Message Boards

Topic : 12/21 Troubled Teen Love

Number of Replies: 425
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 05, 2007, 11:26:10 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/10/07) Ask any teenager, and he or she will tell you how tough life is: schoolwork, dating, and dealing with pushy parents. But imagine having two kids while you’re still in high school. Laurie says her 18-year-old son, Corey, is in a toxic relationship with his 20-year-old wife, Kim. The couple fell in love while barely out of junior high and their crush quickly turned to chaos. Laurie says they verbally abuse each other in front of their children, and they’ve only been married for five months. Corey says that Kim cheated on him and has threatened to kill their kids. What’s behind the couple’s dramatic confrontations, and why was Corey arrested? Then, Kim’s mother, Janet, joins the show via Web cam. What does she reveal about Kim and Corey's parenting? Can the couple salvage their relationship, or should they just go their separate ways? And what needs to happen to protect their young kids? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 10, 2007, 1:03 pm CDT

i'm new

my husband now of a year and a half has 3 kids they are 2 an 7 mths the boys are twins and we are only 21 and 22. we have been together or a total of 3 years. he works full time and i stay at home with the kids. yea we have our disareements but who don't? i think that my husband and i made a great decsion to have kids an get married so young.

October 10, 2007, 1:07 pm CDT

10/10 Troubled Teen Love

wait didn't anyone notice that these parents were tring to pin everything on this girl and the only thing that was basically said to their son was he needs a job to support these kids...im sorry but there is alot more to raise children what was that about. let me know if im wrong pleeeease

October 10, 2007, 1:08 pm CDT

Young Marrage

These kids should have known better. I got married at 18 and we have been happily married for 3 years now. We do not have any kids, we got married because we love each other. Dr phil was wrong when he said that "the word teen and marriage shouldnt even be in the same sentance" That kinda bothered me. I mean, most people now a days get married because they want to. When they should be getting married for the right reasons. I am proof that you can get married at 18 and still make it. These kids just needed a good beating when they were little.

October 10, 2007, 1:10 pm CDT

Young Parents...

I don't like how TV programs almost always focus on teen mothers or fathers who aren't doing their job. I'm a single mother, at 18, with another baby on the way. I've raised my son by myself since he was born. His father has never been a part of his life and to be honest, it's for the best. I struggle from time to time as well, but my son always comes first. You have to grow up fast when you have children young...

I think the young mother on your show today doesn't deserve those children. It's not the childrens fault that she obviously has problems. I don't know her personally, obviously, but she made it apparent in things she said that she doesn't want those children. She openly admitted to hitting them, and they're what, 2 and 3? It's disgusting. It's obvious she purposely got pregnant to keep their relationship going, and now those poor children have to pay for it.

October 10, 2007, 1:11 pm CDT

troubled teen love.....

How is this going to work if she doesn't want to be in the relationship? I don't feel there is anything anyone can do to repair the damage they have already done to their lives and the lives of their children. Why waste the talents of the professionals who volunteer to help them? Time to suck it up, swallow your pride, put the children in foster care or better yet allow them to be adopted by someone outside the family and both of them need to grow up before they submit to another relationship.

We are interested to hear just what happens to the futures of those who are on your show.

October 10, 2007, 1:12 pm CDT

Teen Mom

I am 19 years old and I have a beautiful healthy 2 year old son named Austin. I rent an apartment with my common law husband whom I have been with for almost 5 years; he is the father of my son. I got pregnant in the 11th grade so I am currently working on completing my highschool education. My husband and I both work full time around eachothers schedules so we have sacraficed seeing eachother only on weekends to provide a nuturing environment for our son. I am living proof that it is possible for teenagers in love to be together, have children, and be productive members of society. It is hard but I dont think there is any excuse for young parents not to take care of their children. I love my son and I want the best for him so I am doing everything in my power to make his life a fulfilling one. I want him to grow up and be proud of his parents.

October 10, 2007, 1:14 pm CDT

what i think

Quote From: hpmx590

Doctor  Love Phil Teen Troubled.  Well Well Well here we go again. Just like last week with Jena Sixth.------

See you on Wednesday October 10th, 2007. Sincerley Your.  Russell Vlaanderen.----------------------------------

some girls at 16 do not have the same mentality at other girls at 16

October 10, 2007, 1:16 pm CDT

10/10 Troubled Teen Love

I always see the negative side to teen pregnancy and people like this reinforce negative stereotypes.  Don't get me wrong , it is hard and teens are not meant to be parents.  However, my fiance and I have a wonderful one and a half year old.  I am 19 and he is almost 21.  we are self suffiecent, he has a good job, we have a nice home and I work part time and am with my son the rest of the time.  We only leave him when we are working and NEVER go out with friends and we do not miss a second of it because what we have at home is so much fun we would never want to be anywhere except with him.  we take better care of him than a lot of parents twice our age, we never have trouble affording his clothes and food and that is not because we are given money, we earn everything we have.  we never fight ugly, we sometimes argue constructively but that is it.  So i want to tell dr.phil that maybe he should show some success stories too, not to encourage our way of doing things but to acknowledge it positively.

Teen Marriage

I was also a young mother we had our first child when, I was 16....It was a very difficult task, but we did it again a year later.  I was 18 years old with two very small children.  I didnt graduate from High School, attend proms, and I didnt go to any school functions.  At the time I didnt mind I had two great children and my boyfriend was a wonderful father....he later became my husband and 18 years later we are still married.  Our oldest 2 children have since graduated from high school, and believe it or not history has not repeated itself.  I dont recommend having children, while being a child yourself, or even getting married.  I look at my kids friends that have kids and are getting married, and i really want to beat them with a stick.  The couple on todays show, needs a good support system, I dont care how old you are, you need to have support from family and friends.  It is very stressful emotionally and financially to raise a family.  I just hope they dont end up resenting their children, for destroying their future.  They need to make the best of it, and realize those children are here for a reason.

10/10 Troubled Teen Love

Quote From: christenlr

I don't know why people say it's so hard to be a teen parent.  Don't get me wrong, it isn't easy.  In my opinion if you are going to do the deed, then have enough back bone to rely on yourself only.  If your partner wants and can help, GREAT!  but if not, be self sufficient, espicially if parents are willing to HELP.  i didnt say do all the work, i said help.  Go  to school, go into the military, theres too many options to just lay back and be lazy about it.  I have seen too many grandparents raise kids, and i wasnt having it.   I still went to school, I had everything for my baby on my own, except her father helped out A LOT.  and when we got married it was NOT because we had a baby together...thats the worst mistake you can make...wake up america

People say it's so hard to be a teen parent, BECAUSE IT IS.  I have a one year old on, and it's been the most challenging year of my life. I took night school classes online to graduate, and worked during the day to support my son, while all my friends were out partying and having a good ol time. It's harder when you're younger because you still have somany temptations, especially if your friends don't have children.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last