Message Boards

Topic : 10/16 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp Newlyweds, Part 5

Number of Replies: 49
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 12, 2007, 02:51:48 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
As their move-out day draws near, the three couples in Dr. Phil’s marriage retreat finally stop fighting and start getting real about making changes in their lives and marriages. First, the husbands watch their better halves get dolled up and leave for a night on the town. Initially jealous, the men are delighted to learn they’re going to get to spy on their wives. What really happens during ladies night? As they watch the women get approached and hit on by strange men, you won’t believe how the husbands react! Then, an important final exercise causes the men to let their guard down and finally open up to their wives. After seeing their spouse’s softer side, can Danielle, Kim and Karla trust again and move forward? Then, Dr. Phil has his final meeting with the group and imparts his secret for staying happily married. Upon seeing photos of their children, the couples recognize their motivation for a new beginning. And, Dr. Phil’s wife, Robin, joins them to answer questions about strengthening their union from here on out. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 16, 2007, 8:03 am CDT

What happened to Jack and Danielle?

After watching the last episode of the newlyweds man camp I wasn't clear on what has become of Jack and Danielle.  They followed up with the other couples and how they're doing now.  They even said that the other 2 couples are going on a cruise together.....

Anyone know?  I'm guessing they didn't do well and so the results weren't televised.

October 16, 2007, 9:41 am CDT

why man camp?

why is 'man camp', called man camp? the couples that are there, it's not just the male that is the problem. many of the females are part of the problems. if both male and female are at fault, it should be called couples camp. i have been in almost been in every situation since man camp has started. it is both male and female that are at fault. so what i want to say is, it should be called couples camp. it is the couples that have a problem, not just the male or female, it's both of them.so let's get this together, get dr. phil to change his title.

October 16, 2007, 10:00 am CDT

Man Camp

Never posted here before in the Man Camp area. This like most is not my favoirte only cause most of what is said and done I don't agree with. I love Dr Phil show but he has a problem of sometimes picking on the man more then the woman, when its easy understood that they both are part of the problem. My husband gets very annoyed when I do watch Man Camp (I cant help but what to know how this ends) he sees it as both there fault and he doesn't understand why Dr Phil doesn't like the woman have it as well as he gives it to the men. I don't understand how these people could have been together for years and still have it this bad, I wish they could explain why both these people put up with this. Maybe they just don't know any better cause they do cry (both) when the look of divorce is close. I don't have a prefect marriage or anything, but I couldn't image fighting everday, or just not listening to my husband and vice versa. And they say young couples fall apart, I got married at 18, these people are what in there 30's lol age doesn't matter.

October 16, 2007, 11:57 am CDT

John and Karla

Dr. Phil,

I am very surprised you let Karla go home without any support with her alcohol problem.  She has been in rehab three times and was drinking at the Dr. Phil house.  I am also very surprised you didn't suggest that John attend Al-Anon meetings, I really think it would help him to get some support.  I watch your show all the time and whenever someone is struggling with an addiction you offer them help but I have never heard you tell the families about Al-Anon.  I am sure you are familiar with the program.  My husband and I have been married for 27 years and he is my qualifier and we have five children.  We have struggled with alcohol (which is a family illness) all through our marrage.  I began going to Al-Anon two years ago.  When I first started I was sure I wanted to divorce my husband.  He is currently in recovery and not an active alcoholic (just for today I am grateful for that) and I have a huge support system from Al-Anon.  I know if it weren't for the Al-Anon program things would not have turned out this positively. 

October 16, 2007, 1:52 pm CDT

john and karla

Living with a drunk is very exasperating and trying, I understand John's behavior, although I do not condone it.  I hope both of them left Man Camp with the tools they need to live a happy life.

October 16, 2007, 1:57 pm CDT

12 Steps (Questions related to divorce readiness)

Quote From: nightstar3

a few days ago Dr. Phil said he would have 12 steps or rules to see if you are ready for divorce.  Does anyone know where to find them?

This article has 12 Qs to ask yourself... I think it's what you wanted :)

Calling It Quits

Dr. Phil believes most people in America are too quick to get divorced. You shouldn't get a divorce, he says, until 1) you have turned over every stone & investigated every avenue of rehabilitation possible, &  2) you have no unfinished emotional business.

Have you gotten help for your marriage? Have you exhausted all avenues of putting your marriage back together? That means everything from reading books or going to a marriage counselor, to speaking to a clergy member & spending time focusing on you & your role in what's going on.

You need to ask yourself:

• What was your marriage like when it worked?
  • When did it go wrong? Why?
  • Is what you're fighting about worth breaking up your marriage over?
  • What do you want?
  • What is it costing you to be in your relationship?
  • Are you willing to put in the effort to make the relationship work?
  • What are you doing to contaminate the relationship?

Divorce Readiness Test:

"You know you're ready for a divorce when you can walk out the door with no anger, frustration or hurt. Otherwise, you've got unfinished business," says Dr. Phil. "Unless & until you look each other in the eye feeling peace, no hatred or resentment, you're not ready to get a divorce."

Do not make life-changing decisions in the midst of emotional turmoil. Such consequential decisions should not be made when tensions are high. Get on flat ground first so you can look at things more rationally.

Ask yourself:

• Are you still in love with your spouse?
  • Are you hurt?
  • Are you scared?
  • Are you angry?
  • Are you confused?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, you've failed the test. This is not the time to make life-changing decisions. You have more work to do.

October 16, 2007, 2:01 pm CDT

To the couples at Mancamp Newlyweds

I have to say that I am glad to see the progress all of you have made and have noticed how much everyone's countenance has changed since the first episode... much brighter/hopeful/happier. I truly
wish the best for each of you. It is encouraging to see the radical life transformations & am grateful that each of you had the courage to get help & own up to your problems. I hope & pray that you stay the course & please know there are a lot of people rooting for you, (me for one). Life throws a lot of curveballs at times, but there is nothing like coming home to a peaceful house & a loving spouse.

October 16, 2007, 2:07 pm CDT

Enough with the Dr. Phil Family

I have held this in forever.....enough with putting your family on the show and having everyone sing their praises.  All of my friends agree...Dr. Phil shoves his family down our throats.  HE is the expert, not his wife, or sons.  If he is going to continue like this, change the name of the show to the DR. PHIL FAMILY and then we'll all know what to expect instead of continuing to hope the program content will include ONLY the actual expert with the applicable training.  As a happily married wife of 29 years, I understand loving your spouse.  But, that doesn't mean that we are experts in the other's respective fields.  It gets nauseating.

October 16, 2007, 2:17 pm CDT

10/16 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp Newlyweds, Part 5

Quote From: philfan908

Dr. Phil,

I am very surprised you let Karla go home without any support with her alcohol problem.  She has been in rehab three times and was drinking at the Dr. Phil house.  I am also very surprised you didn't suggest that John attend Al-Anon meetings, I really think it would help him to get some support.  I watch your show all the time and whenever someone is struggling with an addiction you offer them help but I have never heard you tell the families about Al-Anon.  I am sure you are familiar with the program.  My husband and I have been married for 27 years and he is my qualifier and we have five children.  We have struggled with alcohol (which is a family illness) all through our marrage.  I began going to Al-Anon two years ago.  When I first started I was sure I wanted to divorce my husband.  He is currently in recovery and not an active alcoholic (just for today I am grateful for that) and I have a huge support system from Al-Anon.  I know if it weren't for the Al-Anon program things would not have turned out this positively. 

Dr. Phil,

I totally agree with the quote about Karla not doing anything about her alcoholism.  She did not go to rehab and does not go to AA meetings, but she says she "knows the twelve steps" so she's ok.  Dr. Phil..I know that you know this girl is just totally white knucking it and it is only a matter of time before she is drinking again.  I am amazed that no one addressed this in the show.  The follow up show made them appear to be doing so much better.  She is just a time bomb with the flame very close to the fuze.  It's very sad actually.  She said on the followup episode that she was just drinking because she wanted attention.  BS...she drinks because she is an alcoholic who is just temporally dry.  Without help she is probably more miserable than when she was drinking.  I sincerely hope that The Dr. Phil show does something to address this issue or this woman is going to wind up in jail, or an institution, or dead. 

October 16, 2007, 2:48 pm CDT

Newlyweds

I AGREE WITH DR. PHIL. I HOPE HE WILL DO AN UP DATE ON THE newlywed's in the futuer.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next | Last