Message Boards

Topic : 11/23 Mild vs. Wild

Number of Replies: 428
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 05, 2007, 11:29:23 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Celebrities like Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan and Nicole Richie are known for wearing skimpy clothes, but does that mean midriffs and micro-minis are right for your daughter? A new debate is brewing over whether women should go mild or wild. First up, Brenda Sharman, the national director of Pure Fashion, believes young ladies should dress modestly. She faces off with four women from the audience who say there’s nothing wrong with showing a little skin. What does Dr. Phil think? Then, Terri says her 8-year-old daughter has never had a Bratz doll and never will, but Melissa has no problem with her 6-year-old twins playing with the provocative pre-teens of plastic. Are Bratz just harmless toys or a negative influence? Plus, Lilly says her 19-year-old daughter, Cassie, dresses like a slut and a hooker, and even walks the dog in high heels! What can Lilly do to get Cassie to cover up, or should she? And, meet an 11-year-old who says her parents are too old-fashioned when it comes to her clothes, and they just need to get with the times. Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 5, 2007, 1:42 pm CDT

my kids

my kids never had a bratz doll i could never affored it we were always on a budget but they see it other places and kids see it from other kids how they dress and there parents books tv its just the way of the world. my kids dress wild there fathers new wife give them her hand me downs its slut dress  this is how come stuff like this goes  on i hate it but i fight agaist it i feel like a loseing battle.

October 6, 2007, 11:49 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Doctor Mild Phil Verse Wild. Mild Verse Wild that I never heard of that in my life. See you next week on-------- Monday October 15th, 2007. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.--------------------------------------------------------

October 8, 2007, 10:47 am CDT

my kids

but my 14 year is getting out of control some is my fault but some is her fathers iam doing what i can on my end but watching here every move now we are divorced and us fighting and him say to her she dont half to listen to me is alot of her problems she is almost to much for me to handle this week end she said she was at one house was 25 miles at another and that was my fault she she did that because i dont like the people. i am just at my wits end she is a goos kid. then when the kids see the stars act like this it dont help i think it makes it worse

October 9, 2007, 7:19 am CDT

Lack of parental influence!!!

You are absolutely right! People are so ignorant and lame when they blame a doll a toy on bad slutty behavior.  It is a parents lack of influence vs. a toy! Parents need to wake up and get REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What about Barbie she dresses like a Slut and nobody complained about her for the last 50 yrs!!!!!!!

October 9, 2007, 9:26 am CDT

Jeeez!

OK, first of all, let me start by saying I am a 27 year old mother of 2 (one boy and one girl). My kids are still very young (he's 3 1/2 and she's 21/2) and I have yet to fully experience their "wrath" when it comes to wardrobes but JEEEZE. I am so disgusted with people of all ages trying to dress like whores. I think there is a time and place for every outfit. Some outfits i see people wearing to the clubs and to bars should have stayed in the bedroom for a "fantasy night". My mother-in-law is a nice looking woman, but she even goes a bit too far with the short shorts. If I can see any part of your butt, ewwww (no matter how old you are). In my opinion, demure is A LOT sexier. You leave a little to the imagination, wear something that emphasizes your curves without showing everything you've got. Wear a nice curve hugging (but not binding) dress that goes just above the knee, and shows just the tiniest peek of cleavage and I'm sure you'd get better attention. I think that is a boat load sexier than a woman like Paris Hilton, show everything all the time, and leave little to the imagination. Am I wrong or what?

October 9, 2007, 9:47 am CDT

Pleeze!!

Quote From: vlfischer

OK, first of all, let me start by saying I am a 27 year old mother of 2 (one boy and one girl). My kids are still very young (he's 3 1/2 and she's 21/2) and I have yet to fully experience their "wrath" when it comes to wardrobes but JEEEZE. I am so disgusted with people of all ages trying to dress like whores. I think there is a time and place for every outfit. Some outfits i see people wearing to the clubs and to bars should have stayed in the bedroom for a "fantasy night". My mother-in-law is a nice looking woman, but she even goes a bit too far with the short shorts. If I can see any part of your butt, ewwww (no matter how old you are). In my opinion, demure is A LOT sexier. You leave a little to the imagination, wear something that emphasizes your curves without showing everything you've got. Wear a nice curve hugging (but not binding) dress that goes just above the knee, and shows just the tiniest peek of cleavage and I'm sure you'd get better attention. I think that is a boat load sexier than a woman like Paris Hilton, show everything all the time, and leave little to the imagination. Am I wrong or what?
Let me ask you this If you had a shape like Haley Barry would you cover up? Anywhere you look sex sells it is part of the times! If you looked like Eva Longoria would you cover up? I think you can dress classy & sexy if you have it flaunt it. The people that complain are usually not in shape, overweight, and older.  Some "Fantasy night" clothes are trendy & cute. I don't think it is appropriate for someone 300lbs or out of shape to wear a micro mini but someone like Paris I think she looks great! Some things aren't appropriate to wear  to church or a school function but pleeze lighten up and get with the times you dress how you feel comfortable and sexy whether it is leaving things to the imagination or not!

October 9, 2007, 1:33 pm CDT

10/12 Mild vs. Wild

Quote From: mimilynn

You are absolutely right! People are so ignorant and lame when they blame a doll a toy on bad slutty behavior.  It is a parents lack of influence vs. a toy! Parents need to wake up and get REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What about Barbie she dresses like a Slut and nobody complained about her for the last 50 yrs!!!!!!!

Barbies are adult woman dolls. Bratz are pre- and young teen girl dolls. And, they are sickeningly slutty. Might as well call them "Slutz" dolls. Compared to their doll clothes, Barbie's could be worn in a convent.  Anyway, children need more than  just influence from their parents. And, a good example. They need boundaries, discipline and standards. And, they don't need anything that goes against these standards. Such as those over-priced, foreign-made Bratz dolls. 

October 9, 2007, 1:51 pm CDT

10/12 Mild vs. Wild

Quote From: vlfischer

When I used to run a front-end register at Wal-Mart; and saw everyone who entered, and left, the store; I coined a new word. Anti-sexy. So many women; in a wide variety of ages, and sizes; would wear less than I'd wear to bed. I wasn't married back then! And, it looked good on none of them. Wearing demure, figure-flattering clothing; dresses, jeans and tees, it doesn't matter; is sexy. Leaving almost nothing to the imagination; a la Britney, Paris, et al: is anti-sexy.

October 9, 2007, 3:59 pm CDT

Bratz Dolls

Have any of you people seen the Bratz dolls that aren't dressed slutty, Like the bratz kids of the bratz sports dolls like dancing , cheerleading, soccer, children don't know what slutty is unless they are told or taught that. Barbie has been around for centuries and no one is complained about her, she wears bikinis and sheer clothing, what makes her different? Women have had plastic surgery to look like Barbie, I don't think anyone would want to look like a Bratz doll  , they would have to have their head inflated and eyes enlarged, its just a doll & a toy. 

October 9, 2007, 9:04 pm CDT

Bratz or Slutz?

I was not really familiar with what Bratz are.  When my daughters wanted these Baby Bratz dolls for their bithday I was hesitant, but did end up buying them.  The dolls are supposed to be the Bratz when they are toddlers.  So anyway, I buy the dolls and wrap them and they are so happy.  We take the dolls out of the box and they were wearing thongs!  Who in their right mind thinks it's okay for a Baby Doll to wear a thong?  I was shocked and explained to my girls that I was wrong for buying these inappropriate toys and though they were disappointed, I think they hesitantly understood that it was just NOT appropriate.  So, I returned the dolls and let them pick out somthing else that was in better taste.

With all of the sickos molesting children these days, I sure don't want my girls to get the message that it is normal or exceptable for young girls to dress like exotic dancers.  I see girls in 4th and 5th grade who dress so provocatavely that you have to wonder if they are being molested or even prostituted by their parents.  Who in their right mind would allow a child to dress that way?  Oh, I know who would, the same people who think Bratz are cute and sex sells.  I'm sorry, my children's innocence is not for sale.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last