Message Boards

Topic : 10/09 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp Newlyweds, Part 4

Number of Replies: 65
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 05, 2007, 11:18:23 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his work with three couples on the verge of divorce after less than one year of marriage. They say they want to be spared from divorce, yet once they are all under one roof they only whine and complain. Jim and Kim continue to fight, even on the morning of her birthday. Instead of a nice birthday greeting, Jim starts an argument with his wife because he thinks he’s the one who deserves “a present.” Dr. Phil gives Jim a taste of his own medicine –- some immersion therapy! Then, Karla claims she’s now permanently on the wagon, but Dr. Phil tells her that kicking an alcohol addiction just isn’t that simple. Plus, a role-playing exercise, a surprise for the wives and more! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 18, 2007, 10:31 am CDT

The Men Need Bashing

Quote From: philwatcher_66

All,

Is it just me or does it seem that "Man Camp" has become "Man bashing Camp"?  All we see is Dr Phil going agressively at only one side -- the guys.  It seems like everything that ever happened is blamed on the guys by both the wives and Dr Phil.  Admittedly, they are jerks and it is called "Man Camp", but a relationship in crisis has contributions from both sides.  He points out how terrible it is for men to be calling their wives names, but ignores the video of the wives doing the exact same thing.  The wives secretly look in on their husbands bad mouthing the spouses and comment on how they feel about that,  but when the wives do virtually the same thing at the end, the men aren't given the same opportunity.  There's comment and feedback given on what the women want from the men but not much on what the men need from their wives.  If you want to help a couple, help both sides.  And why deliberately provoke conflict by sending the women out to celebrate the birthday when most couples like to go out as a couple on birthdays.  I'd probably react the same way -- I'd be royally ticked.  I'm just plain old disappointed with where this is going.

Dr Phil did address that the women are provking. He told Karla she was an alcoholic drug addict on more than one occation. He told Danielle she was provoking Jack and needed a better plan because she would loose. He made Kim watch the video of arguing with Jim in the backyard and went over that with her. Provoking an arguement and exploding after you have been treated like crap for a week are not quite as serious as beating your wife to "feel better" as Jack put it. Alcoholism on Karlas part was an entire show. After the show she has been involved in councilling for herself and their marriage. I think that Man Camp is a good name for this show. No one has the right to put their hands on another person.

October 18, 2007, 10:41 am CDT

SIL

Quote From: ldhkah

Could you please email me what SIL means? I know it sounds completely stupid, esp. internet-wise, but I am curious...my email address is ldhkah@comcast.net.

Thanks, Lisa

Sister in law

October 18, 2007, 10:58 am CDT

Shouldnt down play feelings of others, how would you feel?

Quote From: tisjustme

Just finished watching man camp. Yes i understand it is MAN CAMP. However, there are two people in the marriage. Does Kim ever do anything wrong? All I've heard from her so far is poor me. At least the other women have realized that they have not been perfect, and that they have faults. Boy, I'm glad my partner isn't as perfect as Kim. I know I'm not perfect. I make mistakes and so does my husband. Jeez Kim, I'm glad I'm not your partner. Good luck Jim.
Good people get in abusive relationships all the time. Jim has issues from his past that make him who he is today. Now he is dealing with that. Kim has issues too. Kim said all her life people have talked down to her calling her fat and stupid. That is why she thought nothing of it when Jim did it too. Finally she realized she doesnt deserve it. When Jim saw how bad it really hurt her he realized he didnt want to make her feel like that. Kim is a "fixer". Always trying to make everyone else better and neglecting her own needs. My mother is like Kim. She sets back and gets her feelings hurt and when she cant take anymore she blows up. I think it is because she believes the things that people say to her. Kim you are beautiful and have a huge heart. Pay no attention to people that only see the outside and judge by that. God is the only one who can judge and God wants all of his children to be happy and confident. He is our father, as a mother you know what you want for your children, thats what our father wants for us. Jim loves you and he understands how you feel now. I hope you two can continue what you have learned and have the best life you imagine. God bless you and good luck!

October 29, 2007, 3:11 pm CDT

none of them shoudl stay together

ALl 3 of these couples need to get a divorce.  None of them are ready to be in any sort of relationship -- they are all unhealthy and fake relationships and they are better off apart.  It's terrible that they have kids, but at least it might get them out of some of the 'drama'.  So tired and boring -- no need to drag this one out into several episodes.  ANd why is it called man camp, when they are all obviously married to drama-queen, manipulative women.  It should have been titled something a little more fair.  This is coming from a woman. 

October 31, 2007, 11:58 am CDT

jokes a plenty....

Quote From: trisda777

hello, This is Kim, I have 2 daughters and 1 son, jim has two sons, I havent watched the show, but Jim and all my children have a very good relationship. He treats my daughters very well and one even thinks Jim is her dad because her own father disowned her when she was born because I divorced him and kept the baby instead of had an abortion like he wanted me to

i hate to  admit it , but i was actually married to kim 15 years ,towards the end of our marriage kim and i were never together intercousaly lol so she either artificially inseminated herself with a turkey baster, or its jims kid period do the math they were together before i even divorced her ,i figured she was just trying to set herself up for a nice lil check for the next 18 years, shes evil like that screw you over anyway she can complete loser like the rest of them,ive been through plenty of crap i dont go around acting like a jerkoff,blaming my passed thats the bigest joke of all......and yes people i tryed my hardest to stay for the kids, but with kim well you know.....

my greatest satisfaction in all of this , is KNOWING i already have what there all crying they want so bwahahaha kim, comes around goes around...

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next Page | Last Page