Message Boards

Topic : 06/06 Suing for Love

Number of Replies: 693
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 12, 2007, 02:56:16 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/19/07) Have you ever been so devastated after a breakup that you wanted someone to literally pay for your broken heart? When Bonnie and her ex, Charles, broke up, she says he went to an unexpected low. He wrote and distributed The Bonnie Chronicles -- a diary that she says is all vicious lies. He claims she has AIDS, seasonal bipolar disorder and is promiscuous. She took him to court and won a monetary settlement, but he maintains that the book is truthful and says he's not paying her a dime! Bonnie says she's ready to move on, but is she really done with Charles? Then, Dawn unknowingly had an affair with a married man and was sued for her crime of passion. You won't believe who sued her, and what she has to pay. And, DrPhil.com viewers weigh in with their thoughts about suing over a lost love. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 18, 2007, 11:06 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Doctor For Love Phil Suing. What are you talking about? I hope that Jay will never suing in front of Erica aswell. See you on Monday October 22nd, 2007. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-----------------------

October 18, 2007, 9:12 pm CDT

Suing for love.

I don't have tv, so I didn't get to watch this show.  5 years ago my finance left me after 17 years of being together.  Because we were not married (we were waiting for his child support obligation to end) I was left with nothing. He told me our state was a common law state.  I found out later that that had changed years before.  It has taken me 5 years and lots of work through counseling and workshops to start to feel okay again.  I was so emotionally devastated that I sabotaged myself into having nothing. I would like to sue him to at least try to recover some symbolence of pride and honor.  He hasn't spoken to me in over 3 years.  I have asked him what went wrong, what happened but he maintains silence.  He snuck into town and through away my things that were in storage.  He has also married for the 4th time in his life.  How can you stop a man who seems to ruin women's lives?  If I could, I would sue him for the same things that a wife is allowed to receive through a divorce.

October 19, 2007, 6:19 am CDT

10/19 Suing for Love

These two should be poster adults for not living together. Two people meet. Their hormones rage and they think "we need to move in together so we can have sex whenever we want to". That's the bottom line for the co-habitation. They don't take time to learn anything about each other. They figure "we'll learn as we go". And the result is these two idiots we see on this show today.

October 19, 2007, 6:38 am CDT

Since when isn't your Husband Responsible?!

Quote From: pjsluvn55

In Sept 2005, my  husband of 25 yrs literally walked out on our marriage, quit his job and went to live with his first wife in Tx, we had a home in Alabama..It has since been forclosed on yet he built  a new home for the two of them. I actually had no idea he was even thinking of leaving me!!! Talk about feeling as if I'd been hit in the gut with a baseball, I sure did. He's the one that walked out and all I've been able to do with my frustrations is to yell at him over the phone. He even refused to come help me get our house ready to sell, saying he didn't want to see me..it's my 6'3 son he doesn't want to see, or the grandchildren as he can't face them and the hurt in their eyes.

The reason I'm considering suing her is that she has been going behind my back and sending him letters saying she has and will always love him, although she kicked him out twice for a married man, years ago, and eventually married the other man. They were divorced a few yrs ago and she decided she wanted jim back and her daughters were helping her!! I know jim is the one that made the choice but she had no right to interfer in our marriage, she divorced jim twice, archie was a  married man and she broke up his marriage, now she's divorced him and pulled jim back..so she needs to learn to have common decency to

Sue his first wife?  What the hell is wrong with you, Lady?  Since when isn't your husband responsible for his OWN actions?  He left you and I'm sorry but thats not HER fault.  She doesn't owe you anything, she has no loyalty to you...why should she be responsible?  Shes not the one who is committed to someone else!  Sure, she might have emailed your husband behind your back..but guess what...HE EMAILED HER BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sueing the lover is crap.  I've been cheated on before.  Not once did I blame her!  She knew about me..she believed his lies that our relationship was banging on the rocks.  It doesnt' matter what she told him.  He was the one in the relationship, not her!!! 

I understand.  You don't really want to blame the responsible party...so you blame the other woman...who is most often referred to as a "Wh*re"  Shes not!  Your husband/boyfriend/S.O is!  Even if she repeatedly calls after he broke it off with her....guess what again, open your eyes!!! She wouldn't be calling him if he wasn't encouraging it in some way! 

October 19, 2007, 7:08 am CDT

LOVE HAS A PRICE?

I have been married for 26 yrs and they have for the most part been great years.  I am not saying that we haven't had our tiffs but managed to work through them.  I thank God every day that one of issues was NOT cheating. I know that people get married not for love but for personal satisfaction.  No one takes the sanctity of married anymore.  It is so easy to go out and get a boyfriend/girlfriend for the great escape of marriage and responsibility.  I don't understand how 1. Why they got married when it is clear that they are not ready for what it takes to handle the ups and downs of married life 2.  There will always be someone out there that will gladly have an affair because there are no strings attached for them  3.  Divorce is so easy to get that hey if the marriage don't work, in less than a year (in some cases 90 days) you are single again.  I/m sorry but people out there take more work in divorcing their spouse than they do working on their marriage.

October 19, 2007, 7:08 am CDT

Suing for love

Quote From: beckyleigh

Go for it.  Sue them for all you can get.  I think that when a partner cheats on you that they should be sued for all you can get.  It is a form of revenge but can sure help to heal the pain.  I have been there before and I know that you have to expose them, and then go for the wallet. 

Yes, you should be able to sue a mistress, this will stop so many infidelities and divorces.

October 19, 2007, 7:16 am CDT

The Bonnie Chronicles

This Bonnie is a nut- I don't believe her.. surprised Dr. Phil said "you don't seem the type to whore around".. Can Dr. Phil be that blind?  I could see right through her- it's always the ones that don't look the type ... you can see it in her eyes, she's nuts.. why did she quit her job as a teacher if she had nothing to hide?  So what if she had to be investigated- if she had nothing to hide, she should have just done what the school wanted, instead- she quit.. that shows me guilt.

Another thing, I think she's jealous over him getting back with his ex. I believe she swung that baseball bat around- I know people like this...  they look so innocent.. but they are master manipulators.. am I going to be sued now? heh

Yeah the guy's quirky.. but I believe him- he had every right to tape record her phone conversations.. if she had nothing to hide this wouldn't be a problem- she's a psycho.

October 19, 2007, 8:02 am CDT

Charlie is the one with the problem!

If Bonnie was that bad why didn't Charlie leave her, why did she dump him?

October 19, 2007, 8:05 am CDT

10/19 Suing for Love

Quote From: confuzzledwife

This Bonnie is a nut- I don't believe her.. surprised Dr. Phil said "you don't seem the type to whore around".. Can Dr. Phil be that blind?  I could see right through her- it's always the ones that don't look the type ... you can see it in her eyes, she's nuts.. why did she quit her job as a teacher if she had nothing to hide?  So what if she had to be investigated- if she had nothing to hide, she should have just done what the school wanted, instead- she quit.. that shows me guilt.

Another thing, I think she's jealous over him getting back with his ex. I believe she swung that baseball bat around- I know people like this...  they look so innocent.. but they are master manipulators.. am I going to be sued now? heh

Yeah the guy's quirky.. but I believe him- he had every right to tape record her phone conversations.. if she had nothing to hide this wouldn't be a problem- she's a psycho.

Come on did you see how ignorant charlie was the way he was sitting and answering the questions while looking up most of the time.

October 19, 2007, 8:29 am CDT

are you serious?

people love suing way too much

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last