Message Boards

Topic : 07/02 The O.J. Book Battle

Number of Replies: 973
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, October 08, 2007, 04:49:49 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/15/08) The speculation surrounding O.J. Simpson has never stopped since his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ron Goldman were tragically murdered 13 years ago. Millions watched O.J.'s infamous white Bronco chase on TV. The murder trial, which lasted 10 months, is often called the trial of the century and was the most watched in history. Simpson stirred the controversy again by attempting to publish a book called, If I Did It. While he says it's a work of fiction, the family of Ron Goldman believes If I Did It is his confession, and that he got caught up in the interview process for the book and forgot that he was supposed to be speculating rather than reporting. Now, the Goldmans are the focus of a huge controversy as they take over publishing the tome. Are they justified in taking the profits away from the man they believe to have killed their loved one? And, meet the ghostwriter of If I Did It, Pablo Fenjves, a man who sat across the table from O.J. for over three months as the former football star told him how it would have happened -- if he had been the killer. Join Fenjves as he goes back to the crime scene and reveals compelling details from his conversations with Simpson. Plus, Dr. Phil offers his take on O.J. and this now best-selling book. Was it a confession, or is it truly just a hypothetical account? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 13, 2007, 4:42 am CDT

OJ

What I can't figure out is why no one put very much stock into the fact that Nicole's dog did not react to the murders.  Her dog would have attacked the killer.  In most cases, a dog will not attack his owner.  They are loyal to a fault.  If my husband tried to hurt me, in any way, my dogs (two golden retrievers) would be so confused as to who to protect, since both of us are their masters.  They would, more than likely, just be so upset that they would wander off, as Nicole's dog did.  Who knows, perhaps the dog tried to follow OJ when he left.  I, so think, he is guilty!!!  The man is just a poor specimen of a human being.  He makes me sick just to look at him or hear his name mentioned.  And the book....is just another one of his 'sick' ideas to hurt Nicole's and Ron's famiy.  I will not read it.  I'm anxiously awaiting when he will get his!  I'm a true believer in 'what goes around, comes around'....I hope it's soon.

Betty

October 13, 2007, 6:38 am CDT

OJ Simplson

I think it is very sad that in this day, OJ is still getting what he wants.  MEDIA ATTENTION!!!  He is guilty of murder, he got away with it everyone should ignore him. He thrives on media attention and as long as it is given, he will never go away.  It disapoints me that you are devoting a show to him the book etc.  I won't be watching this one.  Whenever I see him on anything, I turn the channel. He is a waste of time, energy and air on this earth.  Paula

October 13, 2007, 8:53 am CDT

Sure he did it!

Yes we all know he did it and half the world applauded his getting away with it while the other half were in shock - and rightly so! Whether you want to admit it or not, it became a racial thing - as always - never mind the two lives that were snuffed out by the worm O.J.Simpson. I even believe that had Nicole been a black woman, it would not have been such a big deal and black people would have admitted he did it. Unfortunately, money played a humongus part in the jury's decision and the judicial system played an even bigger part in letting it all go down the way it did. It's a pretty sorry system we have these days - glorify the scum who commit crimes and forget the victim(s). Thankfully, God is going to take care of it all at the right time!

I don't understand why you are doing a show to spotlight this creep, Dr. Phil - he's a nothing! And yes - the Goldmans should get all they can get from it!

Come to think of it, I don't understand why you play up the Brittney Spears thing either - she's loving all the attention too! Too much attention has already been given her and all the other trash just like her. They're all singing the same song - IT'S ALL ABOUT ME - ME - ME - ME - ME!

I feel this is a lot of the problem with teens and young adults today. There are no good examples coming out of Hollywood or anywhere else for that matter. There are no heroes either. It's all garbage - fashion, talk, behavior, music, books, politics, you name it - GARBAGE! Then you wonder how some kids turn out the way they have?!

You're changing and I'm thinking you've become too influenced by Hollywood and your success -which is what the majority out there does - try not to forget where you came from! This would be good for all of us to remember!

October 13, 2007, 9:02 am CDT

Lets not encourage the book sale

By covering this book all that will happen is that he will once again be put in the spotlight wish he wants, and in a sick way it actually will promote the sale of this book for him, so he can make even more money off the murder. Everyone knows deep down that he is guilty , seriously what innocent person would write a book about their spouses murder as if they were the one that did it if they didn't, he one day will pay the price for what he did, in the mean time my heart goes out to the victims families for having to relive this tragedy over and over again. God Bless them all.

October 13, 2007, 9:15 am CDT

10/15 The O.J. Book Battle

Tido that!  This is exactly what he wanted "MEDIA ATTENTION."  We the people fought for Fox not to air the documentary but now here comes THE FAMILIES.

I so furious about this show, the both family , OJ, and the writer??????????????????????????????

People are dying in the world, children in America need their parents or what is left of it, and we are giving a senseless man with no heart this much attention. His children can read this book and see how their dad acts in time of trouble, so they better watch out too.

Pissed off.

October 13, 2007, 9:17 am CDT

Glad to see you take on the OJ story.

I had wished for a long time you would wiegh in on the OJ subject.

I recently saw another subject for you to consider. Young kids as preachers. A young boy, less then 10yr old I think, preaching in church, public, and picketing an abortion clinic. I believe it was already obviuos to all or most viewers that this was obsurd, the goal of a show might be to get the father to see this. He is the source of the boys preaching. Local affiliate, Milwaukee, channel 12, last day or two. Keep up the good work all.

October 13, 2007, 9:18 am CDT

Disgusting

This book was absolutely disgusting to read. All OJ was doing was trying to "explain" and cover up what he did. Well, the cut onmy hand came from a glass......and Nicole was obsessed with me....and I never hit her....Give us a break already!!!!! This dispicable attempt to publish his book through a bogus publisher to avoid any proceeds to go the families he owes for the civil suit is sickening!!!!!!!! Well, OJ, you almost got away with that one, but not quite!!!!! I mean doesn't he have some unpaid parking tickets somewhere they can lock him up for since double jeapordy is off the table.....I mean, seriously!!!!!!!!!

October 13, 2007, 9:35 am CDT

Thanks for your post.

Quote From: bnaito

People who continue to say that O.J. Simpson murdered Nicole and Ron continue to play double standards. They continue to persecute the man after the court cleared him of criminal responsibility. This indicates that they don't believe in the justice system, and that make it very dangerous. What information do they have that wasn't presented in the trial that makes them more right than the jurors who decided on the case? Hypocrites!

bn

The jury had to believe he was innocent within the framework of evidence they were given. The system worked in that he was given due process by a jury of his peers. The system is not flawless or we wouldn't have convictions overturned years later by things like DNA. He was given the benefit of the doubt to be innocent until proven guilty. It was a hard fought uphill battle for the prosecution to prove he was guilty. A battle which they lost. I would suggest to you that this battle fails in comparrison to the battle you would face if you tried to convince the public he is innocent.

October 13, 2007, 9:37 am CDT

OJ doesn't get a DIME

Quote From: jlswish26

By covering this book all that will happen is that he will once again be put in the spotlight wish he wants, and in a sick way it actually will promote the sale of this book for him, so he can make even more money off the murder. Everyone knows deep down that he is guilty , seriously what innocent person would write a book about their spouses murder as if they were the one that did it if they didn't, he one day will pay the price for what he did, in the mean time my heart goes out to the victims families for having to relive this tragedy over and over again. God Bless them all.
The beauty of buying the book is that you get to rob OJ of the $$ he was seeking.  The Goldmans have won the publishing and profit rights for this book.  This book will help to pay off the millions that OJ owes them from the civil case.  The Goldmans are publishing the confession of a killer.

October 13, 2007, 9:41 am CDT

Are you kidding me?

Now that the public is more knowledgable about DNA, they should be aware of the overwhelming evidence of his DNA.  And for the defense saying the evidence was planted, trust me those officers have better things to do.  And for the statement from the message boards , "You are right about bringing different clothes. He gave a satchel, with his clothes in it, to Kardashian. Did anyone notice the utter disbelief on Kardashian's face when the verdict was read?  Very well said. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last