 4:46 pm CDT

Women got off easy

I am shocked that these women are getting away with what they are getting away with. The constant bashing of the men but no realization for themslves especially the platinum blonde. She still think her being a drunk wife and mother had nothing to do with her husband losing it. She has accepted NO RESPONSIBILITy, for hwer horrid behavior and Dr. Phil is allowing it. Hopefully there is more to come.

October 9, 2007, 6:45 pm CDT

I LOVE DR Phil

Quote From: shahzadee4

I am shocked that these women are getting away with what they are getting away with. The constant bashing of the men but no realization for themslves especially the platinum blonde. She still think her being a drunk wife and mother had nothing to do with her husband losing it. She has accepted NO RESPONSIBILITy, for hwer horrid behavior and Dr. Phil is allowing it. Hopefully there is more to come.
I LOVE Dr Phil, I have watched every single one of his shows and the reruns since his first day he aired in 2002 I grew up in a totally dysfunctional family I saw my dad Drink a gallon of wine, a 5th of jack daniels and a case of beer in four hours back in 1970, he didn't die then but he did die at a very young age of 61 in 1987.  Dr Phil has taught me what I can expect from a man, how to stand up for myself, and to be all that I am meant to be.  I LOVE Dr Phil and I only hope that others can learn from his example of what a REAL Man is.  I have cried several times from watching his shows because of what he said really hit home and opened my eyes completely.  We can all point at a person's weaknesses like my mom once said to me we are all human and that is why they made pencils with erasers.  We all have free will, and we can choose to see whatever we want to, I choose to follow the strength and courage and the nobleness of Dr Phil.   

October 9, 2007, 6:54 pm CDT

Do Not Enjoy This Series

I'm not sure if others agree, but I do not enjoy watching this series at all. It gives me a headache to hear constant arguing, yelling, whining, complaining. Nothing ever gets resolved...it is just obnoxious, immature folks for an entire hour. I turned it off half-way through today. I enjoy other shows so much more; these couples need to hit the road, in my opinion!

October 9, 2007, 7:27 pm CDT

yes I do plenty wrong

Quote From: tisjustme

Just finished watching man camp. Yes i understand it is MAN CAMP. However, there are two people in the marriage. Does Kim ever do anything wrong? All I've heard from her so far is poor me. At least the other women have realized that they have not been perfect, and that they have faults. Boy, I'm glad my partner isn't as perfect as Kim. I know I'm not perfect. I make mistakes and so does my husband. Jeez Kim, I'm glad I'm not your partner. Good luck Jim.
Yes, I do plenty wrong, it takes two, and I am an equal participant, ( I thought last weeks show showed that ) anyways, I have faults, I make mistakes, I have many regrets, I too am trying to work on my issues, Im sorry I give the impression that I feel or act that I do not wrong,  that is truly not the case, that is another issue I need to work on,

October 9, 2007, 7:50 pm CDT

Maturity

Calling names, making faces, how old are these people???? Dr. Phil occasionally  will mention that it's a maturity issue, but not enough to me.  What is it that makes people get stuck in that Junior High stage. I see it so much on a lot of his shows, adults that you could swear are adolescents.  There should be some kind of maturity test you must pass before getting married and/or having kids. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last