Message Boards

Topic : 12/21 Troubled Teen Love

Number of Replies: 425
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 05, 2007, 11:26:10 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/10/07) Ask any teenager, and he or she will tell you how tough life is: schoolwork, dating, and dealing with pushy parents. But imagine having two kids while you’re still in high school. Laurie says her 18-year-old son, Corey, is in a toxic relationship with his 20-year-old wife, Kim. The couple fell in love while barely out of junior high and their crush quickly turned to chaos. Laurie says they verbally abuse each other in front of their children, and they’ve only been married for five months. Corey says that Kim cheated on him and has threatened to kill their kids. What’s behind the couple’s dramatic confrontations, and why was Corey arrested? Then, Kim’s mother, Janet, joins the show via Web cam. What does she reveal about Kim and Corey's parenting? Can the couple salvage their relationship, or should they just go their separate ways? And what needs to happen to protect their young kids? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 6, 2007, 11:40 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Doctor  Love Phil Teen Troubled.  Well Well Well here we go again. Just like last week with Jena Sixth.------

See you on Wednesday October 10th, 2007. Sincerley Your.  Russell Vlaanderen.----------------------------------

October 10, 2007, 5:28 am CDT

nice

I don't know why people say it's so hard to be a teen parent.  Don't get me wrong, it isn't easy.  In my opinion if you are going to do the deed, then have enough back bone to rely on yourself only.  If your partner wants and can help, GREAT!  but if not, be self sufficient, espicially if parents are willing to HELP.  i didnt say do all the work, i said help.  Go  to school, go into the military, theres too many options to just lay back and be lazy about it.  I have seen too many grandparents raise kids, and i wasnt having it.   I still went to school, I had everything for my baby on my own, except her father helped out A LOT.  and when we got married it was NOT because we had a baby together...thats the worst mistake you can make...wake up america

October 10, 2007, 6:15 am CDT

10/10 Troubled Teen Love

Yesterday on Oprah her show was about responsible married couples who can not conceive and yet total idiots like these two have kids like rabbits. They need to be fixed before they have another child.

October 10, 2007, 6:44 am CDT

married teens

How pitiful. These two kids are in a terrible situation. I hope Dr. Phil can talk some sense into them. They need help! I have a 7 year old and I am taping this show to show her in a few years.

October 10, 2007, 7:11 am CDT

Teenage parents...

I watched today's show and was very frustrated at the parents of Corey and Kim, where were they when these two children were having sex?  I completely disagree with Dr. Phil, these were not good parents, they disassociated themselves from their childrens lives thereby setting the stage for a new generation of children growing up ignored, abused and neglected.  The parents are the examples these kids have followed and the reason they don't posess good parenting skills.   Parenting skills are not learned from a book, just as social skills are not learned from a book...we learn by the examples set for us by parents and grandparents.  There was a point in my life where I would have cherished the thought of being a father, to have the opportunity to give unselfishly to a child and teach that child what I was not taught as a child. As a gay male, I have never been given this option as an honest individual, I could have done like so many and married, fathered children and walked out but why?  What kind of father would I be then?   I would like to see Dr. Phil address the topic of why so many persons feel that gay and lesbians can't be good responsible parents when there are so many unwanted children in our country. 

October 10, 2007, 7:42 am CDT

Troubled Teens

Quote From: lm1969

How pitiful. These two kids are in a terrible situation. I hope Dr. Phil can talk some sense into them. They need help! I have a 7 year old and I am taping this show to show her in a few years.
 I would like to know where the parents were on the kids wedding day?? Celebrating with them? And also didn't the parents have to sign for them to get married!!!

October 10, 2007, 7:51 am CDT

I'm walking this walk with my son...

You were right when you suggested to watch it with your teens (mine weren't here though, so I need to get a tape)... I am currently walking this walk with my 17 year old son.  After moving to a new area a year ago, both of my sons had serious problems.  My oldest threatened suicide only two weeks after we moved.  He had to be put in a behavioural center, where he stayed for about a month.  During this time, I learned more about him that absolutely floored me, regarding his previous heavy drug use (I was a completely oblivious mother).  While he was in the center, he met his current girlfriend.  After about 3 months of dating they found out they were pregnant.  The young lady was strong-willed in the fact that she was going to have the baby and raise the baby... other options were NOT allowed to be discussed (her mother was a *%^*! and would not even tolerate me trying to bring up ANY OPTIONS.  Therefore, about 7 weeks ago, my son became a father.  Now, my husband and I (this is my second marriage, and we have ALWAYS had very strong differences in our parenting styles) are having tremendous difficulty because he does not want us to "raise" this baby.  To make matters even worse, the baby was born with some very complicated birth defects, which are a medical nightmare.  I have my own parents camped out on completely different sides as well, with one trying to encourage me to have my son walk away from the whole matter, and my other parent supporting me in my thought that my role as a grandparent needs to be stronger, because of all that this poor little baby boy has been born into.  I am so stressed, and simply don't know what to do.  On the one hand, I don't want to enable them to much, but on the other hand, I can't simply do nothing, especially with this beautiful baby boy needing SO VERY MUCH... frankly... I feel like I'm between the perverbial rock and hard-place.  This was a fantastic show... I need the REST of my family to see it!!! Way to go Dr. Phil!!!

October 10, 2007, 8:00 am CDT

10/10 Troubled Teen Love

I watched the show this mornin and really was surpised. I disgree wth the last comment about where were the parents while the kids were having sex. No parent can be there 24 7 with there teenager... I am20 years old and i have a 5 month old and my mother was a great mom. I do have to say i work, attend college thanks to my mom. That is the only time my son is away from me. He is my world so i couldn't imagine being without him. His father is in Afghanistan he was able to come home and see him when he was four months old and wont be back until he is a year old.. My son doesnt deserve to be away from both of us.. I'm never without my child so not all young mothers are bad... Thanks.

October 10, 2007, 8:03 am CDT

Where were these "grandparents"?

Hi,  I really wish this show had not been so much about the obvious mess these teenagers are in, but more about how they got there!  I am a work-at-home mother who has given up a pretty good career to stay home and make half salary so that I can be available to my twin almost 13-year-old sons.  But, I know you can't watch your kids every minute.  I would have loved to hear more about how these 14 and 16 year olds managed to get pregnant.  My boys are almost 13 - so scary!  I am an older parent (52) so do sort of feel out of touch with kids of this age probably more than parents who are in their 30s do.  Would love to see a show on how these kids managed to have sex at this age without anyone knowing about it!

October 10, 2007, 8:14 am CDT

Trouble Teen Love

You can be a Teen parent I was I got pregnant at 16 years old got married at 17 and my 2nd child at 18 and  my husband and I raised are children on our own. It was really hard even now that they are teens but we are strict parents when comes to having boy friends, where they don't end up like us. But it can be done we have been married for 13 years and coming up will be are14th anniversary. Yes I will tell you it was really hard to be teen parents.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last