Message Boards

Topic : 07/02 The O.J. Book Battle

Number of Replies: 973
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, October 08, 2007, 04:49:49 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/15/08) The speculation surrounding O.J. Simpson has never stopped since his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ron Goldman were tragically murdered 13 years ago. Millions watched O.J.'s infamous white Bronco chase on TV. The murder trial, which lasted 10 months, is often called the trial of the century and was the most watched in history. Simpson stirred the controversy again by attempting to publish a book called, If I Did It. While he says it's a work of fiction, the family of Ron Goldman believes If I Did It is his confession, and that he got caught up in the interview process for the book and forgot that he was supposed to be speculating rather than reporting. Now, the Goldmans are the focus of a huge controversy as they take over publishing the tome. Are they justified in taking the profits away from the man they believe to have killed their loved one? And, meet the ghostwriter of If I Did It, Pablo Fenjves, a man who sat across the table from O.J. for over three months as the former football star told him how it would have happened -- if he had been the killer. Join Fenjves as he goes back to the crime scene and reveals compelling details from his conversations with Simpson. Plus, Dr. Phil offers his take on O.J. and this now best-selling book. Was it a confession, or is it truly just a hypothetical account? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 12, 2007, 3:23 am CDT

New O J Book

I am anxiously awaiting to read the new book written by OJ. 

I was in school, at the time, and able to watch most of the trial, as well as discuss it with fellow students and teachers.  One day we would go in, and say "He did it"  one day we would go in and say, "No way".  It became a way of saying hello.  We all watched it, that attended night school.  I still am not certain that he is guilty, and I watched the trial, day by day, faithfully.  If he is innocent, think of how he must  feel.  If he is guilty, a far more serious critic than any court room occupant is talking with him on a minute by minute basis, his own inner psyche.  I don't believe in murder, or mistreatment of another human being in any way, shape or form.  I think something has to be done about the school security, very, very soon.  I have my own theory on how all of these heinous school shootings can be stopped, and I believe that it would most definitly work, without a doubt.  Why don't we secure our children so they can grow up to make their place in the world, without fear of entering their safety zones, where they learn to do just that, their schools.   Peace. Mary in OH.

October 12, 2007, 7:26 am CDT

Double Standard

People who continue to say that O.J. Simpson murdered Nicole and Ron continue to play double standards. They continue to persecute the man after the court cleared him of criminal responsibility. This indicates that they don't believe in the justice system, and that make it very dangerous. What information do they have that wasn't presented in the trial that makes them more right than the jurors who decided on the case? Hypocrites!

bn

October 12, 2007, 7:42 am CDT

"If I Did It"

The title should by "Why I did it." The guy got away with murder plain and simple and I can't understand at all why anyone on this planet would ask him for his autograph. It makes me sick and I really feel for the Goldmans to have to put up with this guys nonsense. I wonder what his adult children think of Daddy now. Yes, oj they do grow up and can figure things out for themselves. You did it so stop acting like a victim. Grow up.

October 12, 2007, 8:28 am CDT

what do I think of OJ's book

I can't believe he could write such a thing, I am horrified at his indulgent nature, all along.  He disgusts me!

Two people are dead, one being the mother of his two children.  I wish someone would lock him up and throw away the key, he does not deserve freedom, he should not be able to write such a book, that is insane!

October 12, 2007, 8:52 am CDT

"If I Did It"

Quote From: bnaito

People who continue to say that O.J. Simpson murdered Nicole and Ron continue to play double standards. They continue to persecute the man after the court cleared him of criminal responsibility. This indicates that they don't believe in the justice system, and that make it very dangerous. What information do they have that wasn't presented in the trial that makes them more right than the jurors who decided on the case? Hypocrites!

bn

The justice system works when you have an intelligent jury. If this jury had considered the mountain of evidence pointing to OJ Simpson and weren't swayed by Johnnie Cochran's manipultaion of them by playing the race card, OJ would have been convicted hands-down. Almost all the lawyers today who discuss this case for whatever reason all say he was guilty and got away with murder and what an injustice the jury did. Perhaps it's time for professional juries who can ponder real evidence instead of their emotions.

October 12, 2007, 8:53 am CDT

Double Jeopardy?

Quote From: kellejc

I would think that O. J. would want to stay out of the limelight after getting away with such a horrendous crime.  I think he is the epitome of arrogant!

Any lawyers out there?  Is it true that even if he admits he did it he can never be tried again?  I think he knows this and is playing cat and mouse with everyone.  He is a sociopath!!

October 12, 2007, 9:03 am CDT

The Dream Team

Quote From: jannypa

The justice system works when you have an intelligent jury. If this jury had considered the mountain of evidence pointing to OJ Simpson and weren't swayed by Johnnie Cochran's manipultaion of them by playing the race card, OJ would have been convicted hands-down. Almost all the lawyers today who discuss this case for whatever reason all say he was guilty and got away with murder and what an injustice the jury did. Perhaps it's time for professional juries who can ponder real evidence instead of their emotions.
Maybe there should be limits on how many lawyers 1 defendant can hire.  Weren't their 7 at OJ's trial.  That could have been impressive to them as well.  If you ask me if you need to add an extra table or another row of seats- there are just too many lawyers!! The rich have a different scale of justice if they can hire a caravan of the country's best attorneys.  I do believe that we have the best system of justice in the world but, there is always room for improvement.

October 12, 2007, 9:34 am CDT

wow

I would not buy the book.

October 12, 2007, 10:09 am CDT

HE DID IT !

Quote From: jannypa

You wonder why he wasn't covered in blood....he brought different dark clothing...Nicole's and Ron's blood was found in the Bronco and in his shower...The reason he was acquitted was because by playing the race card, the jury IGNORED the mountains of evidence pointing to only one killer, OJ Simpson...I'm sure if they had an actual video of the killing, that ignorant jury still would have acquitted him!

You are right about bringing different clothes. He gave a satchel, with his clothes in it, to Kardashian. Did anyone notice the utter disbelief on Kardashian's face when the verdict was read?

One of the reasons he was acquitted was because the defense tried to make it look like he was framed by the police department. The steps that the police took was not proper and therefore the defense claimed that the dna was tainted. I knew from the moment I heard about the chase that he did it. Why was he so upset? Why would he want to kill himself? Because he couldn't handle the death of Nicole???? Yeah right!! Because he didn't want to spend his life in jail.

He is one sick puppy and anyone who has anything to do with him is even sicker. I feel very sorry for his kids who he no doubt has brainwashed into thinking that their mom was a horrible person and deserved to die and that HE is the greatest man to live.

What a sicko! I can't imagine what the Goldmans and the Brown family must feel like. What they have to endure. It's horrific.

October 12, 2007, 12:07 pm CDT

"If I Did It"

Quote From: kobesnana

You are right about bringing different clothes. He gave a satchel, with his clothes in it, to Kardashian. Did anyone notice the utter disbelief on Kardashian's face when the verdict was read?

One of the reasons he was acquitted was because the defense tried to make it look like he was framed by the police department. The steps that the police took was not proper and therefore the defense claimed that the dna was tainted. I knew from the moment I heard about the chase that he did it. Why was he so upset? Why would he want to kill himself? Because he couldn't handle the death of Nicole???? Yeah right!! Because he didn't want to spend his life in jail.

He is one sick puppy and anyone who has anything to do with him is even sicker. I feel very sorry for his kids who he no doubt has brainwashed into thinking that their mom was a horrible person and deserved to die and that HE is the greatest man to live.

What a sicko! I can't imagine what the Goldmans and the Brown family must feel like. What they have to endure. It's horrific.

Yes, thank you for pointing out Kardashian's utter disbelieving look!  Most of the country had the same look on their face...you are right, the defense tried to say he was framed, raising reasonable doubt, and used Fuhrman perjuring himself about the "N" word to show he could have planted the bloody glove. And speaking of the car chase, if he was innocent why was he carrying cash and a disguise?????? 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last