Message Boards

Topic : 10/09 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp Newlyweds, Part 4

Number of Replies: 65
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 05, 2007, 11:18:23 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his work with three couples on the verge of divorce after less than one year of marriage. They say they want to be spared from divorce, yet once they are all under one roof they only whine and complain. Jim and Kim continue to fight, even on the morning of her birthday. Instead of a nice birthday greeting, Jim starts an argument with his wife because he thinks he’s the one who deserves “a present.” Dr. Phil gives Jim a taste of his own medicine –- some immersion therapy! Then, Karla claims she’s now permanently on the wagon, but Dr. Phil tells her that kicking an alcohol addiction just isn’t that simple. Plus, a role-playing exercise, a surprise for the wives and more! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 6, 2007, 11:36 am CDT

Doctor Four House Part Phil Show.

Camp Doctor Four House Man Newly Part Phil The Weds. Where did see this before? Last week. See------

you on Tuesday October 09th, 2007. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.--------------------------------------------- 

October 6, 2007, 1:14 pm CDT

Jack & Danielle

This is a very distrubing recollection of my own life and marriage. I was raised in a very abusive home and once married didn't not recognize the disfuntionality of such behavior. Jack seems equally unaware and possibly even unable to admit to the depths of his controlling behavior. He appears to be dangerous and while watching the program I had a very disturbing vision of Danielle with her neck slashes and her head caved in. I think Jack is that dangerous!

Only because I married an angel incarnate is my marriage still intact after 35 years. My wife endured  horrible abuse and degradation at my hands for at least 16 years of our marriage. Our children also suffered immensly because of my insecurities, abusive and controlling behavior. Like Jack, I was unwilling to see the truth of my ways and felt threatened by anyone who tried to entervene on behalf of my wife and children.

If my guess is right, Jack cannot look himself squarely in the eye in a mirror. At least I know that I couldn't. I hated the way I was treating those I loved so much but, felt so totally helpless to do anything and unwilling to surrender the any of the power that the control of my family gave to me. Jack, you have to let go of the control if you are going to get well and make no mistake, you are very ill.  

On the other hand I was so upset by Danielle that I wanted to scream at her through the TV set. During the entire show she resisted the realization that she doesn't have to live in that relationship any longer. She like my wife felt a need to protect her husband because she has become so accustomed to the abuse that she does not believe she can live without it. For her the abuse is a safe harbor, at least in her mind, but in reality it is disaster waiting to happen.

Danielle, you are beautiful. Your past is then and the future you are creating this very moment. Don't dwell in the past nor let Jack or anyone else put/keep you in the past. If Jack persists on doing so you should kick him to the curb because you will never get well with that kind of treatment going on in your life. I've been where you are. I have hated my past self and clung to it as if I would lose who I am by letting go.It drove me to several attempts on my own life. You don't want to let that happen to you because you are valuable to God, yourself, family and this world which would be changed for the worse if you weren't here! Every human being has an important role to play, a divine role given by God, including you!

I would also like to say to Kara that she must stop drinking! For 18 years I remained in an alcoholic stupor and looking back at my life realize that I can't even remember most of what happened. Do you really want that to happen to your life? To wake up one day and realize your whole existance has passed you by and you don't even have any memories of it? You will never do it by yourself though. You must accept help from a healthy source. Your husband is not such a source! He may become one some day but right now he is not. The success of AA relies on you to find a sponsor as well as building a support system of fellow recovering alcoholics and most of all a sponsor to whom you are willing to be completely honest and submission with regard to your progress toward recovery. You can do it, just not alone. One of the twelve steps is to find your "higher power." I found mine in Jesus. Maybe that doesn't work for you but it could  because he doesn't judge you by what you have don't but rather who you are. God loves you and so do I and millions of others across the country.

October 6, 2007, 3:38 pm CDT

Maturity and Morals

I have to say to these adults, "What's happened to maturity and morals?"  If you were raised in the ways you are betraying yourselves here, then just do a better job than your parents did and if you weren't, then check out Webster for the definitions of maturity and morals. In part maturity is defined 'full development' and morals are 'ethics'.  May you all walk away with fuller, more ethical values than you have ever known before.

October 9, 2007, 7:09 am CDT

Hey Jim!

You were saying that everybody had embarrassed you in front of millions of people.  Well, I'd hate to break it to you, but you embarrassed yourself; you got nobody else to blame for your behavior.  You acted like a horse's behind and I didn't see anybody holding a gun to your head.  I just hope by the end of this you wind up not looking like such a loser.

October 9, 2007, 8:48 am CDT

Newly weds

About the current residents of the Dr Phil House:

What a throughly obnoxious group of people.  How did these people ever care enough about each other to get married.   My personal advice the each of them is Get the hell out and never get married or even engaged to anyone again.  No one deserves this kind of pain, abuse and humilitaion that you as an individual are so eager and willing to inflict on your supposed loved one.. 

Jane from Chicago.

October 9, 2007, 10:13 am CDT

where's the kid?

It appears that Jim and Kim's daugher is bring toss out. Is her needs being met? Is Jim treating her like trash like Kim?

October 9, 2007, 12:34 pm CDT

Man Cap

It absolutely makes me sick to these couples holding hands and why in the hell are they trying to stay together. If somebody, especially my husband called just one of those names, I'm outa there.

Is everybody goin nuts in this world. Whatever happened to true love and respect? These people should NOT be together, especially when there are children ivolved. Come on Dr. Phil, can't  you see this?

October 9, 2007, 12:45 pm CDT

Shocked

I watch this series and just sit here with my jaw dropped.  I mean all these people keep talking about is how Dr Phil is a fraud, how the crew is portraying them in a certain way that isn't right, that they are trying to egg them on.  All this bullcrap.  There are real people out there who would LOVE to get his help and the ones who have it sitting right in front of their faces take it for granted.  It's depressing!  I'm 19 years old and I could not believe it that  Karla ? showed up ... drunk... I realize that she's an alcoholic and has a problem but I was shocked.  I really hope these people find it in themselves to work their problems out.

October 9, 2007, 12:48 pm CDT

10/09 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp Newlyweds, Part 4

Quote From: saemae

You were saying that everybody had embarrassed you in front of millions of people.  Well, I'd hate to break it to you, but you embarrassed yourself; you got nobody else to blame for your behavior.  You acted like a horse's behind and I didn't see anybody holding a gun to your head.  I just hope by the end of this you wind up not looking like such a loser.
 I think your message applies not only to JIm, but the other five MC newlyweds and countless other Dr Phil show guests over the years. None of them came on his show at gunpoint. After five seasons, anyone who comes on the show and is shocked at Dr Phil's "tell it like it is" approach is just "plum" ignorant. Have they never watched his show? Or, do they think they'e above being called on their dysfunctional behavior? They're a waste of  his. and our, time.

October 9, 2007, 12:58 pm CDT

10/09 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp Newlyweds, Part 4

Quote From: jmccat

About the current residents of the Dr Phil House:

What a throughly obnoxious group of people.  How did these people ever care enough about each other to get married.   My personal advice the each of them is Get the hell out and never get married or even engaged to anyone again.  No one deserves this kind of pain, abuse and humilitaion that you as an individual are so eager and willing to inflict on your supposed loved one.. 

Jane from Chicago.

I absolutely agree with you Jane. It's absolutely ridiculous. Especially isince they are "newleyweds". Give me a break. Get over yoursleves. You are supposed to be grown ups and setting examples for your children. I just don't ge it.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last