Message Boards

Topic : 07/02 The O.J. Book Battle

Number of Replies: 973
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, October 08, 2007, 04:49:49 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/15/08) The speculation surrounding O.J. Simpson has never stopped since his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ron Goldman were tragically murdered 13 years ago. Millions watched O.J.'s infamous white Bronco chase on TV. The murder trial, which lasted 10 months, is often called the trial of the century and was the most watched in history. Simpson stirred the controversy again by attempting to publish a book called, If I Did It. While he says it's a work of fiction, the family of Ron Goldman believes If I Did It is his confession, and that he got caught up in the interview process for the book and forgot that he was supposed to be speculating rather than reporting. Now, the Goldmans are the focus of a huge controversy as they take over publishing the tome. Are they justified in taking the profits away from the man they believe to have killed their loved one? And, meet the ghostwriter of If I Did It, Pablo Fenjves, a man who sat across the table from O.J. for over three months as the former football star told him how it would have happened -- if he had been the killer. Join Fenjves as he goes back to the crime scene and reveals compelling details from his conversations with Simpson. Plus, Dr. Phil offers his take on O.J. and this now best-selling book. Was it a confession, or is it truly just a hypothetical account? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 14, 2008, 10:44 pm CDT

07/02 The O.J. Book Battle

Quote From: scaramouche

Double jeopardy is an illegal violation of justice, and in this case, double jeopardy thinking is the by-product of resentment and pure bigoted hatred

Yes. Double jeopardy is not legal...In some cases it should be..If there is new evidence, or the person later says "Yes I did it and got away with it" . After all, if someone is found guilty, they can appeal several times.

I do not believe that it is a by-product of resentment or bigoted hatred..After all, it was OJ who played the race card...Personaly I don't care what color the man is...HE DID IT..There was way to much DNA evidence

for it to have been anyone else....And remember all the lies he told about where he was and what he was doing that night...Sleeping, golfing, taking a shower....He couldn't keep his story straight.....OJ got away with murder.....

October 1, 2008, 3:39 am CDT

justice not racism

Quote From: litlmama2

I understand exactly why the Goldmans pursued the rights to this book which I believe is a confession. I have always believed he is guilty. He may have gotten away with murder here on earth but he will answer for it one day. It is not the money that the Goldmans wanted. They did not want OJ to get the money. I do not have any desire to read the book. It would be hard emotionally. I do plan to buy the book however just to support the Goldmans and then destroy it. I hope other people will do the same. My heart goes out to the Goldmans and Nicole's family.
I agree and am angry to read the reactions of many of the viewers. To me this is not and never was a racial issue although it was made one. It was just one of average of 1500 murders of wives/girlfriends that happen in the US every year. In some countries this kind of murder is socially approved. I thought we were different. It's well past time the Goldman's received some measure of truth and from what I saw on the show this is not and never has been about the money. Thank you Dr. Phil.

October 20, 2008, 10:32 am CDT

Look deeper

Now, I don't want to offend anyone or question those who think they know all the answers but I am shocked that nobody is taking notice of the new evidence brought to light (and subsequently ignored by the authorities).

I understand why people believe OJ is guilty but surely the main motivation is to catch the real killers? If that is your interest (rather than a hatred of the notion that OJ got away with murder) then you need to read the info out there and watch the documentary.

There is far more to this story than meets the eye.  OJ was wrong - terribly wrong - for cashing in on the tragedy, but that doesnt mean he was guilty of the original crimes.  Don't take my word for it, read it yourself.  Do a search on 'OJ's son real murderer.'

First | Prev | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | Next Page | Last Page