Message Boards

Topic : 07/02 The O.J. Book Battle

Number of Replies: 973
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, October 08, 2007, 04:49:49 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/15/08) The speculation surrounding O.J. Simpson has never stopped since his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ron Goldman were tragically murdered 13 years ago. Millions watched O.J.'s infamous white Bronco chase on TV. The murder trial, which lasted 10 months, is often called the trial of the century and was the most watched in history. Simpson stirred the controversy again by attempting to publish a book called, If I Did It. While he says it's a work of fiction, the family of Ron Goldman believes If I Did It is his confession, and that he got caught up in the interview process for the book and forgot that he was supposed to be speculating rather than reporting. Now, the Goldmans are the focus of a huge controversy as they take over publishing the tome. Are they justified in taking the profits away from the man they believe to have killed their loved one? And, meet the ghostwriter of If I Did It, Pablo Fenjves, a man who sat across the table from O.J. for over three months as the former football star told him how it would have happened -- if he had been the killer. Join Fenjves as he goes back to the crime scene and reveals compelling details from his conversations with Simpson. Plus, Dr. Phil offers his take on O.J. and this now best-selling book. Was it a confession, or is it truly just a hypothetical account? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 13, 2007, 9:43 am CDT

Enough! Who really cares?

Who really cares what OJ does about anything.  Is there someone out there outside the media who gets up in the morning wondering how to make head lines about OJ and his new shoes or where is eats or drives?
OJ has become one of those media headline hooks to sell papers.
There is little alturistic social contibution from anything he does for himself or others.  He has contributed enough, if I have a say.  He got the first two for almost free.  He did not serve prison time and is not paying his civil suit obligation.
What else is there to possibly know?  Where he is golfing today?  I just wish they would get past it.  Ultimately his legacy will haunt the media for years to come.  Like the JFK and fanticy theories.
The media will have a live camera in the grave so they can watch his last touchdown.

October 13, 2007, 9:49 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Battle Book Doctor J. O. Phil Simpson The. Are you kidding me? O.J. Simpson never did any crime at all.---

See you on Monday Octobet 15th, 2007. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaandeen.-----------------------------------------

October 13, 2007, 9:57 am CDT

It will be interesting to see...

...what the ghost writer for OJ's book has to say. Is it just me, or does OJ come off as extremely arrogant? Drives me nuts! I think he is guilty, and with someone like OJ, I am sure he was just itching to tell someone all about it. Aren't arrogent people like that? Bragging on how they did something, good or bad, and how they got away with it?  It seems like not only are these people full of themselves, but it is their want to let everyone else know how much better they are than everyone else. Can't wait to see the show!

October 13, 2007, 10:00 am CDT

O.J.The Slick Killer

Quote From: kobesnana

You are right about bringing different clothes. He gave a satchel, with his clothes in it, to Kardashian. Did anyone notice the utter disbelief on Kardashian's face when the verdict was read?

One of the reasons he was acquitted was because the defense tried to make it look like he was framed by the police department. The steps that the police took was not proper and therefore the defense claimed that the dna was tainted. I knew from the moment I heard about the chase that he did it. Why was he so upset? Why would he want to kill himself? Because he couldn't handle the death of Nicole???? Yeah right!! Because he didn't want to spend his life in jail.

He is one sick puppy and anyone who has anything to do with him is even sicker. I feel very sorry for his kids who he no doubt has brainwashed into thinking that their mom was a horrible person and deserved to die and that HE is the greatest man to live.

What a sicko! I can't imagine what the Goldmans and the Brown family must feel like. What they have to endure. It's horrific.

Yes He got away with Murder,The one Black Juror Woman made a Statement after the Trial that the first Day  She knew that O.J. Wasn't Guilty,so there was no way they could Convict Him,with People like that on the Juror. Just look at Him today,the way People flock around Him like He was some kind of Hero. Sick Sick People.

October 13, 2007, 10:06 am CDT

read book

I read the book..just returned it to the library.The way it reads is he knows to much not to have done it,BUT  Goldmans family might have done a few rewrites  to make it seem that way.I always though he knew who did it.I  never thought that O J would dirty  his hands to do it himself.

October 13, 2007, 10:51 am CDT

ARE WE SO LOST IN THIS COUNTRY?

I REALLY HAVE TO WONDER WHERE THIS COUNTRY IS HEADED.  WE HAVE MADE HEROES AND ROLE MODELS OUT OF ATHLETES, AND THEN WHEN SOMETHING REALLY BAD HAPPENS CONCERNING ONE OF THEM, WE SPEND DECADES EITHER TRYING TO CONDEMN OR CONDONE THAT PERSON.  PERSONALLY, I DO BELIEVE THAT OJ KILLED NICOLE AND RON.  BUT ONLY GOD KNOWS FOR CERTAIN, AND HE IS THE ULTIMATE JUDGE OVER OJ.  I THINK IT IS HORRIBLE THAT THE MAN WOULD WRITE THIS BOOK, AND IT ONLY GOES TO SHOW HIS ARROGANCE TOWARD THE LEGAL SYSTEM, AND THE PEOPLE IN GENERAL.  AND WE ARE SUPPOSED TO PAY MONEY FOR HIS BOOK, AND KEEP HIM IN THE PUBLIC EYE, NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON?!!!  LET HIM STAY HIDDEN.  I DONT' CARE WHEN HE PLAYS GOLF, OR ANYTHING ELSE HE DOES, UNLESS HE IS BREAKING ANOTHER LAW.  IN THE END, HE WILL BE JUDGED, JUST NOT BY US.  I WOULDN'T WANT TO BE HIM, BE GUILTY, WITH HIS ATTITUDE, AND HAVE TO FACE GOD AND EXPLAIN WHY HE DID WHAT HE DID, AND REACTED AND ACTED THE WAY HE HAS SINCE THEN.

October 13, 2007, 10:56 am CDT

????

Quote From: jannypa

You wonder why he wasn't covered in blood....he brought different dark clothing...Nicole's and Ron's blood was found in the Bronco and in his shower...The reason he was acquitted was because by playing the race card, the jury IGNORED the mountains of evidence pointing to only one killer, OJ Simpson...I'm sure if they had an actual video of the killing, that ignorant jury still would have acquitted him!

Oh  so you didn't watch the trial??  How could you even think he is innocent?? In 69 years I have never seen anyone so GUILTY of a crime such as he committed That jury was so wrong in finding him not guilty, the rest of the world, except you, knows he got away with double murder.

Jan

October 13, 2007, 11:22 am CDT

then you are the only one still clueless

Quote From: emilec132

I think it is tragec how people presume that OJ is guilty.  After all, he was aquitted in the criminal trial.  Everyone assumes that OJ went there to kill his wife and that poor Ron Goldman happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I think that Ron was the intended victim and that OJ's wife opened the door at the wrong time.  I think it was a drug related killing.  Wasn't Ron's roommate, also, killed just shortly afterward?  Food for thought people.  How could OJ have committed such a bloody crime and not be covered in blood himself?  In the civil trial no one had to prove that he really committed the crime, only that he could have.  A lot of innocent victims are in prison today because no one had to prove that they were guilty.

October 13, 2007, 12:49 pm CDT

OJ, If I Did It - Oh Paleeaase!!!

O.J.'s book is a ridiculous way for him  to further mock and abuse the legal system that allowed this guilty man to walk away - IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE WORLD - without so much as a slap on the wrist.  He did it so famously, even glamorously, ONCE.  Why not do it again and again for profit?!?  When you're above the law you can get away with lots of things, right?

However, I support the Goldman's 100% in the right to publish and distribute this book.  They should squeeze him as hard as they can - every turn he makes, for the rest of his life.  If it were me, I would be his constant shadow, watching and waiting.  Eventually, he'll stump his toe.  And this time, there will be PLENTY  of live witnesses.  Maybe he can teach inmates at San Quentin to play golf!!!

October 13, 2007, 1:03 pm CDT

Russell Vlaandeen

Quote From: hpmx59

Battle Book Doctor J. O. Phil Simpson The. Are you kidding me? O.J. Simpson never did any crime at all.---

See you on Monday Octobet 15th, 2007. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaandeen.-----------------------------------------

Russell, what are you trying to say?  I do not understand any of your messages, they don't make any sense at all.    Are you serious that OJ never did any crime at all?    Please think out what your going to write before you write it so that it makes sense to the rest of us.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last