Message Boards

Topic : 12/21 Troubled Teen Love

Number of Replies: 425
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 05, 2007, 11:26:10 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/10/07) Ask any teenager, and he or she will tell you how tough life is: schoolwork, dating, and dealing with pushy parents. But imagine having two kids while you’re still in high school. Laurie says her 18-year-old son, Corey, is in a toxic relationship with his 20-year-old wife, Kim. The couple fell in love while barely out of junior high and their crush quickly turned to chaos. Laurie says they verbally abuse each other in front of their children, and they’ve only been married for five months. Corey says that Kim cheated on him and has threatened to kill their kids. What’s behind the couple’s dramatic confrontations, and why was Corey arrested? Then, Kim’s mother, Janet, joins the show via Web cam. What does she reveal about Kim and Corey's parenting? Can the couple salvage their relationship, or should they just go their separate ways? And what needs to happen to protect their young kids? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 3, 2008, 11:24 am CST

Agree

Quote From: trishn29

Okay first lets get past the fact the Corey and Kim did not wait untill they were older to have children. It is too late for that, the deed has been done and the children have been born. Kim and Corey are no longer children themselves, they are parents. When you chose to have children you lose the right and option to be a child.

Dr Phil spent way too much time harping on the 'to young to be parents' issue. Then pitting the two of them against each other and throwing Corey's parents in the mix did not make the situation any better. If I knew that my in-law's felt that bad about me I would be loathe to take my children to see them or call them to have them bring over milk for my babies. It sounds like no matter what Kim does or doesn't do it would not be good enough.

Of course when Dr Phil ask if they wanted to stay together the answers were going to be no. Why would anyone want to be with someone who just said some really horrible things about them on national television. So to save face they both said no.

Married or Divorced they still have two children to raise. It will either be done as a team or as enemies.

Maybe just maybe if one person had gone into this show with the thought of supporting these two young parents and their marriage then maybe they would be working on a better life for the children.

I thought this was a sad show. Its like dr phil wanted to rip this new family apart. Yes of course there young and it would of been great to prevent it but they are here now with 2 children and the last thing they need is to have a broken home. Maybe he did and I missed it but did anyone off marriage counseling for these twos. And maybe more hands on parents of these young parents (not controling but helping). I told my husband after that show, if our son "God forbid" gets a young woman pregnant, There is no way I'm just going to sit by and go well there life there problem. I plan to help, if and when they need it, and if its while in high school you best believe they are both going to finish high school if I have to help watch the baby, that would be my grandchild, and I would want him/her to have the best home life possible with the best successful parents as possible. I sure wouldn't sit by and let them fall apart like this young couple has been. I wouldn't baby them but I would help. What is wrong with families today. Just cause your 18 doesn't really mean your an adult and you now know it all (no matter children and even adults like to believe). I was 18 when I got married, and we lived with my parents for a year, paying rent, while my husband was joining the military and we moved out shortly after that. I give alot of my success on my marriage and now new family on how helpful my parents are and were, including his parents. Which my mother in law came out for 2 weeks after I had my son and did SOOOO much for me. I couldn't image what I would of done if my parents said well your 18 get out. WHAT! We need family, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins all of them. Its sad what this has come too.

January 17, 2008, 10:21 am CST

I do not undestand most american!

In fact, I get worried. Are they slow or just formed like that through their parents?

A 20 years female (or male) are indeed old enough to take care of two children. Kim and Cory did not seem like two persons who were100% well mentally.The were like 12 year children. *OMG*

I come from Norway, and teens seem a lot more mature then American teens - or maybe Dr Phil picks out the worst cases?

(please keep in mind that I am from Norway and do have English as an second language - so there might e spelling errors in my statement).

Renate (from Norway -the European Pearl)

January 17, 2008, 10:26 am CST

Children with bottles in bed

Quote From: tiffany_2007

I notice she said "Oh well the kids had bad diaper rash cause they went to bed with juice instead of milk" Would that really cause it? I don't understand why that would even cause it. And if you know juice can cause more burning in the diaper, why wouldn't she come back in the middle of the night and change them. When my son gets red down there I will change him in the middle of the night and he usually doesn't wake up for it, but I don't want diaper rashes to get any worse then a little redness, my son pooped his diaper one night after i put him to bed, that morning when I changed him he has welts of redness, and I felt horrible (its not normal for him to poop at night). But after that I keep a very close eye on his butt, cause it took almost a week to get the rash to go down, and I used everything.

"Oh well the kids had bad diaper rash cause they went to bed with juice instead of milk"

Why do even parents give babies/toddlers a bottle when they put them to sleep? How about eating BEFORE sleeping? And for gods sake - brush the childrens teeth... Children who goes to sleep with a bottle get nasty teeth.

September 29, 2008, 7:36 pm CDT

Shocking

These kids are just dispickable,especially Kim who is obviously a compulsive liar,

Give their children to people who desperately want kids and then make them work

with disabled children 6 days a week. Whinging wining idiots!!!!

November 27, 2008, 3:26 pm CST

i know how it feels....

Quote From: chahe05

That's one touchy subject I would have not introduced into the mix. Why does everyone rush to that option when there are so many others? For example, adoption. There are tons of loving couples out there that would give their soul to have a child!

I am a 17 year old and so is my boyfriend. He is a adopted, and is happy and comfortable witht this. When we discovered we were pregnant we were so excited, scared and nervous all at the same time. We told our parents as soon as we had the proper chance, we knew that we were the talk of our highschool, and it was bound to get to them someway.

His parents were shocked, and confused as they thought there son had the same values as them, no sex before marriage. They asked us our plan, we said we were against abortion, and were leaning to ward keeping and adoption.

My parents were shocked, I wanted to tell them by myself... they asked me a whole lot of question, told me their oppinon, and what they thought...abortion. They Shared some news of my childhood, and shed some tears. My boyfriend came and we filled him in, he was tottally shocked at there oppinion, and very hurt.

I didn't want to at first but I still wanted to stay a teenager, but also wanted my baby. He felt the same.

After 24 hours of disscussing our options we decided on adoption.

We shared it with our parents, but their oppinion weighed heavily on my mind. After another 2 hour disscussion I decided on abortion...it was easy...it was quick... He was in shock. So mad, so hurt and so upset.

2 months later....

We are still together. I wish I didn't make that choice almost every day since but I wouldn't  have done the things that I have accomplished since, without that decisson.

He still loves me, has forgiven me and we work through our combind pain everyday....

Abortion is not always the way to go but sometimes like in my case, it was the thing to do. I am a busy highschool student who works afterschool, is on Student's Council and plays sports.....

First | Prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | Next Page | Last Page