Message Boards

Topic : 07/02 The O.J. Book Battle

Number of Replies: 973
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, October 08, 2007, 04:49:49 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/15/08) The speculation surrounding O.J. Simpson has never stopped since his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ron Goldman were tragically murdered 13 years ago. Millions watched O.J.'s infamous white Bronco chase on TV. The murder trial, which lasted 10 months, is often called the trial of the century and was the most watched in history. Simpson stirred the controversy again by attempting to publish a book called, If I Did It. While he says it's a work of fiction, the family of Ron Goldman believes If I Did It is his confession, and that he got caught up in the interview process for the book and forgot that he was supposed to be speculating rather than reporting. Now, the Goldmans are the focus of a huge controversy as they take over publishing the tome. Are they justified in taking the profits away from the man they believe to have killed their loved one? And, meet the ghostwriter of If I Did It, Pablo Fenjves, a man who sat across the table from O.J. for over three months as the former football star told him how it would have happened -- if he had been the killer. Join Fenjves as he goes back to the crime scene and reveals compelling details from his conversations with Simpson. Plus, Dr. Phil offers his take on O.J. and this now best-selling book. Was it a confession, or is it truly just a hypothetical account? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 8, 2007, 6:05 pm CDT

Its very sad!!!!

that the media is willing to spend time, and energy on a sad soul as O.J. is!!!

He did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  and got away with it.  what else to ad to that!  The whole world knows his story already, as a matter of fact, we are tired of his storyies.

so no................ this book will not be one that I`ll encourage!

Elisabeth

October 8, 2007, 7:08 pm CDT

Could he be innocent?

I think it is tragec how people presume that OJ is guilty.  After all, he was aquitted in the criminal trial.  Everyone assumes that OJ went there to kill his wife and that poor Ron Goldman happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I think that Ron was the intended victim and that OJ's wife opened the door at the wrong time.  I think it was a drug related killing.  Wasn't Ron's roommate, also, killed just shortly afterward?  Food for thought people.  How could OJ have committed such a bloody crime and not be covered in blood himself?  In the civil trial no one had to prove that he really committed the crime, only that he could have.  A lot of innocent victims are in prison today because no one had to prove that they were guilty.

October 9, 2007, 1:41 pm CDT

"If I Did It"

I would think that O. J. would want to stay out of the limelight after getting away with such a horrendous crime.  I think he is the epitome of arrogant!

October 9, 2007, 4:27 pm CDT

Sortasorry!

Its clear to me that OJ did commit this horrible crime and simply won by a tragic list of technicalities and allot of money! His pathetic effort to apologize to a nation that once worshiped him is twisted and is a clear sign of his mental state! He is I believe a sociopath in nature so truly believes that he can in some way regain respect while making money at the same time! His life has become so pathetic with friends that come from shady backgrounds! Great for the Goldman's! Hold him responsible! Spend the rest of their lives haunting him! He needs this constant reminder of the lives he so selfishly destroyed!

October 9, 2007, 4:36 pm CDT

"If I Did It"

Quote From: kellejc

I would think that O. J. would want to stay out of the limelight after getting away with such a horrendous crime.  I think he is the epitome of arrogant!

Most people would want to hide but OJ is desperate to be once again in the limelight in any kind of way! He misses the once adored adoration of all his fans! Sadly they are gone and he is now simply a circus side show that most just look at in utter disbelief!

October 9, 2007, 5:19 pm CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Did Doctor If I It Phil. I donot know what you are talking about. What is it iF I Did It? I Donot understand that.-

Doctor Phil I think you gone to farr but I do like you alot. See you soon. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaandere--

n.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 10, 2007, 9:01 pm CDT

IF I DID IT

I can not believe that he would have the guts to write such an awful and dispicable book!  How dare he write such trash!  Does he not think how this would effect his kids!!!  Hasn't he done enough to those kids that they need to know what their father is capable of?  This is going to be such a mind game on those kids with such nonsense.  Isn't it bad enough that their mother was taken from them in such a horrible way that their father has to write a book on how he would kill her?  Get real O.J. and think about someone besides your poor pitiful soul!!  You need to look at how to help your children instead of showing them what a cold-blood SOB that you really are!!!

October 11, 2007, 9:33 am CDT

But he is NOT innocent

Quote From: emilec132

I think it is tragec how people presume that OJ is guilty.  After all, he was aquitted in the criminal trial.  Everyone assumes that OJ went there to kill his wife and that poor Ron Goldman happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I think that Ron was the intended victim and that OJ's wife opened the door at the wrong time.  I think it was a drug related killing.  Wasn't Ron's roommate, also, killed just shortly afterward?  Food for thought people.  How could OJ have committed such a bloody crime and not be covered in blood himself?  In the civil trial no one had to prove that he really committed the crime, only that he could have.  A lot of innocent victims are in prison today because no one had to prove that they were guilty.
You wonder why he wasn't covered in blood....he brought different dark clothing...Nicole's and Ron's blood was found in the Bronco and in his shower...The reason he was acquitted was because by playing the race card, the jury IGNORED the mountains of evidence pointing to only one killer, OJ Simpson...I'm sure if they had an actual video of the killing, that ignorant jury still would have acquitted him!

October 11, 2007, 9:37 am CDT

Double Jeopardy

If only they could reverse the rule of Double Jeopardy and put this murderer behind bars where he belongs! To try to make money by writing this confession in disguise just proves what a sociopathic ,narcissistic creep this guy is...does he talk in the book about how he's still trying to find the real "killer"???  What must their children think???

October 11, 2007, 2:21 pm CDT

He did it.

He murdered them and got away with it. He thinks he is above all else and cannot be punished. The man has a definite mental problem. I feel for his children. They also know he's a killer.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last